PDA

View Full Version : J & J FUD

Phireglass
11-07-2009, 5:36 PM
So today I went to the Ventura gun show at the Ventura fairgrounds and i visited the J & J Armory booth where they had some nice looking shotguns, my friend johnny asked them if they had any magazine rebuild kits and he asks what type of gun the kits for, he says AR, the man behind the counter goes off in a rant saying that even if the magazines are pre ban and your rifle is featureless that it is an AW in california as soon as you pun in a magazine with +10 rounds. I explain to him that this only applies if your rifle has "evil" features and he denied everything I said, its a shame because he had a featureless sitting right on his table

Nessal
11-07-2009, 6:09 PM
IF you have pre-ban standard cap mags, it is NOT illegal to use in a featureless build.

bwiese
11-07-2009, 7:12 PM
The J&J Armory mgmt guys are smarter than that, nice/smart guys.

I believe that may have been a booth worker not really under full supervision.

gn3hz3ku1*
11-07-2009, 7:12 PM
So today I went to the Ventura gun show at the Ventura fairgrounds and i visited the J & J Armory booth where they had some nice looking shotguns, my friend johnny asked them if they had any magazine rebuild kits and he asks what type of gun the kits for, he says AR, the man behind the counter goes off in a rant saying that even if the magazines are pre ban and your rifle is featureless that it is an AW in california as soon as you pun in a magazine with +10 rounds. I explain to him that this only applies if your rifle has "evil" features and he denied everything I said, its a shame because he had a featureless sitting right on his table

maybe he figured a 19 year old cant possibly have prebans?

stan
11-07-2009, 7:36 PM
you never know, if a ban was going into effect on something cool and i had a toddler, i know i would definitely make sure he had em to his name!

Flogger23m
11-07-2009, 7:40 PM
Rebuild kits are not illegal. If you asked them for rebuild kits to make into 10/30s, then they might have let you buy them.

The way you worded your post seemed like you wanted to make them into 30 round magazines.

Unless you are replacing your preban high caps, then you can't have magazines over 10 rounds.

Yes, you can use your prebans in a featureless rifle. But they must be preban.

Jpach
11-08-2009, 1:23 AM

A 19 year old illegally posessing prebans does not create an AW out of a featureless build by putting the said mags in the rifle though

Twystd1
11-08-2009, 9:18 AM
I can't wait till these guys are out of business. It should be soon now.

T

XS40
11-08-2009, 9:45 AM
A 19 year old illegally posessing prebans does not create an AW out of a featureless build by putting the said mags in the rifle though

Where's the law from?

I can only think of:
12276.1(a) Notwithstanding PC section 12276, assault weapon shall also
mean the following: Rifles
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the
capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

An illegally obtained preban 11+ round magazine would make the featureless build illegal contraband based on this specific one. Is there another overriding law?

shark92651
11-08-2009, 9:53 AM
There is nothing in the law that states you cannot use a legally owned, pre-ban high capacity magazine in a centerfire rifle that does not have any banned AW features. It does not matter if you bought or built the rifle post-pan. It IS illegal to put a high-capacity magazine into a fixed mag rifle such as all the Bullet Button equipped ARs. I have heard some people spread FUD that you can only use the pre-ban mags with a pre-ban rifle - this is false. If this were true then it would be illegal to buy an SU-16 (an example only, I am not advocating the purchase of SU-16s ;))and put your pre-ban high cap AR magazines into it. There is nothing in the law that even remotely states this is prohibited.

Rebuild kits should only be used to repair pre-ban high cap magazines or to create permanently modified 10 round mags.

Jpach
11-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Where's the law from?

I can only think of:
12276.1(a) Notwithstanding PC section 12276, assault weapon shall also
mean the following: Rifles
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the
capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

An illegally obtained preban 11+ round magazine would make the featureless build illegal contraband based on this specific one. Is there another overriding law?

It may make the featureless build illegal contraband but still not an AW. And good luck to the state to prove or even notice that the guy/gal illegally obtained the high cap to begin with.

And I should change my 1st post, there is no law prohibiting posession of high-caps. It must have been the sleep and legally acquired codine speaking.

Phireglass
11-08-2009, 12:17 PM

Well I am 19, though when i was like 7 or 8 i went to a surplus shop and bought all kinds of old "refurb" mags and a bunch of holsters and what not to go along with my airsoft stuff, I just thought at 7 years old having magazines was cool, never would of though it was such a good idea to hold on to em!

Phireglass
11-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Rebuild kits are not illegal. If you asked them for rebuild kits to make into 10/30s, then they might have let you buy them.

The way you worded your post seemed like you wanted to make them into 30 round magazines.

Unless you are replacing your preban high caps, then you can't have magazines over 10 rounds.

Yes, you can use your prebans in a featureless rifle. But they must be preban.
My buddy Johnny specifically asked for rebuild kits, we both have featureless builds and pre-bans idk if the guy was just being a d*** or what but whatever we said he would butt in and say NO ITS AN AW! so we just walked away, whats funny is they didn't have any magazines anyways the guy just thought he was right and went off trying to prove a point, all i got to say is i will not be supporting J & J neither is my boy Johnny

Turo
11-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Well I am 19, though when i was like 7 or 8 i went to a surplus shop and bought all kinds of old "refurb" mags and a bunch of holsters and what not to go along with my airsoft stuff, I just thought at 7 years old having magazines was cool, never would of though it was such a good idea to hold on to em!

Similar situation here. I'm 20, and before the hi-cap mag ban went into effect, my dad gave me all of his +10 magazines. Granted there were only a few of them, but they're mine Dangit!

Jpach
11-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Similar situation here. I'm 20, and before the hi-cap mag ban went into effect, my dad gave me all of his +10 magazines. Granted there were only a few of them, but they're mine Dangit!

Same here brotha, same here. My dad bought the guns for me when I was a kid and he bought the mags for me too. Good thing they didnt put an age requirement for the pre-2k high caps

Phireglass
11-08-2009, 3:30 PM
I love getting around stupid california laws:hurray:

harmoniums
11-09-2009, 7:49 AM
Phireglass ... ain't that a bong manufacturer?
In a public forum choose guns or weed dude, ne'er the twain shall meet according to 4437

Dunno, but If I was a DOJ guy (and there are LOTS of them here) and read a post by a 19 year old young man who names himself after a 420 product asking questions about high caps in california, my eyebrows would raise.

Phireglass
11-09-2009, 5:20 PM
I have no idea if such a company exists, I have been using this handle ever since I was about 12, I like the name and have never heard of it attributing to such- I do not support any type of "bong manufacturer" or anyone who associates themselves with that sort of activity, nor do I support anyone who uses illegal substances, BTW what does that have to do with J & J Armory??