PDA

View Full Version : SCAR mag- locks?

TangoCharlie
11-06-2009, 8:43 PM
Is anyone making these yet?

sevensix2x51
11-06-2009, 8:44 PM
i dunno, but i want one!!!! and a stock pinning kit....

duraglock
11-06-2009, 9:17 PM
Just did a custom featureless grip for one in flat dark earth.

Quiet
11-07-2009, 6:14 AM
Contact Cold War Shooters, they had "bullet button" type magazine locks on the SCARs they sold a few months ago.

joelspe
11-12-2009, 9:11 AM
I have been looking for a BB for the SCAR for months now. Cold War Shooters has not seemed interested in helping me get a lock. I have been nicely calling them every few weeks since August.

If anyone has any info on where I can get one or who can make one for me please let me know. I need three of them.

munkeeboi
11-12-2009, 9:18 AM
not a big enough market for anyone to make one. Unless said mag lock designer owns one.

Option for the time being is a solar tactical fin and pinning the folder/collapsible part of the stock.

joelspe
11-12-2009, 9:21 AM
The mag release is so close to an AR type mag release I am surprised no-one is producing them yet. I am probably going to try to rig one myself pretty soon. I have seen a few rifles out there with locks on them but other than Cold War Shooters which has been a dead end, no-one seems willing to tell where they had them made. With a BB I don't know why anyone would pin the stock, why not just install a BB and a longer flash suppressor?

munkeeboi
11-12-2009, 10:03 AM
the problem is the ambi-release. it's not as simple as the AR BB.

I plan on using the Solar tactical fin in FDE so I can use my 30rd mags (obtained pre-2000) and keep things detachable. I find that being able to use detachable 30 rd mags is far more important to me than being able to fold or collapse the stock as. You'd have to add another 2.5" to get 30" if you wanted to keep the folder. i think that just adds the already long exposed barrel it has right now.

joelspe
11-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Tha Ambi-release actually shouldnt be a problem. It is the same type of Mag bar that the AR has. If you installed a BB like the Prince-50 the ambi release would be useless. I had to get the lower to look at it to be sure before replying. It is the same principle as the Norgon ambi-catch. If the mag release bar is locked, it can't move and therefore the ambidextrous part of the mag release wouldnt move either.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=4982