PDA

View Full Version : FailZero Carrier group kit test video

SMGLee
11-07-2009, 11:35 PM
It is not a scientific test but at least the sand are tossed on a face up open ejection port door....unlike some other test you see...LOL

Link to Youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc68VEc1jos)

technique
11-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Lord have mercy!!!
Thank you!

ShelbyGT500
11-08-2009, 1:01 AM
there has been other videos like this, lets see the bolt open then pour sand :p

soopafly
11-08-2009, 1:19 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/soopafly_photos/FLAWLESS.png

mydogsmonkey
11-08-2009, 5:25 PM
thats was a pretty decent test and video

DREADNOUGHT78
11-08-2009, 5:31 PM
Good stuff!

pipboy
11-08-2009, 5:48 PM
Wow impressive!

I by no means baby my gear, but seeing this type of purposeful abuse (even when its not mine) still makes me cringe...:p

Addax
11-08-2009, 8:12 PM
Good test SMGLee.

xxdabroxx
11-09-2009, 10:55 AM
there is something wrong with his rifle, it goes brrrrrrap. Where mine only goes bap, bap, bap, bap. I am jealous.

Synergy
11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Something is fishy! I watched the vid a few times. Why did he turn from the camera to insert BCG? The way he picks it up doesn't even look like the rear takedown was even pulled, nor did he put in the "brake kleaned" BCG.

xxdabroxx
11-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I think it is legit. He turns away for some odd reason, but i am think the wind was bothering him? You can hear him slide in the BCG and close the upper if you crank it up to 11.

Vtec44
11-09-2009, 11:33 AM
there has been other videos like this, lets see the bolt open then pour sand :p

hahahahha

evollep3
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
great video i love mines!

SMGLee
11-09-2009, 3:30 PM
Something is fishy! I watched the vid a few times. Why did he turn from the camera to insert BCG? The way he picks it up doesn't even look like the rear takedown was even pulled, nor did he put in the "brake kleaned" BCG.

You are kidding right? I stood up, turn to face the target, the lower had the pin pulled already, within that short amount of time, what else could I do? maybe because of the angle, some of you are really suspicious.

besides, i pour sand on it....LOL!

I don't think any firearm will work with sand pour directly into the receiver, not even an AK.

Plisk
11-09-2009, 3:48 PM
All the more reason I'm glad I splurged on my FailZero BCG. My next build, I hope to afford their whole Extreme Duty Kit.

ar15barrels
11-09-2009, 4:16 PM
It is not a scientific test but at least the sand are tossed on a face up open ejection port door....unlike some other test you see...LOL

You got your gun dirty dude...

socomIInato
11-09-2009, 6:10 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/soopafly_photos/FLAWLESS.png

throw some mojave gravel in there! I bet it won`t be a happy AR.:(

Synergy
11-09-2009, 11:23 PM
You are kidding right? I stood up, turn to face the target, the lower had the pin pulled already, within that short amount of time, what else could I do? maybe because of the angle, some of you are really suspicious.

besides, i pour sand on it....LOL!

I don't think any firearm will work with sand pour directly into the receiver, not even an AK.

I'm not kidding. If you want to front a product, dont turn and hide while installing the BCG. Plain and simple. You were down on your case to "strip" the BCG, I find it odd you stood up and turned away from the camera. Why not show the internal of the upper and install it on video? Blow out the upper with brake kleen. I could strip a BCG "dry" and have a well greased upper and be GTG.

I dont know your product. I could ceramic coat a BCG and inside an upper and it does the same thing. I have used ceramic coatings on engine internals that have faced worse than a FA BCG. You dumped a 30 rd mag. Pull the BCG and videotape the damage and show the internals of the upper. Dump 200 rds pull the BCG and show it off! After something "mechanical" is exposed to contamination it doesnt die in the first few minutes of use. It dies after the contaminate makes everything FUBAR. Dump sand into a engine. It will run for a few minutes. Then check compression and get back to me.

ar15barrels
11-09-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm not kidding. If you want to front a product,

Just so you know, it's NOT chen's product.
He's just showing his test of it.

Synergy
11-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Just so you know, it's NOT chen's product.
He's just showing his test of it.

I wasn't sure whose product it is. I just call it as I see it. Like I mentioned I dont know anything about FailZero. I just see these dirt/durability tests and laugh.

You and I both know, a few particles of debris on a treated/hardened BCG and untreated Upper...something has to give...:D

ar15barrels
11-09-2009, 11:46 PM
You and I both know, a few particles of debris on a treated/hardened BCG and untreated Upper...something has to give...:D

There's HUGE clearance for debris in the reciever.
There's only those 4 small points of contact between the carrier and the reciever.
The debris simply gets pushed out of the way.

Look at the crud built-up in my 3gun upper after a couple thousand rounds:

http://ar15barrels.com/tech/oil-track.jpg

The crud below the oil track is almost 1/32" thick in the photo.

SJgunguy24
11-09-2009, 11:55 PM
There's HUGE clearance for debris in the reciever.
There's only those 4 small points of contact between the carrier and the reciever.
The debris simply gets pushed out of the way.

Look at the crud built-up in my 3gun upper after a couple thousand rounds:

http://ar15barrels.com/tech/oil-track.jpg

The crud below the oil track is almost 1/32" thick in the photo.

Randall........your gun's dirty:p

ar15barrels
11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Randall........your gun's dirty:p

I know.
I'm trying to make it fail from lack of cleaning.

I last cleaned it back in january, 2008.
It just won't stop, even after almost 2 years of 3gun matches...

SMGLee
11-10-2009, 9:06 AM
I'm not kidding. If you want to front a product, dont turn and hide while installing the BCG. Plain and simple. You were down on your case to "strip" the BCG, I find it odd you stood up and turned away from the camera. Why not show the internal of the upper and install it on video? Blow out the upper with brake kleen. I could strip a BCG "dry" and have a well greased upper and be GTG.

I dont know your product. I could ceramic coat a BCG and inside an upper and it does the same thing. I have used ceramic coatings on engine internals that have faced worse than a FA BCG. You dumped a 30 rd mag. Pull the BCG and videotape the damage and show the internals of the upper. Dump 200 rds pull the BCG and show it off! After something "mechanical" is exposed to contamination it doesnt die in the first few minutes of use. It dies after the contaminate makes everything FUBAR. Dump sand into a engine. It will run for a few minutes. Then check compression and get back to me.

First of all, this is not my product, and i am in no way associated with it. the fail zero people called to send me a kit, and ask me to test it to see if i like it. I figure i run a test on it and post it no matter what the outcome was. The fail zero people agreed and send the kit my way.

I was in the desert shooting with friends, its where I made the video. I simply turn to face the target, please do not call upon my integrity. I simply run a test, posted on line. if you have a problem, come to my shoot next time and you can run the same exact test.

Please don't talk to me like this is some kind of offical testing. again...this is not my product and I just did it for the heck of it. I don't feel like cranking my hard earn money on ammo just so I can please you...LOL.

J_Rock
11-10-2009, 9:33 AM
First of all, this is not my product, and i am in no way associated with it. the fail zero people called to send me a kit, and ask me to test it to see if i like it. I figure i run a test on it and post it no matter what the outcome was. The fail zero people agreed and send the kit my way.

I was in the desert shooting with friends, its where I made the video. I simply turn to face the target, please do not call upon my integrity. I simply run a test, posted on line. if you have a problem, come to my shoot next time and you can run the same exact test.

Please don't talk to me like this is some kind of offical testing. again...this is not my product and I just did it for the heck of it. I don't feel like cranking my hard earn money on ammo just so I can please you...LOL.

You shouldnt take it personally man. People on this site tend to be anal about 'tests'. I mean if you saw the thread about the AR being buried in sand you would know this.

SMGLee
11-10-2009, 9:40 AM
You shouldnt take it personally man. People on this site tend to be anal about 'tests'. I mean if you saw the thread about the AR being buried in sand you would know this.

roger that.....Maybe next time i should run the buried in sand test and shoot like 200 rounds there after...so all the cynics can rest a little easy.

Funny thing is that the time I turn to face the target to the time the camera catch up, other than I am magician, i could not have dump oil, or change carrier or anything of such. you can see my right hand holding the carrier and dropping it into the receiver.

Only think i saw that could be call into question is that I should have spray brake cleaner into the receiver...

trinydex
11-10-2009, 1:08 PM
test shmest, i saw a cool video of a guy pouring sand in his ar and goin' three round burst. *thumbs up*