PDA

View Full Version : arizona state law on open carry

phaded
11-06-2009, 9:46 PM
(Moderators please move to appropriate forum as necssary)

Literlly on the road to arizona..... with firearm on board...... can I open holster it when I cross the boarder? Did a lot of research and so far so good..... but being first time outa california with firearm kinda uncertain.... any feedback would be nice.... thanks in advance!!!!

slik556
11-06-2009, 11:06 PM
For open carry issues go to here to make sure..

http://www.opencarry.org/

Go to the maps and it will show the law for that area of the country.

jdberger
11-06-2009, 11:27 PM
for the most part, yes.

AZ is a liberal OC state - but in metro areas, you'll get some looks.

dustoff31
11-07-2009, 9:42 AM
for the most part, yes.

AZ is a liberal OC state - but in metro areas, you'll get some looks.

There is no need for such foul language.:D

Literlly on the road to arizona..... with firearm on board...... can I open holster it when I cross the boarder? Did a lot of research and so far so good..... but being first time outa california with firearm kinda uncertain.... any feedback would be nice.... thanks in advance!!!!

Do be careful about looking for "No Weapons Allowed" signs. Property owners do have the right to make that restriction. Also, OC is not allowed in bars or resturants serving alcohol.

8-Ball
11-07-2009, 9:45 AM
(Moderators please move to appropriate forum as necssary)

The second you cross the line into America, you can strap that sucker on your belt and walk straight up to any peace officer and ask about the weather, restaurant recommendation, directions, etc... He will simply answer your question and wish you a good day...

ETA:

NOTE: The Federal Gun-Free School Zones Act Restricts Carry to Permit Holders

Places Off Limits:
A Polling Place on The Day of an Election
Establishments or Events Open to The Public AFTER BEING ASKED TO LEAVE OR STORE THE FIREARM
Game Refuges
Nuclear or Hydroelectric Generating Stations
The Grounds of Any Public School

Ding126
11-07-2009, 9:59 AM
You can legally have a loaded firearm in your glove box or center council as long as its in a holster ( ccw not required ) You can open carry..if wearing jacket but the weapon must have 4 inches visible minimum..but being in AZ who needs a jacket. Also you need to look for signs in stores and restaurants who request no weapons.

This is what we leave at places who don't honor CCW's or LOC
http://ecopromedia.com/shop/money-cards-pack-p-38.html
( click on image )

joebrock
11-07-2009, 2:14 PM
Also, OC is not allowed in bars or resturants serving alcohol.

The law was recently changed to allow carrying where alcohol is served. You cannot drink while carrying.

dustoff31
11-07-2009, 2:40 PM
The law was recently changed to allow carrying where alcohol is served. You cannot drink while carrying.

The new law allows CCW holders only to carry in an establishment serving alcohol. Open carry is still prohibited.

Cokebottle
11-07-2009, 2:41 PM
if wearing jacket but the weapon must have 4 inches visible minimum..but being in AZ who needs a jacket.
Ever visit Flagstaff? ;)

But the jacket issue is easily resolved with a drop-leg holster.

phaded
11-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks for everyones feedbak.... it was a fun trip, especially being able to carry every where that I went..... good times!