PDA

View Full Version : Canyon having a Springfield sale on Saturday.

Ratters
04-25-2005, 7:07 PM
They usually have pretty good deals on these factory days so you might want to check it out if you are in the market for a Springfield product.

They are located at 877-F Howe Road in Martinez.

Blue
04-25-2005, 8:17 PM
The Springfield reps were at Reeds down here in San Jose two weeks ago and I scored a sweet deal on an M1a and 1911. I'd catch them at Canyon Sports while you can if anyones in the market for a gun http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PressCheck
04-27-2005, 9:23 AM
I'll be there.

bwiese
04-27-2005, 9:41 AM
Blue84s10 wrote:
The Springfield reps were at Reeds down here in San Jose two weeks ago and I scored a sweet deal on an M1A and 1911. I'd catch them at Canyon Sports while you can if anyones in the market for a gun http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I was disappointed with the SA reps.

I asked when they were gonna start offering chrome-lined barrels again on some of their M1As, and they looked at me like I was off-this-planet strange.

They said it was expensive, and could add $50-$100 to the price of the rifle. I told 'em I (and others) would gladly rather pay that $100 extra -- and it'd be better for them, too, as as it stands now, I wouldn't buy one of their rifles.

Told 'em, in essence, "You're doing something wrong when a customer has to buy your rifle, throw away a major component, and replace it with one - from another vendor or from surplus parts pile - to bring it up to acceptability."

Stiff smiles with blank stares...

Bill Wiese
San Jose

-hanko
04-27-2005, 3:33 PM
Originally posted by bwiese:
I was disappointed with the SA reps.

I asked when they were gonna start offering chrome-lined barrels again on some of their M1As, and they looked at me like I was off-this-planet strange.

They said it was expensive, and could add $50-$100 to the price of the rifle. I told 'em I (and others) would gladly rather pay that $100 extra -- and it'd be better for them, too, as as it stands now, I wouldn't buy one of their rifles.

Told 'em, in essence, "You're doing something wrong when a customer has to buy your rifle, throw away a major component, and replace it with one - from another vendor or from surplus parts pile - to bring it up to acceptability."

Stiff smiles with blank stares...

Bill Wiese
San Jose
Good post, Bill...I feel the same way. I think if anyone is serious enough to spend the money for an m1a, they probably don't want a close-clone. S'field quit using mil-spec parts as a cost-saving measure.

Their warranty is a good selling point, and it might be the only thing keeping them alive. I'd take an authentic FAL over their M1a anytime & know I'd have a superior gun. I couldn't say the same if the M1A came from Fulton or LRB for example.

I won't go on about what I consider to whoring the name of the original armory, or their price increase on the forerunner of the XD series pistols.

-hanko

bwiese
04-27-2005, 5:17 PM
-hanko wrote:
Good post, Bill...I feel the same way. I think if anyone is serious enough to spend the money for an m1a, they probably don't want a close-clone. S'field quit using mil-spec parts as a cost-saving measure.

I can live with cast receiver and a few other parts. Ruger's proved casting works well. (Though I know M1A cast op-rods can be problematic.)

But Springfield CAN offer chrome-lined barrels if they wanted to without disturbing their processes. Don't think they don't make barrels in house anyway.

Armalite proved that small non-Colt/non-.MIL co's can offer milspec chrome-lined barrels, at non-astronomical prices, on their AR10s. (Bushmaster has yet to learn this on their 308 AR rifles!)

And LRB Arms seems to be doing it too, and you know they're TINY.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Sharnhorst
04-27-2005, 8:55 PM
All go, but only if they keep the loud mouth with the goatee& tatoos locked in the back room. Every time i go in there, if i walk though the door and hear his voice, i turn around and leave.

bear
04-28-2005, 5:42 PM
http://www.calguns.net/laughroll.gif

Hey Sharnhorst, I know exactly how you feel, every time he opens his mouth, I just feel like exiting...

Is he the owner, or related to the owner? Good help is hard to find, as they say.

Sharnhorst
04-28-2005, 8:22 PM
Bear,All i know is, he must have 1400 sq. ft. two story safe. Every rifle or pistol he shows a customer, he tells them that he has the exact same one in his safe or he just picked the same one up because it was such a good deal. hes so full of B.S. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

PressCheck
04-30-2005, 7:45 AM
All go, but only if they keep the loud mouth with the goatee& tatoos locked in the back room. Every time i go in there, if i walk though the door and hear his voice, i turn around and leave

Never had a bad experience with the guy that you're refering to.