PDA

View Full Version : Caught the BRD, ran down to RifleGear.com and...

locosway
11-07-2009, 6:58 PM
DROS'd my first lower!!!

I also grabbed a lower parts kit, 10/20 pmag, and a BB.

On the way home I magically stumbled into Turners where they had a sale on .223, so I grabbed 60 rounds.

So... Now I need to figure out what upper I want! :D

Man, you guys and your nasty BRD... My wife hates you guys now.. ;)

sytfu_RR
11-07-2009, 6:59 PM
congrats on your newly found BRD! RifleGear is definitely a good place to start, great people there.

doodoostain
11-07-2009, 7:05 PM
Hey I was there today too. When'd you go? I dros'ed my first lower too. What'd you get? I ended up getting the spikes.

locosway
11-07-2009, 7:05 PM
Yeah, talk about a no nonsense experience. Cool people, clean, although small shop. It's definitely the place to go for AR gear around me.

I'm in love with the pmag design... Magpull really put some thought into it, and now I'm thinking I want all of their stuff!!! :D

locosway
11-07-2009, 7:06 PM
I just grabbed a Kaiser Defense. For $109 it's hard to beat!

I forgot what time I was there, maybe around 3pm or so. I was wearing a Google shirt if we were there at the same time.

Greg-Dawg
11-07-2009, 7:08 PM
You're a man now.

locosway
11-07-2009, 7:10 PM
You're a man now.

You know... I had to double check the .223 rounds before I bought them. The box was so small I thought I grabbed something else like a .22 Magnum.

Harley
11-07-2009, 7:43 PM
Congrats, which Turners? North Tustin?

locosway
11-07-2009, 7:44 PM
Fountain Valley, it was on my way home from Costa Mesa to Anaheim.

Vinz
11-07-2009, 8:10 PM
welcome...suprised it took you so long.

vinz

locosway
11-07-2009, 8:14 PM
welcome...suprised it took you so long.

vinz

I was never a fan of the AR, but it's grown on me, and now I like it.. :D

Today I was planning my next build after this one... :rolleyes:

bombadillo
11-07-2009, 8:15 PM
Haha, welcome to the disease. I was going to build ONE!!!! I ended up with 3 that I've kept and countless others that i've used and sold or built for others. I now need to get some bolt guns, and a few others to round out the collection.

locosway
11-07-2009, 8:16 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna grab a 870 next and then a .308 or larger bolt gun.

rockdogz
11-07-2009, 8:18 PM
Cool, I want to go there soon! :D

joefrank64k
11-07-2009, 8:28 PM
DROS'd my first lower!!!

On the way home I magically stumbled into Turners where they had a sale on .223, so I grabbed 60 rounds.

Riflegear is the best! I've bought 4 lowers from them, and 3 uppers (2 CMMG mid-lengths and the 24" Stag 6H), plus various p-mags, BB's, optics, stocks, etc. And I use them for my out-of-state transfers (super friendly and efficient with the DROS).

Welcome to the fold...AR's are a lot of fun!

fcr
11-07-2009, 8:52 PM
Went in there today also, looked at the new Bolt rifle/Bullpup. Desert Tactical .300 WM. Wow interesting rifle. The trigger on it was smooth, really smooth. There must have been 7-8 people in there, for those who haven't been there that is crowded. Had to leave before I pulled out my wallet.

zman
11-07-2009, 8:57 PM
BRD strikes again! :D

Have you overcome or had the H1N1911 virus yet? :)

Toolbox X
11-07-2009, 11:27 PM
3,562 posts on Calguns and you JUST NOW caught BRD??!?!

locosway
11-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Yes, just now...

I was opposed to the AR for numerous reasons, however, I now see why it's popular and I want one for those same reasons. Well, that and the SOCOM is so damned expensive. :)

As for the 1911, I already have one. However, I don't think I'd ever trust another gun the way I trust my Glocks.

Edit: And yeah, riflegear has a small customer area. So being in there with 6 other people today was, cramped... However, great people, super fast, and they now have all of my AR business. :D

technique
11-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Your upper options are:
(you're a SHTF kinda guy so these are your options.)

Colt (pricey)
Bravo company (SHTF ready, and reasonably priced)
Daniel defense (SHTF ready, and reasonably priced)
LMT
Saber

If you're looking fpr a piston upper:

Addax (end all be all!)

locosway
11-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Your upper options are:
(you're a SHTF kinda guy so these are your options.)

Colt (pricey)
Bravo company (SHTF ready, and reasonably priced)
Daniel defense (SHTF ready, and reasonably priced)
LMT
Saber

If you're looking fpr a piston upper:

Addax (end all be all!)

Sabre has some nice prices. I'm trying to keep my build somewhat cheap even though I seem to be lusting over that Magpul stuff.. :D

high_revs
11-07-2009, 11:52 PM
just be ready to make your second one not long after your first build. :D Cuz you know you'll be itching to do another one.

doodoostain
11-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Sabre has some nice prices. I'm trying to keep my build somewhat cheap even though I seem to be lusting over that Magpul stuff.. :D

i'm eyeing the sabre uppers too but i think you will finish your build before me. i'm taking my build slow. i did like the magpul stocks as well though.

locosway
11-08-2009, 12:26 AM
I don't know... If I can't move some of these car parts I won't have the money to finish my build. I have my tranny up now on craigslist but no takers. If I have no responses on Monday I'll bring the price down a little.

ZombieKiller
11-08-2009, 6:46 AM
The only cure for that is a nice AK ...... or two.

Sam .223
11-08-2009, 9:58 AM
DROS'd my first lower!!!

i started out in a similiar fashion, and i forgot to tell my wife about it so when i went and picked up my 2nd lower and brought it home she saw it and i got the dreded words "what is that". after the head shake she told me they need to find a cure for that disease already.