PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get the droid?

f4iguy
11-07-2009, 9:14 AM
How do you like it? I've had some trouble updating contacts but overall like the phone any other thoughts, or tricks?

jarhead995
11-07-2009, 9:36 AM
On November 20th, its either droid or iphone I'm not sure what to get. How are the apps?

f4iguy
11-07-2009, 10:00 AM
the android market is cool, I didn't like that you have to have a gmail account to sync, as I've used yahoo forever but they forward from your acct for 30 days. I like it better because it has the qwerty keyboard. very stout!!!! I'd give the apps 2 months and they'll be as good if not better than apple, seeing as the Android software is open we will see. hope this helps, anyone else?

The google maps feature is the stuff, amazing feature, if you get confused like i do with directions.

GlennG31
11-07-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm thinking about picking up the Droid Eris. My contract is up, and with my New Every 2 discount, I can get it for $49.99. Not a bad price for an Android phone. The only drawback is that it comes with Android 1.5, not 2.0 like the Droid.

jarhead995
11-07-2009, 10:06 AM
the android market is cool, I didn't like that you have to have a gmail account to sync, as I've used yahoo forever but they forward from your acct for 30 days. I like it better because it has the qwerty keyboard. very stout!!!! I'd give the apps 2 months and they'll be as good if not better than apple, seeing as the Android software is open we will see. hope this helps, anyone else?

The google maps feature is the stuff, amazing feature, if you get confused like i do with directions.

You can only use gmail?!?!

f4iguy
11-07-2009, 10:14 AM

Dont take my word but it is a GOGGLE phone.......

aemergin
11-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I have a Sprint HTC Hero .. Android 1.5 works great, but I can't wait for 2.0 (or at least 1.6). Very happy with the system, HTC has made a very slick interface to sit on top of Android. Going from a Mogul (HTC 6800) to this is a huge difference .. I just miss being able to use WMWifiRouter to share my 3G connection .. I'm sure there will be something similar for Android soon enough.

f4iguy
11-07-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm thinking about picking up the Droid Eris. My contract is up, and with my New Every 2 discount, I can get it for $49.99. Not a bad price for an Android phone. The only drawback is that it comes with Android 1.5, not 2.0 like the Droid.

Pay the extra for 2.0

uzigalil
11-07-2009, 10:18 AM
I read that the Droid is good and maybe the best Android phone yet,But I'll stick with my Iphone.

f4iguy
11-07-2009, 10:26 AM
I read that the Droid is good and maybe the best Android phone yet,But I'll stick with my Iphone.

dont blame you. Its a fair phone.

JDay
11-07-2009, 12:38 PM

You need a google account to use the marketplace.

Scratch705
11-07-2009, 12:48 PM
wish droid came for SIM carriers....

although it would be moot since i just got a new contract... so it will be till next year oct before i can get a new phone.

Eric Mayer
11-07-2009, 12:54 PM
I just went and checked it out. VERY nice. However, the plans Verizon has are way too expensive. I'll stick to TMO and wait for the other Droid phones to start rolling out...

Eric :cool:

TonyM
11-07-2009, 1:18 PM
I'm waiting it out for a bit.

I think the best devices on android will be out in awhile and I'm not going to jump ship to Verizon now and pay their fees until we see more hardware.

The killer for me is that the VPN client doesn't allow you to use a grouppasswd key by default and you have to do some hacky stuff to get it to work. When they change that, I will be happier to leave my Blackberry behind and get my work email via a VPN connection.

JDay
11-07-2009, 3:31 PM
wish droid came for SIM carriers....

although it would be moot since i just got a new contract... so it will be till next year oct before i can get a new phone.

There is a GSM version of the phone and you could buy it and just stick your existing SIM card in it.

http://www.talkandroid.com/1847-motorola-droid-gsm-version/