PDA

View Full Version : taking my sisters boyfriend shooting

coltn46920
11-09-2009, 4:04 PM
Do you think I should bring the EBR's or do you think it will scare him off?

He was in the navy and claims he loves shooting.

Do you think anything can go wrong?

Should I just bring my crappy guns so I don't have to worry about a potential thief/scaring him/something else....?

Sorry as a gun owner I can be a little paranoid at times, especially living in california. Where guns are such a big deal.
:D

Black Majik
11-09-2009, 4:12 PM
"You break her heart, I break your neck." :D

Go for it, you'll know he wont ever mess with your sister.

Scratch705
11-09-2009, 4:15 PM
bring the scariest looking, and the one you are most accurate with.

then proceed to shoot a nice 5 shot group in the head and 1 in the groin area of a human shaped target paper from 100 yards.

that should get the point across. ha

stphnman20
11-09-2009, 4:19 PM
Bring everything! Why wouldnt you want to bring all your guns to the range?

gn3hz3ku1*
11-09-2009, 4:29 PM
if he was in the service i doubt you can scare him with a weapon...
if you have to worry about him stealing from you.. uhh thats another convo you need to have with your sister...

tlillard23
11-09-2009, 4:31 PM

Because most people on here would have to rent the largest u-haul to get to the range..... :43:

Angie
11-09-2009, 4:32 PM
Because most people on here would have to rent the largest u-haul to get to the range..... :43:

:rofl2: What he said

Rob454
11-09-2009, 4:39 PM
Personally anyone trying to intimidate me like that would get laughed at. Nothing wrong with being protective of a sibling but unless I actually do something to her then its none of anybodys business what goes on in our relationship.Nothing good can come of someone going over to show him a thing or two.
i think you're being a little over paranoid. Either take the guy shooting or dont. Most military guys like weapons of all kinds

AndrewMendez
11-09-2009, 6:36 PM

And ever month it keeps getting worse!

AndrewMendez
11-09-2009, 6:40 PM
To the OP, I would "educate" him. Military or not, its a different world then what he has shoot in before. I think some refreshing could be good for him. Let you sis deal with her mess, but ALWAYS make sure he treats her with respect, I speak from a Looooooong High School dealing with 2 Gorgeous sisters!

Clayface
11-09-2009, 7:12 PM
Take guns you don't mind cleaning or are easy on you. Tell him to be a good sport too by helping you clean them as well. So he can get the complete firearm experience.

CSACANNONEER
11-09-2009, 7:16 PM

I'll bring all my guns to the range and you can meet me there and shoot every one of them. The catch is, you'll have to clean every one of them too. The problem is, there's not enough time in a day for you to do it. But, the offer is on the table if you care to accept it.

Greg-Dawg
11-09-2009, 7:17 PM
If you're paranoid, then don't take him out shooting.

wash
11-10-2009, 9:04 AM
I've done exactly that, taking my sister and her BF shooting.

I didn't bring a thing, I rented. There is no need for either of them to know what I've got in my safe.

WeekendWarrior
11-10-2009, 1:09 PM
WWRTW

Mitch
11-10-2009, 1:13 PM
I took my brother-in-law out last Christmas and he doesn't even speak English.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/3135346249_85bd28ecc4.jpg

We didn't shoot everything we brought.

Rob454
11-10-2009, 5:50 PM
T dealing with 2 Gorgeous sisters!

I dont believe you. Put up pics or forever hold your tongue.

Rob454
11-10-2009, 5:51 PM
I've done exactly that, taking my sister and her BF shooting.

I didn't bring a thing, I rented. There is no need for either of them to know what I've got in my safe.

i think we found the most paranoid man on the forum:D. jeez dude its your sister.

gunsmithcats
11-10-2009, 6:33 PM
ive met a lot of people in the military, Marines included, who can't shoot for ****. +1 on giving him a refresher. Not too bash on our sailor brethern, but theyre firearms training in bootcamp aint too hot. Safety is paramount. Ive gone out with too many guys who think they know how to handle a gun cause they did in basic training.

ar15barrels
11-10-2009, 7:20 PM

I don't have a semi truck.

wash
11-10-2009, 9:20 PM
i think we found the most paranoid man on the forum:D. jeez dude its your sister.
My sister speaks with my parents and my parents think I own a Remington 41P, a Marlin 60 and a few Chinese air rifles.

They know I shoot occasionally but they don't really approve.

I think the reason why my sister asked me to go shooting with her was that her BF was Filipino and from what I understand Filipinos enjoy their guns.

As far as I'm concerned I'm the only one that really needs to know what's in my safe.

Rob454
11-10-2009, 9:28 PM
My sister speaks with my parents and my parents think I own a Remington 41P, a Marlin 60 and a few Chinese air rifles.

I think the reason why my sister asked me to go shooting with her was that her BF was Filipino and from what I understand Filipinos enjoy their guns.

As far as I'm concerned I'm the only one that really needs to know what's in my safe.

I was just teasing you bro.

Noobert
11-10-2009, 9:48 PM

So are your parent's estimates half right?

Turbinator
11-11-2009, 6:40 PM
I wouldn't bother with the subtle threats. Keep range time and man to man talk separate. If you really need to tell him to treat your sister well, do it over drinks at a bar, when she's out of earshot.

Take them out to the range, enjoy, and make sure everything's safe.

Turby

sirnonz
11-11-2009, 7:00 PM
my sister takes me shooting.. lol :wacko:

wash
11-11-2009, 7:03 PM
Not even close.

Vtec44
11-11-2009, 7:21 PM
my sister takes me shooting.. lol :wacko:

lol!!!