PDA

View Full Version : Much FUD in Santa Cruz

cyrus
11-09-2009, 9:49 AM
I went to outdoor world in Santa Cruz to buy ammo. 4.99 for a box of 22 American Eagle 40 count... I said no thanks and was told I would not be able to buy more than 50 rounds at a time by this Febuary so I better buy it NOW. I tried to correct him about SB962. I was told there was multiple laws and he was right. So I left...

Lying/misinformion to customers is off the charts, the prices are in another world.

Bug Splat
11-09-2009, 9:53 AM
Yeah Outdoor world is like maybe one step up from Big5. They stick the only employee they have who has ever fired a gun, behind the counter. The only time I buy from them or Big5 is when I know what. Those two place are the worst to go to if you have questions.

sergeantrex
11-09-2009, 9:54 AM
I know how you feel. Most of my gun owning friends believe that crap they hear from gun stores. I try to tell em otherwise but they would rather believe the guy who just wants to sell more ammo and guns.

oldrifle
11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm just surprised they still sell ammo in Santa Cruz.

wildhawker
11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Plenty of *AB962* info here and at CalNRA. Print some out and take it to their manager and politely show them the light. We'll be here when you get back. :D

CalNRA
11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
damn, a few weeks ago they were selling it for the low low price of 3.99 for 40.

bodger
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I've heard some FUD since 962 passed and Arnie signed it. Not from gun stores yet, but from non-gunnies who think they understood what the law was about from half-azzed listening to the news reports.

For instance, you have to have a license to buy ammunition now. And they weren't talking about driver's license.
Pathetic.

What is truly interesting is to hear why some people think laws like AB 962 are a good thing. Recently had a conversation about that with someone who referenced the recent tragedy at Fort Hood. Any gun control law is good, because it will help thwart these madmen with guns.

Really. Forget asking how it will thwart these idiots, it just will.
It has to, right? I mean, it's the law.

davescz
11-10-2009, 6:35 AM
Yeah Outdoor world is like maybe one step up from Big5. They stick the only employee they have who has ever fired a gun, behind the counter. The only time I buy from them or Big5 is when I know what. Those two place are the worst to go to if you have questions.

actually my friends and I have found several near by Big Fives that have had very knowledgable gun sales persons. the store in Mt. View had great gun person at the counter, he was well aware of the laws, and current legislation. He was a shooter himself, I bought one of my guns from them. they have good sale prices, but there ammo supply has been low recently but that can be said about most of the local stores. the Big Five in San Mateo is also a gun freindly store, knowledgeable employees, good prices, I bought a gun there too. (again ammo has been hard to find)

Big Five in Menlo Park has a probelm, they cant sell guns, the city has deemed them too close to a school (dispite it being across a fenced rail road track) They cant sell guns, thanks to the retarded Menlo Park City Council's UN-constitutional rules. dispite this, the store owner was very sympathitic to gun owners (I suspect he is a gun owner).

B Strong
11-10-2009, 6:58 AM
actually my friends and I have found several near by Big Fives that have had very knowledgable gun sales persons. the store in Mt. View had great gun person at the counter, he was well aware of the laws, and current legislation. He was a shooter himself, I bought one of my guns from them. they have good sale prices, but there ammo supply has been low recently but that can be said about most of the local stores. the Big Five in San Mateo is also a gun freindly store, knowledgeable employees, good prices, I bought a gun there too. (again ammo has been hard to find)

Big Five in Menlo Park has a probelm, they cant sell guns, the city has deemed them too close to a school (dispite it being across a fenced rail road track) They cant sell guns, thanks to the retarded Menlo Park City Council's UN-constitutional rules. dispite this, the store owner was very sympathitic to gun owners (I suspect he is a gun owner).

I second that.

Long before the Opanic ammo rush I'd hit the San Mateo store when they had ammo at deep discount -I'd buy one or two thousand rounds at a time, never an odd question, and they'd help carry it to the car too.

Nynvolt
11-10-2009, 7:02 AM
was told I would not be able to buy more than 50 rounds at a time by this Febuary

This is interesting because as I was leaving work this morning a guy I work with asked if I had heard about only being able to buy 50 rounds a month? I was like "what? That can't be true." He insisted it was. I don't know where he heard it, I just disregarded it as his misinterpretation of something he heard or whatever. I wonder where this is coming from?

HUTCH 7.62
11-10-2009, 7:28 AM
I'm just surprised they still sell ammo in Santa Cruz.

LOL +1000

tombinghamthegreat
11-10-2009, 11:12 AM
2 weeks sales pitch? not surprised.

BananaTyrant
11-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I was talking to my gf about 962 soon after it passed, and she was actually for it. She seems to not fully understand that if a law is put in place, it only restricts the law abiding. She talked about how it would probably cut back on gang violence because they'll be able to track the ammo purchases. She didn't believe me when I said that they'd probably just go to another state to buy the ammo.

Her response? "But wouldn't that be illegal then?" Like shooting people and selling drugs weren't already...

She's a smart girl, but she doesn't seem to understand people sometimes...

GearHead
11-10-2009, 1:42 PM
This is interesting because as I was leaving work this morning a guy I work with asked if I had heard about only being able to buy 50 rounds a month? I was like "what? That can't be true." He insisted it was. I don't know where he heard it, I just disregarded it as his misinterpretation of something he heard or whatever. I wonder where this is coming from?

The "anti trafficking" 50 round limit was part of the original bill but was amended out of the final product