PDA

View Full Version : "Tokes" at Turner's

Rekrab
11-08-2009, 1:06 PM
I popped into Turner's today to check if they had any ammo and noticed they were selling boxes of 7.62x25mm. Then I looked at their case and noticed they had 6 or 8 Polish Tokarevs. They were all in pretty good shape. I had never handled one so I asked the guy if I could see one. They're really nice.

This was at the Turner's in Orange on Tustin, and they're selling for $299, which isn't terrible considering you get to see what kind of condition they're in and you don't have to deal with transfer fees. Well, it's decent if you're not an FFL03 and COE holder anyways >.>

I wasn't really looking, but it looks like they had been imported by a company in Redmond Washington.

holyhandgrenade
11-08-2009, 1:57 PM
I picked up a Romanian Tok from Turners about six months ago when they had them. They went for about $250 back then. I got the last one and since it was a display model the blueing wasnt great so they gave me like 10% off or something like that. Overall great deal, I love mine. Takes a bit of getting used to, they are similar to 1911s but just kind of "off" feeling to me. Still a ton of fun though. 7.62x25 is a hot little round. Finding non-magnetic ammo is somewhat difficult but not impossible.

Im not sure the quality of the Polish variants, but if its anything like the Romanian ones I say go for it. Its a lot of gun for $300.

Rekrab
11-08-2009, 5:40 PM
As silly as it sounds, I'm not sure I like the Polish ones as much because they don't look quite as nice as the Romanian ones. I actually really like the star on the grips of the Romanians.

And the point of this thread was more to make folks aware that Turner's is doing yet another good thing.

Dirtbiker
11-08-2009, 6:20 PM
The Polish Toks have some of the best mechanical fit and finish.

Colt
11-08-2009, 6:48 PM
I wasn't really looking, but it looks like they had been imported by a company in Redmond Washington.

Microsoft?

Rekrab
11-08-2009, 7:39 PM
Well it sure wasn't Nintendo.

Mitch
11-09-2009, 7:09 AM
Damn, time to renew my HSC.

Black Majik
11-09-2009, 8:56 AM
I noticed the same gems on Friday during the weekend sale, but I noticed the 7.62x25mm were priced at $25/50.

Ouch.

Rekrab
11-09-2009, 9:03 AM
I noticed the same gems on Friday during the weekend sale, but I noticed the 7.62x25mm were priced at $25/50.

Ouch.

I definitely wouldn't be buying their ammo. That price is ridiculous!