ASAPs too!

http://www.optactical.com/magpulasap.html

Enjoy

THT
11-07-2009, 9:48 AM
I've got 'em (had 'em all week) too :D

ChrisO
11-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I love my ASAP and MS2 sling set up im lucky I got mine at just the right time.

God Bless The Mauser
11-07-2009, 12:01 PM
The ASAP looks like it would rattle.

Plisk
11-07-2009, 12:31 PM
The ASAP looks like it would rattle.

It does a little bit if you don't have a sling attached.

ChrisO
11-07-2009, 4:17 PM
Yeah it will if you don't have a sling attached but whats the point of having a sling attachment point with no darned sling? When you take up the slack while shooting or having it slung it does not rattle.

Requiem
11-07-2009, 4:50 PM
I imagine you could put some thick electrical tape over the piece to prevent rattling if you really wanted.

gemini1
11-07-2009, 5:22 PM
A much better way is to use an old rubber vacuum tubing. The size fits perfectly on swivel mounts.

ChrisO
11-07-2009, 11:12 PM
He is talking about the ASAP plate not the MS2 sling, It will not rattle unless the weapon is not slung and you are holding the thing in you're hands and shaking it and I really doubt whatever you're shooting at is going to be worrying about if you're sling plate is rattling.

Requiem
11-07-2009, 11:24 PM
He is talking about the ASAP plate not the MS2 sling, It will not rattle unless the weapon is not slung and you are holding the thing in you're hands and shaking it and I really doubt whatever you're shooting at is going to be worrying about if you're sling plate is rattling.

I think he's more concerned about whether you had to detach your sling for a certain scenario while silence is essential at the same time. That obviously isn't a common scenario, but it's important to think about any situation you could/will be in.

DK9mm
11-08-2009, 9:26 AM
I think he's more concerned about whether you had to detach your sling for a certain scenario while silence is essential at the same time. That obviously isn't a common scenario, but it's important to think about any situation you could/will be in.

:iagree:

jdmtype1
11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
I heard rumors that Optactical is an airsoft store. Please tell me this is not true. I just visited the site, and they make no mention that they are an airsoft store.

God Bless The Mauser
11-09-2009, 11:51 AM

I live in the country and we have problems with raccoons and skunks coming around and killing chickens so I'm out at night a lot looking for them. We've had coyotes come by the house and even a mountain lion kill and eat a deer probably only 100 yards away from the house. I notice stuff that rattles because it sounds a lot louder at night. The sling on my AKM rattles like crazy so I just have to hold it against the handguard with my hand. My weapon mounted lights get used too :)

Plisk
11-09-2009, 1:19 PM
I heard rumors that Optactical is an airsoft store. Please tell me this is not true. I just visited the site, and they make no mention that they are an airsoft store.

It is not. You're safe.

SuperSet
01-17-2010, 1:20 PM
A little bit of a necro post but..
is there an ASAP-like solution for fixed stock for featureless users? I currently use a 2-point VTAC sling and can do okay using Kyle Lamb's video but the MagPul method of sliding the sling over is quicker.

SuperSet
01-17-2010, 1:20 PM
double tap