PDA

View Full Version : REPORT FROM MOJAVE

socomIInato
11-07-2009, 12:51 AM
once again I have returned to my secret longe range rifle range in the mojave:pthis time I took my july acquired pk firearms bushmaster 20 inch upper mated to sgw preban lower. when I first recieved my upper it had a slight problem. it thought it was a single shot rifle:eek:sent it back to pk and they found some debris in gas tube. tube was replaced, upper returned to me. rifle function tested and zeroed at angeles both iron and scope. scope is a original colt 3x with bullet drop compensator marked to 500 yards, but actually goes past to at least 800m. target evil white little rock at estmated 800m. ammo used in accuracy evaluation was pmc 55gr bronze, federal 55 gr in 100rd bulk pack, pmc ss109. accuracy winner was pmc ss109, as trajectory was higher,hit harder, hit pattern tighter and less effected by crosswind. 2nd place pmc 55gr, 3rd place fed 55 gr. I also tried some wolf 62 gr, but they failed to feed correctly. suspect bullet tips dragging on mag was cause of malfuncion. all other ammo was 100% reliable. I have to find some more of those pmc ss109 green tip babies! overall I fired about 300 rds. I got say I`m very satisfied with my new HBAR:Dgood use a new scope with a better optics and higher magn. of at least 6x. now if I can find one that as compact as my little colt scope. other oberservation regarding my ar is that the 2 position car15 stock has slight play in between stock and tube. this causes a rocking motion in rapid fire. after returning to my truck, i had placed a empty green ammo spam can that onced contained 440 rds of 7.62x54R and now contained rocks on top of what I call white buffalo rock. at a distance of 300m i set scope to 300 yrd position, one shot from my HBAR using fed 55 gr from kneeling position downed the spam can. hows that for topping off a glorious day in the mojave!

Twystd1
11-07-2009, 7:17 AM
Sweet..!!!!

Twystd1

Plisk
11-07-2009, 9:29 AM
use a new scope with a better optics and higher magn. of at least 6x. now if I can find one that as compact as my little colt scope. other oberservation regarding my ar is that the 2 position car15 stock has slight play in between stock and tube. this causes a rocking motion in rapid fire.

Go with an ACOG, you'd be doing justice to your AR-15.

Also, if you want that stock play to go away. Try a Magpul CTR stock, it has a lockdown feature that takes most, if not all the play out of the stock.