PDA

View Full Version : Not DOJ Approved?

hudsonaj36
11-08-2009, 10:12 AM
What does "not DOJ approved" mean to me?

In reference to Solar Tactical Grips.

Are Bullet buttons DOJ approved?
Does this mean DOJ can screw you on a whim?
Should I use something not approved by DOJ?
:confused:

xxG3xx
11-08-2009, 10:15 AM
from my understanding none of them are approved

Requiem
11-08-2009, 10:18 AM
from my understanding none of them are approved
because they don't like the loophole that they've created and that so many people are using effectively and lawfully ;)

B Strong
11-08-2009, 10:24 AM

The DOJ does not "approve" any firearm part, they enforce the law.

The fact that they sometimes attempt to stretch "the law" to make it what they want it to be is the problem.

hoffmang
11-08-2009, 10:33 AM
There have been only two DOJ approved long guns. One actually turned out to be illegal because no one at DOJ thought through the fact that is was a banned by name AW... In the case of the second, they're trying to claim that their prior approval wasn't really an approval.

Ignore them and follow the law as written in the PC, the CRC, and the Courts.

-Gene

Linh
11-08-2009, 10:53 AM

Just cause something is approved by the CALIFORNIA DOJ doesn't make that anyone one of the many District Attorneys won't prosecute you for it.

In a letter written by them it said that something wasn't illegal but a district attorney within the state could still try to prosecute you.

Ding126
11-08-2009, 11:08 AM
The DOJ will not approve any parts. I would suspect due to liabilties etc..Plus they want to keep us down...Just imagine if they officially said BB & OLL are acceptable in CA..They would all be out of work :43:

Linh
11-08-2009, 12:01 PM
The DOJ will not approve any parts. I would suspect due to liabilties etc..Plus they want to keep us down...Just imagine if they officially said BB & OLL are acceptable in CA..They would all be out of work :43:

I'm sure nancy will do all she can so they are unemployed or demoted. I'm sure she would rather have a gun ban than have the health care bill passed.

Crawfish141
11-08-2009, 12:56 PM
There have been only two DOJ approved long guns. One actually turned out to be illegal because no one at DOJ thought through the fact that is was a banned by name AW... In the case of the second, they're trying to claim that their prior approval wasn't really an approval.

Ignore them and follow the law as written in the PC, the CRC, and the Courts.

-Gene

Just curios, what were those long guns?

hudsonaj36
11-08-2009, 1:27 PM
Thanks for the info!

hoffmang
11-08-2009, 1:56 PM
Just curios, what were those long guns?

Evan's welded Bushmasters and DSA's FALs with a screw holding the magazine in.

-Gene

reidnez
11-08-2009, 5:02 PM
To my knowledge, while a number of rifles have been confiscated, there has never been a successful prosecution involving an OLL, legally-configured rifle (as per the flow chart), using appropriate magazines, and in the hands of someone not engaged in illegal activity with said rifle and not otherwise precluded from possessing a firearm.

That's good enough to tell me that I am within the letter of the law. If you're nervous, I would do a featureless build--nothing wrong with that.

hudsonaj36
11-08-2009, 6:30 PM
I already have an AR with a BB installed. I think the Solar tactical grip looks good and it would be nice to have a detachable magazine. What made me a little nervous was the fine print on Solar's website that said the Solar Grip was not DOJ approved. Now I realize after looking at other websites and from this thread is that nothing is really DOJ approved. Maybe some day these laws will use the not so common, common sense! Thanks for your replies.