PDA

View Full Version : Watched "The Terminator" today...

wilit
11-07-2009, 6:30 PM
oh man, I forgot what a good movie it is. Haven't seen it since I was a kid.

The part I love the most was when the Govenator was in the gun shop and the guy says there's a 15 day wait on the handgun but the rifles he can't take home today. Never realized California didn't have a waiting period for fully automatic Uzis and AR-18's... LOL...

smokinskul
11-07-2009, 6:47 PM
My favorite part was when he passed ab962 and a ton of other useless laws, still claimed to be a Republican, and then was "terminated" at the end!

Oh Wait! Thats next year!

HUTCH 7.62
11-07-2009, 6:50 PM
Yeah too bad he forgot about us.

audihenry
11-07-2009, 7:18 PM
Yeah too bad he forgot about us.

Contrary to your belief, hardcore gunowners aren't the only people in California...

Clayface
11-07-2009, 7:27 PM
That's your favorite part ? The most memorable moment to me comes in the love scene were their undeniable sexual tension errupts.

jumbopanda
11-07-2009, 7:54 PM
Apparently Arnold had to have a hidden wire running up his sleeve to power the big ol' laser on his 1911. We've really come a long way since the 80s...

audihenry
11-07-2009, 7:55 PM
Apparently Arnold had to have a hidden wire running up his sleeve to power the big ol' laser on his 1911. We've really come a long way since the 80s...

Haha, really? Man, to think we play around with animals with laser pointers today! To say we're spoiled is to not say enough.

jumbopanda
11-07-2009, 8:00 PM
Haha, really? Man, to think we play around with animals with laser pointers today! To say we're spoiled is to not say enough.

I can't find the article I read a while back, but this is from IMDB:

The laser aimed handgun was specially built by Laser Products Corporation (now Sure-Fire). This was in the early days of laser aimed weapons and the what was seen was actually not a complete assembly. Only the laser was mounted but the required battery pack was hidden from view. In those days the battery packs were very large, about the size of a TV remote control. A wire was hidden underneath his sleeve.

audihenry
11-07-2009, 8:39 PM
I can't find the article I read a while back, but this is from IMDB:

Haha, the things Arnie did for us. Wait a minute...:43:

Barney Gumble
11-07-2009, 8:41 PM
Never realized California didn't have a waiting period for fully automatic Uzis and AR-18's... LOL...

One of the things pointed out on IMFDB (I think it was there) is that there were deleted scenes showing the Terminator converting the Uzi and AR-18 to full-auto. You couldn't buy full auto firearms over the counter...there was still the NFA even if the assault weapons ban hadn't been conceived yet.

HUTCH 7.62
11-07-2009, 8:42 PM
Contrary to your belief, hardcore gunowners aren't the only people in California...

Yep I guess were just a bunch of Neo Nazis then

Baconator
11-07-2009, 8:55 PM
"Phase plasma rifle in the 40 watt range," a buddy of mine who had seen that movie a million times never realized he asked for that. I love that movie.

locosway
11-07-2009, 8:56 PM

Seems like all you do is argue with everyone else. Sure, hardcore gun owners there may not be a lot of, but what does this bill do to stop crime? It's another law that the law abiding will follow and the criminals won't.

Maybe you should understand that there are more than law abiding citizens in California.

Southpaw45
11-07-2009, 10:46 PM
If I ever see Arnie on TV again, Im changing the channel! Im doing a personal boycott on anything hes in!!!:mad: I cant stand the way he threw law abiding gun owners under the bus like that just to please the Liberals by throwing them a bone!!!

Rob454
11-07-2009, 10:54 PM
"Phase plasma rifle in the 40 watt range," .

Thats my next rifle

Dekker
11-07-2009, 10:57 PM
"Sorry fresh out, we only got 60 watt"

audihenry
11-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Seems like all you do is argue with everyone else. Sure, hardcore gun owners there may not be a lot of, but what does this bill do to stop crime? It's another law that the law abiding will follow and the criminals won't.

Maybe you should understand that there are more than law abiding citizens in California.

It pleases constituents, interests groups, etc. That's what government does. Unfortunately for us, the interests of gun owners are secondary or tertiary or worse.

Most of the stuff the government does is wasteful and ineffective anyway, and this is no exception.

By the way, this is a forum: people exchange ideas. Do you want me to nod and say, "Yes, I agree, screw Arnie!"?

Mitch
11-08-2009, 8:01 AM
One of the things pointed out on IMFDB (I think it was there) is that there were deleted scenes showing the Terminator converting the Uzi and AR-18 to full-auto. You couldn't buy full auto firearms over the counter...there was still the NFA even if the assault weapons ban hadn't been conceived yet.

James Cameron is/was a bit of a gun nut, one of the few in Hollywood. On the Aliens DVD there is some commentary about how Sigourney Weaver was/is rabidly anti-gun, and was uncomfortable with all the gun play her character engaged in for the movie. One day Cameron took her out in the back of the studio with a Thompson submachine gun and let her shoot it (this was in the UK, so I don't know whether the Thompson was loaded with blanks or they had some special exemptions for movie-makers). On the DVD, she is on video declaring how much fun she had doing that.