PDA

View Full Version : We need more Pro 2A on SF Gate

LesGrossman41510
11-07-2009, 1:19 PM
Since the brady campaign and other anti gun groups dont really have a public message board, i am thinking that the SFGATE forums are the new breeding grounds of liberal dissent and anti gun loony toons.

"Take for example, this posting from yet another san franciscan transplant pro gay pro gun control touting idiot.

This is a sad and sorry state of affairs, but it is to be expected.

Since I started posting on SFG (this time last year), there have been half a dozen massacres and an infinite number of cases of gun violence against isolated individuals.

Until this nation gets serious about strict gun-control (and ushers in laws like those enjoyed by your allies, whose societies are plagued by FAR LESS gun violence) and reins in the OBSCENITY of its gun-adoring culture; this MADNESS will continue."

"One must hope that President Obama will have a chance to replace the irresponsible Nazis on the U.S. Supreme Court, with SANE justices; who will side with the four WISE judges who dissented in the recent PSYCHOTIC majority decision to expand gun rights in a DELUSIONAL misreading of the Second Amendment.

Guns on trains and in national parks must be forbidden, and constitutionally acceptable gun-control laws adopted nation-wide—to bring SANITY AND CIVILIZATION to a country plagued by a LUDICROUS right-wing ideology; that, YET AGAIN, has resulted in a severely and dangerously—even (quite obviously) MURDEROUSLY—dysfunctional society."

This idiot called the 2a "delusional". Im not the most verbally skilled in attacking these idiots. I would probably just spout a bunch of "i hope some thug breaks into your house and you WISH you had that 1911 you *#($*#"

What im saying is that mostof you CGers seem to have very complex arguments for the Pro 2A, and many of you have witty, calm, and more professional ways of attacking these liberal Dbags.

If any of you have extra time, or are tired of preaching to the CG choir about the absurdity of gun control, the delusion of health care reform, and the total BS behind the new taxes, please visit SFG and bring your attack to these people first hand!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article/comments/view?f=/n/a/2009/11/06/national/w114832S90.DTL&plckFindCommentKey=CommentKey:c6b1e61c-aed7-482b-9ef0-3d33ab918818

audihenry
11-07-2009, 1:28 PM
There are nutjobs on both sides and the guy who posted that is clearly a paranoid and brainwashed individual. Wait, does that make me a right wing nut job?? Shiit! ;)

LesGrossman41510
11-07-2009, 1:48 PM
yea they seem to group us all as "right wing nutjobs" and i frequently have to remind them to visit CHabot Gun CLub and SEE WHO IS SHOOTING. last time i was there i saw young girls, asians, blacks, hispanics, old white guys, young punk rock white guys. They have this mental image that we are all angry old guys with dixie t shirts and confederate flags. And i have the mental image they are all latte sipping vegan snobs who like to bask in their own farts.

audihenry
11-07-2009, 2:07 PM
yea they seem to group us all as "right wing nutjobs" and i frequently have to remind them to visit CHabot Gun CLub and SEE WHO IS SHOOTING. last time i was there i saw young girls, asians, blacks, hispanics, old white guys, young punk rock white guys. They have this mental image that we are all angry old guys with dixie t shirts and confederate flags. And i have the mental image they are all latte sipping vegan snobs who like to bask in their own farts.

It's an unfortunate image that gun owners have. I can't forget the looks I got from people the last time someone mentioned I owned a gun. :chris:

There seriously needs to be a campaign by the NRA or other groups to show ALL kinds of people with guns as collectors, hobbyists, or otherwise, such as doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc.

The last effort I saw in a magazine made gun owners look like uncultured yahoos. :eek:

Purple K
11-07-2009, 2:15 PM
I post to SFGate all the time.

BillCA
11-07-2009, 2:40 PM
Let's see if this post lasts very long...

Billca 11/7/2009 3:07 :09 PM

This tragic event is unsurprising, given the leftist bent for political correctness. It's all about saving someone's "self esteem", regardless of the negative consequences for dozens or hundreds of others. Leftists squeal that it's "racial profiling" if you "pick on" some poor 27 y/o Muslim flying across the country one-way on a cash ticket. The ACLU will sue your business if you refuse to sell an Arabic man 12 pre-paid cell phones when his explanation is sketchy. We're all racists, xenophobes and close minded bigots. *Sheesh*

No one seems to get it. Hasan shoots up a military base. Thousands of guns there, all locked up. Personnel are defenseless for 10 minutes until MPs arrive. Who stops him? A big bury solider? No, a petite female MP barely 5'3" tall. She stops him with a handgun. A HANDGUN. One person. One Handgun ends it. Guns are not the problem. It's the left's attitude that people should be defenseless that's the real problem.

berto
11-07-2009, 3:55 PM
I post on SFGate almost every day. I don't expect to change minds and post more as a counter to the illogical rantings of those off their mess.

Vinz
11-07-2009, 4:13 PM
good luck withthat guys...the punch (kool aid) is real strong over there.

vinz

a1c
11-07-2009, 4:56 PM
What does the fact that he's "pro gay" have anything to do with it? :confused:

audihenry
11-07-2009, 5:15 PM
Leftists squeal that it's "racial profiling" if you "pick on" some poor 27 y/o Muslim flying across the country one-way on a cash ticket. The ACLU will sue your business if you refuse to sell an Arabic man 12 pre-paid cell phones when his explanation is sketchy.

So, in other words, if it was a white person flying one way cash or buying 12 pre-paid cell phones, you wouldn't think it as sketchy? The number of white Americans involved in domestic terrorism (put 9/11 aside) far outweigh the number of Arabs or any other non-White group.

No one seems to get it. Hasan shoots up a military base. Thousands of guns there, all locked up. Personnel are defenseless for 10 minutes until MPs arrive. Who stops him? A big bury solider? No, a petite female MP barely 5'3" tall. She stops him with a handgun. A HANDGUN. One person. One Handgun ends it. Guns are not the problem.

You're taking the issue out of context here: the woman was indeed an MP, not a civilian out with a CCW or something. Gun laws as they are discussed have nothing to do with carrying on a military base.

Farquaad
11-07-2009, 5:37 PM
What does the fact that he's "pro gay" have anything to do with it? :confused:

Yeah, so if I'm pro-gay rights I guess that you think I'm an idiot too?

LesGrossman41510
11-07-2009, 11:38 PM
yea i let that one slip. I myself am not anti or pro gay but its an issue i dont want to touch at all. i should not have mixed that in with the argument. I only posted that because i searched his comment history and in the gay marriage article in maine he posted a really raucous pro gay comment.

BillCA
11-08-2009, 3:57 AM
So, in other words, if it was a white person flying one way cash or buying 12 pre-paid cell phones, you wouldn't think it as sketchy? The number of white Americans involved in domestic terrorism (put 9/11 aside) far outweigh the number of Arabs or any other non-White group.
No, I think you're deliberately reading into it something that isn't there.

I said that if authorities question someone who is Muslim based on a reasonable suspicion, the ACLU and left get their panties in a knot and scream "racial profiling" and that the questioners are racists. If you are white and face the same questions, the ACLU won't give you the time of day.

You're taking the issue out of context here: the woman was indeed an MP, not a civilian out with a CCW or something. Gun laws as they are discussed have nothing to do with carrying on a military base.
No, you are seeing this out of context. I framed it in the context of the shooting, described that guns on bases are locked up and it was a female MP armed with a handgun that stopped it.

Because of limited space I couldn't elaborate so I had to plant this as a sort of seed thought. Guns don't do you any good if they're locked up when violence happens. And one armed person can stop the violence. The final thought was that the left's insistence that people be defenseless is the real problem.

The parallel here is that in cities like S.F. where they want you to lock up your guns like D.C. the gov't is making you defenseless and that is the problem. Even with all the guns available on a military reservation, even with combat veterans around, they are defenseless against someone intent on violence - regardless of the tool being a handgun, rifle, car, sword or machete.

Soldier415
11-08-2009, 5:04 AM
I am not looking forward to the fact that when I come home, I will be unarmed most of the time.

After having a sidearm on my belt and an M4 across my chest every day for almost a year...it is going to be a hard adjustment.

krzgoat
11-08-2009, 6:53 AM

Actually they don't bask in their own farts they save them in hopes that one day they will be able to run a car off them.

LesGrossman41510
11-08-2009, 11:57 AM
fart powered priuses for all!

Fjold
11-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Wouldn't targeting Muslims be "Religious Profiling" not racial. Muslims come in all races.