PDA

View Full Version : are Bayonet lugs an Illegal feature???

brendog10
11-08-2009, 9:02 AM
So, I was looking into getting a replacement threaded FSB for my Saiga .223 .But The ones I'm finding on line all have Bayonet lugs. Which I was pretty certain were illegal here. I did a little research though and found tons of conflicting information. So could somebody point me in the right direction. Are bayonet lugs an illegal feature on a semi-auto rifle or not?:confused:
:clover:

hawk84
11-08-2009, 9:06 AM
Bayonet lugs were an illegal feature on the Federal Ban which expired 5 years ago

they are not an illegal feature in california, so you can get a threaded barrel with a lug for your rifle- just don't put a flash hider on it (if you have a detachable magazine)

professorhard
11-08-2009, 9:06 AM
They are not an evil feature. No problem with putting one on your Saiga.

69Mach1
11-08-2009, 9:24 AM
There's still one place that bayonet lugs are illegal. The 1989 import ban on long arms that are "non sporting". If you add a bayonet lug or any other probibited feature for importation, you will need to change out enough foreign made listed parts with US made ones to comply with 922r.

brendog10
11-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Right on ! does anyone know where I can get a Threaded FSB that will fit the Saiga .223 then? I found a few people saying that the Bulgarian FSB won't fit.

4thSBCT
11-08-2009, 3:15 PM
Right on ! does anyone know where I can get a Threaded FSB that will fit the Saiga .223 then? I found a few people saying that the Bulgarian FSB won't fit.

It depends on your saiga just measure the barrel. Some of the older siagas width is about .592 and the newer ones are back at .571 I might be wrong on which came first but the size you want is .571 and Thats the size that fits with the bulgarian fsb. As for getting the sightblock go register at akfiles.com and get in contact with user valleyrat. I just buaght one with a "zig zag" muzzle break for $85