PDA

View Full Version : great... AMERICAS MOST WANTED john walsh just called the SU-16...

ldivinag
11-07-2009, 9:26 PM
... "not a sporting weapon, but a killing one..."

the story starts when last month or 2, in oakland gang members shot a dude and started a high speed chase. chase ends up killing one during a collision.

anyways walsh is doing his stand-up and he's in a gun range. shoots off 12 rounds (!) and then starts talking to an oakloand cop about the one guy who got away...

sigh...

louscamaro91
11-07-2009, 9:29 PM
I saw that. The cop said he heard "full auto fire" Yea right.

sevensix2x51
11-07-2009, 9:35 PM
i got this rice cooker in my kitchen, it holds about a gallon of water if i were to fill it with water, rather than rice. i bet i could bludgeon someone to death pretty good with it. john walsh could call it, "not a cooking rice cooker, but a killing one." i guess that goes for my johnson banjo, and my metronome, as well.

dchang0
11-07-2009, 9:40 PM
It IS a sporting weapon, because killing is a sport for gang members...

hoffmang
11-07-2009, 10:06 PM
The Security of a Free State is not about sporting.

-Gene

Crazed_SS
11-07-2009, 10:12 PM
I saw that too.. I just about spit my beer out.. "Was that a SU-16?!"

Alvin Tostig
11-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I didn't have beer to spit out, so I just puked instead...

Alaric
11-07-2009, 11:07 PM

-Gene

Definitely sig line material there.

ponderosa
11-07-2009, 11:08 PM

-Gene

Spot on!

lomalinda
11-07-2009, 11:09 PM
I think he's too shell-shocked due to the terrible loss he sustained years ago to offer anything other than overly emotional responses to queries regarding firearms.

hnoppenberger
11-07-2009, 11:25 PM
I think he's too shell-shocked due to the fact his tounge is so far up LE's rear end to figure out whats real and whats not.

Seesm
11-07-2009, 11:51 PM
S.U.R. Sport Utility Rifle "Spread it like butter!!" :)

joelukehart
11-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Did anyone see when John Walsh was in a ride along on "Cops"? Worst episode ever. I think it's great he is helping bring criminals justice but helping the gun grabbers just ain't right.

510shooter510
11-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Why pick out an SU-16? Since when is that on the chopping block? I would even think the sks would beat the SU-16 to the punch...oh wait, its not painted black...

Steve O
11-08-2009, 3:08 AM
Has anyone ever contacted him and let him know about the founders giving us the RTKBA? And did anyone get a response?

Gberberian
11-08-2009, 4:05 AM
wow society needs to get over themselves... people who do not own weapons and dis-respect weapons wants to call it the devil. Welll im sorry folks the media is the devil and if i had a FRIGGIN FRAGGIN PENNY for everytime I've told people , GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE! PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!

halifax
11-08-2009, 5:46 AM
Hasn't he been the keynote speaker a Brady events before?

Swift Justice
11-08-2009, 7:43 AM
Guess I'd better sell my SU-16 out of state now...

Nefarious
11-08-2009, 7:46 AM
Guess I'd better sell my SU-16 out of state now...

+1
not even the SU-16 is safe anymore lol

Rob454
11-08-2009, 7:50 AM
I think he's too shell-shocked due to the terrible loss he sustained years ago to offer anything other than overly emotional responses to queries regarding firearms.

What happen to his daughter is horrible and should never happen to any children. but it happens a lot. There are lots of parents who lose their children through accidents and violent crime. I don't think you ever get over it your children are supposed to outlast you. I can appreciate his total commitment to bringing bad guys into the law enforcement arms but be truthful with your reporting. Dont embellish simply for the camera and your audience
Rob

D53
11-08-2009, 7:51 AM
I did a google search but could not find a video clip, anyone have a link?

virulosity
11-08-2009, 8:54 AM
Its not a sporting weapon, its the ugly abortion that californians get instead of the AR-15.

Quiet
11-08-2009, 8:57 AM
This is nothing new, John Walsh has been anti-gun for many decades.

B Strong
11-08-2009, 10:15 AM
... "not a sporting weapon, but a killing one..."

the story starts when last month or 2, in oakland gang members shot a dude and started a high speed chase. chase ends up killing one during a collision.

anyways walsh is doing his stand-up and he's in a gun range. shoots off 12 rounds (!) and then starts talking to an oakloand cop about the one guy who got away...

sigh...

With respect to the loss of his son, I have every sympathy for Mr. Walsh.

In every other respect, the guy's a douchebag.

jwb28
11-08-2009, 10:20 AM
His tv show has done a lot of good. To bad he has to inject his beliefs into a show born out of a tragedy. You can not legislate morality. You can not ban an inantimate object and stop crime (drugs come to mind). And if the day comes that something needs killing to protect innocent life, then an EEEvil. firearm is the right tool for the job.
+1 on Gene's post.
John

evidens83
11-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Its not a sporting weapon, its the ugly abortion that californians get instead of the AR-15.

Ha I'm not the one that said it :tooth:

Linh
11-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Well the suspect did use it for killing so by John calling it a non sporting rifle but a killing one sorta makes sense.

I mean that is what MOST people on the news use their weapon for.

missiontrails
11-08-2009, 10:33 AM
NEWS FLASH: All guns, knives (including kitchen), batons, bats (sporting goods included), cars, planes, boats, bombs, dangerous chemicals, mentally deranged women, rocks, deep water, radiation, steep cliffs, cement shoes, farm tools/equipment, and the such are killing machines.

chsk9
11-08-2009, 10:48 AM
I think he's too shell-shocked due to the fact his tounge is so far up LE's rear end to figure out whats real and whats not.

:rofl2:

reidnez
11-08-2009, 10:58 AM
The anti's always like to have a pet gun to target--from the "plastic pistol" Glock to the "bullet-hose" Tec-9 to the .50-caliber rifle which fells 747's with a single round.

But, as someone else said, his words could be interpreted another way: this was a killing rifle, not a sporting rifle, because it was in the hands of a criminal who decided to kill with it. In those terms, a single-shot .22 is just as easily a "killing rifle." I doubt that's what Walsh meant, but it's how I choose to hear it nonetheless. :D

Ding126
11-08-2009, 11:05 AM
The media always call semi auto EBR's machine guns, full auto etc. They also refer to pistols as automatics instead of SEMI automatic.
Why do you think AMW would be any different

John Browning
11-08-2009, 1:01 PM
Todd Perea, the driver of the car they hit who was killed, was a life long friend of mine. I grew up with him, was in a wedding with him, and he was an amazing person. He was a total goofball and was always in a great mood. I've honestly had a really hard time dealing with the loss (I've had a few other losses to deal with, and that hasn't helped) and it was very difficult to watch that show last night.

I was really saddened to see that the guns were in any way made a part of what happened. Four people, who all deserve to be executed without delay, chose to take three innocent lives. My friend Todd was killed by a 3,000 pound missile, and that in no way has anything to do with what kind of gun was used. It also doesn't change the result, or lessen the hurt since he wasn't "gunned down." Murder is murder, and it should be dealt with harsly regardless of how it is committed. I wish they would have used that time to talk about how a good, productive, funny person had his life stolen by animals who offer nothing to this world. Todd really made this world a better place, and that should have been more of a focus.

Full Clip
11-08-2009, 7:47 PM
Eh, he just says what the writers tell him to say.

HkFan416
11-08-2009, 8:29 PM
You would think given John Walsh's circumstance he would understand that firearms are there to protect your FAMILY and yourself from the type of garbage he's against. What an idiot.

Shane916
11-08-2009, 10:42 PM
What happen to his daughter is horrible and should never happen to any children. but it happens a lot. There are lots of parents who lose their children through accidents and violent crime. I don't think you ever get over it your children are supposed to outlast you. I can appreciate his total commitment to bringing bad guys into the law enforcement arms but be truthful with your reporting. Dont embellish simply for the camera and your audience
Rob

Actually it was his son Adam.

hnoppenberger
11-08-2009, 11:54 PM
hell looks like im gonna have to say it again.

and thats it!

shakeyjake
11-09-2009, 6:53 AM
Well i think the panic has begun:eek:There use to be all over the "private sale section" but now they are sold,removed or overpriced.That will teach me to put off a purchase:(

dfletcher
11-09-2009, 8:31 AM
This is nothing new, John Walsh has been anti-gun for many decades.

On one of the episodes earlier this year he did the "I'm a gun owner but ....." and then went on to say why certain guns and equipment should be banned. It was of the "C'mon guys, I'm a gun owner but these have no place on our streets" sort of remark.

Tankhatch
11-09-2009, 9:49 AM
Walsh reads the FUD from cue cards or teleprompters.
The show has writers whom write the fud,,, that he speaks.

5hundo
11-09-2009, 10:02 AM
OH NO!!!

The dreaded SU-16!!! :eek:

Now I'm scared... :rolleyes:

WeekendWarrior
11-09-2009, 10:10 AM
WWRTW