PDA

View Full Version : CGN/GV sweepstakes: Donate and win a full DD M4 Carbine OLL Rifle - Now with GUNPAL!

Pages : [1] 2

artherd
11-06-2009, 6:04 PM
As CGN grows to 40k users, cementing itself as California's Premier Firearms Forum, our needs grow as well. Last sweepstakes was a great success: This time we're giving away a Daniel Defense M4 Carbine OLL rifle!

This is a complete Daniel Defense M4 Carbine rifle. This rifle includes your choice of a CA fixed magazine device, a C Products 10/10 magazine, and a Daniel Defense hard case. More Information from TenPercentFirearms.com (http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=620)

Click below to enter with GUNPAL - There is no limit to the number of tickets you may purchase.

Thanks everyone this entry period is CLOSED! There will be a drawing shortly once everything is collated and then we will announce the lucky winner.

http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/images/ddm4a.jpg
(picture is an exemplar.) you can buy this rifle from Ten Percent Firearms (http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=620).

Obligatory Legalese below! (yes, we really do have to say all of this)

OFFICIAL RULES AND CONDITIONS

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

Void Where Prohibited

GeoVario's "6th Donate to CGN and win Sweepstakes " ("Sweepstakes") begins at 6:00 p.m. Pacific on November 6 1, 2009 and extends through 11:59 p.m. Pacific on April 25, 2010 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes is produced and sponsored by GeoVario, 1083 Vine St #215, Healdsburg, CA 95448 USA ("GeoVario").

ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (other than the States of New York and Florida) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of GeoVario and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.

HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. You may enter the Sweepstakes in one of three ways: (1) Any person who donates $10 or more to CGN server fund during the Sweepstakes Period will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes each time a donation over $10 is made. 1 entry for every $10 donated. As used in these Official Rules and Conditions, "donate" means the successful completion of the secure deposit process by correctly entering valid payment information. You will be entered once for every donation that you confirm. (2) Send a check payable to "Ben Cannon - CGN" to GeoVario, Attn: 6th Sweepstakes Entry, 1083 Vine St #215, Healdsburg, CA 95448 USA. (3) Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by submitting a 3x5 card upon which is printed by hand your name, address, telephone number, email address, age and the words "6th Donate to CGN and win Sweepstakes" to: GeoVario, Attn: Sweepstakes Entry, 1083 Vine St #215, Healdsburg, CA 95448 USA. Mechanically reproduced entries are void. One entry per postcard or confirmed donation. All postcard entries become the exclusive property of GeoVario, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Except where Prohibited, postcard entries may be published in their entirety. Except where prohibited, postcard entries must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Conditions and the decisions of GeoVario, which shall be final. GeoVario reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the Official Rules and Conditions.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Ben Cannon will retain ownership of the server equipment for liability reasons. Ben Cannon through his company GeoVario currently donates all hosting for calguns.net, in exchange for in-kind advertising. GV is not a Derek, and we don't own calguns.net or thehighroad.us or .org. This is being conducted by Ben Cannon, with the permission but no other involvement of the owners of calguns.net and thehighroad.us All transfers of firearms must comply with all state federal local and municipal laws. Any attempts to circumvent said laws, by any parties including law enforcement, will result in civil and criminal prosecution. This is not a tax deductible charitable donation and is not being conducted by The Calguns Foundation, or by any other nonprofit.

PRIZES: One winner will be chosen in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the sweepstakes period to receive one DD M4 OLL Rifle or cash equivalent (the "Prizes"), in accordance with all law. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Prize is nontransferable. All federal, state and local taxes, fees and surcharges will be the sole responsibility of the Prize winners.

SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: The winners of the Prizes shall be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing shall occur within 10 days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period and will be conducted by an independent third party, but under the supervision of GeoVario, whose decisions are final and binding. The Prize winners will be notified by email. In the event that any email notification is returned as undelivered, GeoVario will attempt to re-send the notice up to 5 times. If any winner fails to respond to email notification within 3 days of its transmission, or if the email notification remains undeliverable after 5 attempts, or if postal mail notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. GeoVario is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners.

NOTICE: GeoVario reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Sweepstakes in violation of these Official Rules and Conditions and/or criminal and/or civil law.

The Prize winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility within 10 days of acknowledged notification. Unless a resident of Tennessee or where otherwise prohibited by law, the Prize winners will be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release Agreement within 10 days of acknowledged notification. By accepting and/or using the Prize, the winners agree to the use of their names, likenesses, and/or voices without compensation in publicity and advertising concerning GeoVario. Failure to return the completed and executed Affidavit and Agreement within the time specified or to comply with any provision of these Official Rules and Conditions may, in GeoVario's sole discretion, result in a winner's disqualification and forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to an alternate winner.

PRIVACY: See GeoVario's privacy policy for information on data collection and use practices.

CONDITIONS: The Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the United States. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.

GeoVario and its affiliates, representatives, agents, directors, officers, shareholders and employees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of GeoVario; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. GeoVario reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel this Sweepstakes at any time if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem or cause beyond their control corrupts the administration, security, or proper function of the Sweepstakes.

By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless GeoVario and its affiliates, representatives, agents, directors, officers, shareholders and employees from any and all liability from any injures, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of any prize.

WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the Sweepstakes Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked "6th Donate to CGN and win Sweepstakes WINNERS LIST" to GeoVario, Attn: Winners List, 1083 Vine St #215, Healdsburg, CA 95448 USA. Requests must be received no later than 30 days following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.

Richie Caketown
11-06-2009, 8:35 PM
who won the last raffle?

jarhead995
11-06-2009, 9:17 PM
^^ who won?

EdCo
11-06-2009, 9:37 PM
So who won the last raffle?

afro
11-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Damn, I want that....

sfwdiy
11-06-2009, 10:01 PM
So who won the last raffle?

Yeah, who did win the last raffle?

--B

sfwdiy
11-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm in for a ticket. Looks like a nice rifle. The Gunpal order page says this goes to the server fund, no mention of a raffle ticket. Just want to make sure this is correct.

--B

Greg-Dawg
11-07-2009, 10:39 AM

Click below to enter with GUNPAL - There is no limit to the number of tickets you may purchase. For connivence sake we've made some 2,5, and 10-packs of tickets available :)...

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

I want to enter and I don't want to purchase...but I still have to purchase a ticket? I don't get this.

Oldbud
11-07-2009, 12:01 PM
I want to enter and I don't want to purchase...but I still have to purchase a ticket? I don't get this.Read the included rules and you will find the below in the "How to enter" section;
(3) Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by submitting a 3x5 card upon which is printed by hand your name, address, telephone number, email address, age and the words "6th Donate to CGN and win Sweepstakes" to: GeoVario, Attn: Sweepstakes Entry, 1083 Vine St #215, Healdsburg, CA 95448 USA. Mechanically reproduced entries are void. One entry per postcard or confirmed donation. All postcard entries become the exclusive property of GeoVario, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Except where Prohibited, postcard entries may be published in their entirety. Except where prohibited, postcard entries must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.Though I believe the only way to include a SASE with the postcard is to send the postcard (with SASE) in another envelope.

artherd
11-07-2009, 12:12 PM
User Patman won the Sig, he's selected .40cal - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=194133

Yeah, who did win the last raffle?

--B

jarhead995
11-07-2009, 1:32 PM
now this one i really want

hopefully my first .223/5.56

jarhead995
11-07-2009, 3:12 PM
in for 1! all i can get my dad has something against rifles

user_name
11-07-2009, 3:41 PM
(1) Any person who donates $10 or more to CGN server fund ..

so this is for another server?

Vectrexer
11-07-2009, 4:59 PM
Ticket purchase completed via GUNPAL (https://www.gunpal.net)
https://www.gunpal.net/images/logo.jpg

blano86
11-07-2009, 5:10 PM
Hope I win.

zangetsu
11-07-2009, 5:14 PM
2010, i have a while to enter :D

pointedstick
11-07-2009, 5:38 PM
Donated/entered!

jarhead995
11-07-2009, 5:47 PM
and now i see april 25 well thats a long wait..

iamprez
11-07-2009, 5:48 PM

gspam1
11-07-2009, 8:10 PM
I want to buy tickets but don't want to join GunPal. Is there a way to buy tickets through a credit card?

locosway
11-07-2009, 9:23 PM
Transaction Details (GUNPAL Transaction ID: 7ED14B4F10)

artherd
11-07-2009, 9:47 PM
so this is for another server?

Several, plus costs to run 'em. GV eats quite a bit of money each month hosting CGN at no charge.

I want to buy tickets but don't want to join GunPal. Is there a way to buy tickets through a credit card?

You can use GP with just your CC. If you really wanted to you could delete your CC afterwords I suppose. The signup process at GP is really quite painless - and no bank account required.

gspam1
11-07-2009, 11:58 PM
You can use GP with just your CC. If you really wanted to you could delete your CC afterwords I suppose. The signup process at GP is really quite painless - and no bank account required.

Credit Cards don't require I furnish my birth date too. Heck, even PayPal doesn't need my birthday. Too much information required to buy some raffle tickets.

Too bad some genius hasn't yet figured out a way to buy goods and services over the internet with just a credit card. . .

locosway
11-08-2009, 2:10 AM
It's a raffle for a gun, not a cherry pie... DOB is required, get over it.

rmanaseri
11-08-2009, 8:37 AM
ok, dumb question folks.
i cant seem to see a price listed for the raffle tickets anywhere. can anyone tell me what they are runnig.

trying to figure out how many i can squeeze by the wife. :devil2:

ChrisTKHarris
11-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Just bought a ticket. :)

jarhead995
11-08-2009, 11:50 AM
ok, dumb question folks.
i cant seem to see a price listed for the raffle tickets anywhere. can anyone tell me what they are runnig.

trying to figure out how many i can squeeze by the wife. :devil2:

$10 each

a1fabweld
11-08-2009, 2:18 PM
I'm in for 5.

chiselchst
11-08-2009, 2:46 PM
In the past, PayPal has been acceptable - can it be used for this also?

Thanks,
Mitch

johnny_22
11-08-2009, 3:33 PM
10 tickets purchased via Gunpal: "GUNPAL Transaction ID: 7ED14AE5FC"

ke6guj
11-08-2009, 4:01 PM

Thanks,
Mitchwhy would Ben want to support PayPal when he now has GunPal up and running?

artherd
11-08-2009, 11:28 PM
why would Ben want to support PayPal when he now has GunPal up and running?

I actually would if they'd let me - my fiduciary duty to calguns.net and GeoVario is separate from my duties at GUNPAL.

(things get interesting and complex when you have more than 1 pony) :)

Thanks,
Mitch

Actually, Paypal still has some of our money from the last time... Needless to say PayPal is not acceptable.

mchaley
11-09-2009, 4:23 AM
How many tickets will be sold? If you don't mind, I'll post a link for this raffle on my site.

strait
11-09-2009, 7:00 AM
Is the winner able to receive the carbine in a left-hand configuration?

xxdabroxx
11-09-2009, 7:09 AM
Since these benefit CGN, not CGF should these be in a section other than 2A, Politics, and Laws? Might get more traffic in general gun discussion.

Monoz
11-09-2009, 8:45 AM
HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. You may enter the Sweepstakes in one of three ways: (1) Any person who donates $10 or more to CGN server fund during the Sweepstakes Period will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes each time a donation over $10 is made. 1 entry for every $10 donated. As used in these Official Rules and Conditions, "donate" means the successful completion of the secure deposit process by correctly entering valid payment information. You will be entered once for every donation that you confirm. (2) Send a check payable to "Ben Cannon - CGN" to GeoVario, Attn: 6th Sweepstakes Entry, 1083 Vine St #215, Healdsburg, CA 95448 USA. (3) Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes by submitting a 3x5 card upon which is printed by hand your name, address, telephone number, email address, age and the words "6th Donate to CGN and win Sweepstakes" to: GeoVario, Attn: Sweepstakes Entry, 1083 Vine St #215, Healdsburg, CA 95448 USA. Mechanically reproduced entries are void. One entry per postcard or confirmed donation.

I was interested in making a donation by check but there are at least two problem with the rules for people entering by check.

First, "donate" is defined only as using the "secure deposit process" (which I assume means gunpal.net). That means that by definition sending a check is not considered a donation for purposes of contest entry.

Second, the entire section defining $10 per entry is specific to section (1) (the gunpal section). Nothing in section (2) states how much is required per entry for checks, merely that "a check payable" should be sent. That implies it is one entry per check (regardless of amount).

But then the whole thing closes by saying "One entry per postcard or confirmed donation." But checks don't require postcards, and checks aren't considered donations, so I don't even know if checks are considered entries.

Can someone repost the rules with these problems cleaned up?

7x57
11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
now this one i really want

hopefully my first .223/5.56

in for 1! all i can get my dad has something against rifles

Um, IIRC jarhead995 is 14 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=233627). I'm "fairly sure" Ben isn't jarhead's dad (unless Ben has anything he needs to confess :D), and I suspect neither he nor GV has a special dispensation to violate the law. I suppose the only way this could work would be if the rifle were transferred to his dad first--but if his dad "has something against rifles" how likely is this?

Jarhead, as a minor interested in guns, you really need to learn the California and Federal rules about minors and guns before you accidentally get yourself into real trouble. If you find them oppressive, feel free to join the fight, but know how to live within them in the meantime. Dad's rules, too.

7x57

7x57
11-09-2009, 11:31 AM
"Donate and win a full DD M4 Carbine OLL Rifle - Now with GUNPAL! "

So, this rifle is classed as a Destructive Device by BATFE? A DD M4 is all the more cool, but aren't there a couple of extra legal complications? :D

7x57

thefifthspeed
11-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Too bad some genius hasn't yet figured out a way to buy goods and services over the internet with just a credit card. . .

Theft and fraud would flourish in a system like that.

Gunpal looks just as secure as any other payment processing service. I'll be buying some tickets soon.

IrishPirate
11-09-2009, 3:25 PM
I was interested in making a donation by check but there are at least two problem with the rules for people entering by check.

First, "donate" is defined only as using the "secure deposit process" (which I assume means gunpal.net). That means that by definition sending a check is not considered a donation for purposes of contest entry.

Second, the entire section defining $10 per entry is specific to section (1) (the gunpal section). Nothing in section (2) states how much is required per entry for checks, merely that "a check payable" should be sent. That implies it is one entry per check (regardless of amount).

But then the whole thing closes by saying "One entry per postcard or confirmed donation." But checks don't require postcards, and checks aren't considered donations, so I don't even know if checks are considered entries.

Can someone repost the rules with these problems cleaned up?

i think it's obvious that the check needs to be $10. it says in there somewhere near the top that you get one entry per $10. a check is a secured payment because it comes with all the info on it. you're trying to find fault that isn't there. donations need to be at least $10 to enter, and it told you you could send a check so it will count as an entry, and the checks and postcards thing......those are seperate ways of entering the raffle. send a check, OR send a postcard (obviously the cheapest way to go), OR use Gunpal. dont dig too hard, it's all right there in front of you.

artherd
11-10-2009, 1:11 PM
send a check, OR send a postcard (obviously the cheapest way to go), OR use Gunpal. dont dig too hard, it's all right there in front of you.

THIS. Exactly. Thank you. Also please note the Sweepstakes is (by federal law) limited to those 18 and over. Not my decision.

BlueFireFluid
11-10-2009, 9:42 PM
Read the included rules and you will find the below in the "How to enter" section;
Though I believe the only way to include a SASE with the postcard is to send the postcard (with SASE) in another envelope.

Yeah, but once you open the outer envelope, what keeps the postcard and the SASE together?

thedonger
11-11-2009, 9:11 AM
When will this drawing take place? Did I miss that part?

ke6guj
11-11-2009, 9:54 AM
When will this drawing take place? Did I miss that part?

Per the OP,

OFFICIAL RULES AND CONDITIONS

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

Void Where Prohibited

GeoVario's "6th Donate to CGN and win Sweepstakes " ("Sweepstakes") begins at 6:00 p.m. Pacific on November 6 1, 2009 and extends through 11:59 p.m. Pacific on April 25, 2010 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes is produced and sponsored by GeoVario, 1083 Vine St #215, Healdsburg, CA 95448 USA ("GeoVario").

SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: The winners of the Prizes shall be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing shall occur within 10 days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period and will be conducted by an independent third party, but under the supervision of GeoVario, whose decisions are final and binding. The Prize winners will be notified by email. In the event that any email notification is returned as undelivered, GeoVario will attempt to re-send the notice up to 5 times. If any winner fails to respond to email notification within 3 days of its transmission, or if the email notification remains undeliverable after 5 attempts, or if postal mail notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. GeoVario is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners..

artherd
11-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah, but once you open the outer envelope, what keeps the postcard and the SASE together?

If your time is really that worthless and you don't want to help CGN - then I suppose you could use a paperclip.

ripcurlksm
11-16-2009, 4:45 PM
Schweet! In for one, and first time adding funds to Gunpal... it went very smooth. Nice work!

LLave
11-20-2009, 4:02 PM
If your time is really that worthless and you don't want to help CGN - then I suppose you could use a paperclip.

Awesome. Support CGN. I would be ashamed to send a postcard and disgusted to win such a generous donation without at least donating $10.
But hey, that is just me.

locosway
11-20-2009, 4:03 PM
I'm on unemployment and money is really tight, but I found that $10 wasn't that big of a deal after all.

dellgsg5
11-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Nice... I want it.

97F1504RAD
12-03-2009, 1:40 PM
In for one so far

Mr.CRC
12-03-2009, 8:12 PM
Ok, after reading this forum for about a year, I'm supporting the server fund with $100!

I'll be making a donation to the legal defense fund as well.

I think special thanks are in order for all who are in difficult financial circumstances and who have offered a donation to the Calguns cause.

Kid Stanislaus
12-05-2009, 2:10 PM
"For connivence sake we've made some 2,5, and 10-packs of tickets available."

Hey, lets stop with all this CONNIVING!!

97F1504RAD
12-05-2009, 2:12 PM
"For connivence sake we've made some 2,5, and 10-packs of tickets available."

Hey, lets stop with all this CONNIVING!!

And what is that suppose to mean?

artherd
12-06-2009, 11:52 AM
It means that spell check is dumb ;) Thanks for the catch.

97F1504RAD
12-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Oh I see now what all that meant. That's one of those mind things that even though the word was misspelled we read it as normal.

ILVSMOG
12-10-2009, 7:22 PM
I'm in for 5 and it finally got me to open a Gunpal account!

capo689
12-24-2009, 8:53 PM
Down for 10... thanks for a great year on CAL GUNS!!

ChrisTKHarris
12-24-2009, 8:56 PM
Can we change the deadline to sometime sooner than APRIL? I have a feeling I will be winning a new M4. :)

BC9696
12-27-2009, 2:29 PM
Am new to hunting and am talking to Ten Percent Firearms about building my 1st two ARs. Learned about this site's hard work to defend legal gun owners just recently (on the CPC message board) and I salute you guys! Need ya now more than ever!

I'm in for only 10 tickets now and more later (kinda strapped right after Christmas). Thank you for providing such a great website. Purchasing tickets was quick & easy.

tacorican
12-29-2009, 9:48 PM
Just donated my first $10. I'm feeling lucky!
Thanks

chico.cm
12-30-2009, 6:40 PM
chico.cm is in for 5.
Gunpal trans# 7ED1700860

V8toytruck
01-01-2010, 3:23 PM
In for 2..

I'd also be willing to pay a subscription fee to use this site. You guys have one of the most generous Private message storage of any site!

Thanks

DeanW66
01-02-2010, 1:27 PM
just remembered, I'm in.

philmonty
01-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Happy to support such a great cause, and keep up the hard work - we appreciate it!

Phil

cmichini
01-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I tried to use existing funds in my gunpal account to purchase a bunch of tix, but the only option was to source the cash from my linked checking acct (not do-able). If I can't use the existing gunpal funds, I won't be able to contribute. How about that for sucks?
What's up with gunpal not allowing you to use funds they're already holding? Have they usurped my cash and the only way I can use it is if I take it out? Why bother with these guys when you can probably use paypal (discreetly), which actually allows you to use the funds they're holding for you?

Bummer - CG - Good luck with the fundraiser and raffle.

97F1504RAD
01-05-2010, 1:24 PM
I tried to use existing funds in my gunpal account to purchase a bunch of tix, but the only option was to source the cash from my linked checking acct (not do-able). If I can't use the existing gunpal funds, I won't be able to contribute. How about that for sucks?
What's up with gunpal not allowing you to use funds they're already holding? Have they usurped my cash and the only way I can use it is if I take it out? Why bother with these guys when you can probably use paypal (discreetly), which actually allows you to use the funds they're holding for you?

Bummer - CG - Good luck with the fundraiser and raffle.

Have you tried contacting anyone in charge to ask this?

turbosbox
01-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Have you tried contacting anyone in charge to ask this?

Well, the gunpal guy is very active here if I'm not mistaken. So he probably figured someone here with some more personal or business interaction with Ben would drop him a note on it.
Of course that doesn't preclude you from contacting someone in charge to ask about it either does it?
Reminds me of a comment yesterday I heard "somone give her a tip". That someone could as well been the person saying it huh.

97F1504RAD
01-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Well, the gunpal guy is very active here if I'm not mistaken. So he probably figured someone here with some more personal or business interaction with Ben would drop him a note on it.
Of course that doesn't preclude you from contacting someone in charge to ask about it either does it?
Reminds me of a comment yesterday I heard "somone give her a tip". That someone could as well been the person saying it huh.

Why on earth would I contact them about his issue, I am NOT the one having the issue? Therefore my suggestion to contact someone in charge is good advise.

artherd
01-09-2010, 5:36 PM
GP will automatically use funds in your account first. Similar in operation to the 'other pal'.

If you're having trouble please contact gunpal support at support@gunpal.net or via the webpage.

FBO
01-17-2010, 12:36 AM
I Wish you would take paypal, its so much easier for people like myself that have it, eighter way i just bought two tickets, Thank you.

kyjelly70
01-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Hmmmmm, So I just bought 2 tix. Just occurred to me I did not receive a confirmation email or proof of purchase. Thoughts?

Also if someone wins who did not donate can they have the bullets before the gun? :mad:

artherd
01-18-2010, 11:15 PM
I Wish you would take paypal, its so much easier for people like myself that have it, eighter way i just bought two tickets, Thank you.

Paypal won't let us - since it's for a gun. (not kidding.)

GUNPAL works in a similar fashion, and is even easier to use.

artherd
01-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Hmmmmm, So I just bought 2 tix. Just occurred to me I did not receive a confirmation email or proof of purchase. Thoughts

Check your spam folder and GUNPAL account. If you don't see 'em in your account contact support@gunpal.net and they'll get you sorted.

HKC
01-23-2010, 12:26 AM
Trying to buy a couple of tickets and gunpal is giving me an error message saying "Invalid transaction amount" when I try to submit the payment.

Amount says "$20.00 USD"

I sent an email to their support team. Any other ideas?

HKC
01-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Trying to buy a couple of tickets and gunpal is giving me an error message saying "Invalid transaction amount" when I try to submit the payment.

Amount says "$20.00 USD"

I sent an email to their support team. Any other ideas?

Nevermind. Tried it again and it went through.

GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED11D7A30

nismobishi
01-23-2010, 9:09 PM
Just donated $10. Dont really care if i win or not, I just want to help out. Dont get me wrong though, winning this beauty would be SWEET!

jello2594
02-02-2010, 5:25 PM
Donated $50, but didn't do it through the ticket buy option. Oh well, still happy to donate. BA5F7ED12EC41C

PMMA92
02-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Just purchased tickets. I dont care who wins. I feel less guilty now. Payback is priceless. I still owe CalGuns more. BA5F7ED1358A58

Calsearcher
02-06-2010, 8:33 AM
Will I be able to make a donation and be recognizes for "tickets" at the upcoming Del Mar GunShow? (February 13-14)

Outlaw
02-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Donation in...

SJCRockChalk
02-08-2010, 9:16 PM
My first action as a new member... $20 for the new server. I wouldn't mind another DDM4 to my collection.

BMWguy206
02-09-2010, 6:48 AM
My first action as a new member... $20 for the new server. I wouldn't mind another DDM4 to my collection.

Same here. I just donated $100.00. Transaction ID: BA5F7ED133388C. Hope I win =)

How do you like your DDM4?

Scorcher
02-09-2010, 4:20 PM
Alright, i'm in for $20 Thanks CGN!

thehawkca
02-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the great Forums CGN! I'm in too.

biglou
02-18-2010, 8:34 AM
Finally broke down and entered the raffle for $20. CG has raffled off some cool stuff. Time to get in the game.

haveyourmile
02-24-2010, 8:28 PM
Just donated $20. CG has been good to me, it was the least I could do. I plan on donating more, but being a starving student leaves little to donate :)

$20 every few months is better than nothin though I guess

Roseville Ranger
02-27-2010, 9:31 AM
is it just me or are to many people reading to deep into the rules? it seems simple if you want a ticket it is $10 each. use gunpal, or send a check and that is all. lets not make it harder then it needs to be.

Sheep_With_A_Gun
02-27-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm impressed with the work CGN and its members have done on behalf of freedom-loving people in California and by extension, all of America. Here is my first $100 donation, thanks CGN!

$100.00 was sent to CGN SERVER FUND #6 on 2010-02-28. GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED1EEC0F0.

97F1504RAD
02-28-2010, 5:37 AM
I'm impressed with the work CGN and its members have done on behalf of freedom-loving people in California and by extension, all of America. Here is my first $100 donation, thanks CGN!

$100.00 was sent to CGN SERVER FUND #6 on 2010-02-28. GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED1EEC0F0.

Nice first post.

Welcome aboard and do not forget to make your tax deductible donation here as well.

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/

jarhead995
02-28-2010, 7:55 PM
ITS ALMOST APRIL

NOT REALLY

I WANNA WIN

chiselchst
02-28-2010, 11:32 PM
OK, had to make some 2010 entries too...

I need a long gun too. I don't have anything like that :D

Roseville Ranger
03-03-2010, 5:45 PM
i'm in for 2 tickets! i wouldve donated for free but throw in a chance at a gun and WOOHOO!!!!!

9unknown
03-04-2010, 4:56 PM
Thank you CalGuns for always being awesome. :rockon:

funds totaling $100.00 were sent to CGN SERVER FUND #6 on 2010-03-04. GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED1F2E92C

Flying Bones
03-05-2010, 5:58 PM
I'm in!
Thanks Calguns!

cntrolsguy
03-07-2010, 7:51 PM
I really can't afford this right now, ok I guess I can but it does hurt right now bad timing but I have to support this site considering what is has done for all Cali gun owners including myself. Thank You for everything CALGUNS!!!!!

GL to the winner!

Gunpal Transaction Id: (BA5F7ED1FBB530)

Armadillo
03-11-2010, 5:56 PM
OK, I'm in ................ (GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED18FA758)

Hope I win.

Flying Bones
03-11-2010, 9:46 PM
bought another.

beerup949
03-17-2010, 7:47 AM
I just donated $50.00

Jason_2111
03-19-2010, 8:37 AM
I'm in too. :)

Jason_2111
03-19-2010, 8:47 AM
Heck, I'll skip pizza and beer tonight, and go in for two more.... it's a good cause.

Gunpal trans #'s BA5F7ED19B0C48 and BA5F7ED19BF17C.

DVLDOC
03-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Tag

MichaelKent
03-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Just donated $50.00 to the Calguns cause.

SERVER FUND #6 on 2010-03-19. GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED19B361C.

artherd
03-19-2010, 8:35 PM
Every time someone posts in here - I get the urge to sue. Keep it coming everyone! We are fighting directly for your rights.

2Bear
03-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Don't mean to be a nudge, but with over 21,000 views I'm curious how many entries you have in such a long running raffle?

I can understand if you don't want to reveal that info now, but I believe in this type of lottery California law requires you to reveal the odds of winning if requested upon close of entries and awarding the prize, no?

Also, how do you draw from what is no doubt a large number of electronic entries and some physical mail as well? (Not suspicious, just curious.)

ChrisTKHarris
03-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Don't mean to be a nudge, but with over 21,000 views I'm curious how many entries you have in such a long running raffle?

I can understand if you don't want to reveal that info now, but I believe in this type of lottery California law requires you to reveal the odds of winning if requested upon close of entries and awarding the prize, no?

Also, how do you draw from what is no doubt a large number of electronic entries and some physical mail as well? (Not suspicious, just curious.)

Calm yourself. It's more of a charity donation than a raffle. :) Just be glad that so many great folks have given to CGF.

2Bear
03-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Calm yourself. It's more of a charity donation than a raffle. :) Just be glad that so many great folks have given to CGF.

I'm quite calm. Just curious. I've "donated" to a prior raffle here, I'm just curious as to the relative odds at play.

For an unemployed fella' such as myself, the odds might make the difference of buying a single tkt or insane multiples. :)

I did preface my inquiry apologetically and queried politely I thought...

ChrisTKHarris
03-21-2010, 12:49 AM
I'm quite calm. Just curious. I've "donated" to a prior raffle here, I'm just curious as to the relative odds at play.

For an unemployed fella' such as myself, the odds might make the difference of buying a single tkt or insane multiples. :)

I did preface my inquiry apologetically and queried politely I thought...

Your odds are one in one hundred billion...or maybe a trillion.

Obama fails to distinguish the ordinal differences between a billion and a trillion. They're the same to me since I'm one of the "uninformed" constituents so a ROUNDING ERROR is pretty minor. :P

jarhead995
03-23-2010, 5:39 PM
So close!! I hope I win don't have a black rifle yet :O

Deadpool
03-23-2010, 9:22 PM
Just sent $20.00. Keep up the good work!

boink
03-28-2010, 9:52 AM
Just donated! I'd be happy to win, but I'm happy enough just having the site.

2600fromAtari
03-28-2010, 1:25 PM

2Bear, I don't think he can give you the odds as it's always changing unlike the California Super Lotto.

If only you or another person entered, you have a 50% chance of winning. If you and two other people enter, you have a 33% chance of winning. Keep adding the number of people and the fact that you or someone else may buy more than one ticket, and it would impossible to give you your odds of winning as the odds are constantly shifting.

proxiedjohnny
03-28-2010, 7:00 PM

i think these raffles are paying for the server hosting this website and are not donations to CGF. if you want to donate to CGF there's a different account to send money to.

rino
04-02-2010, 7:09 PM
donation sent via gunpal

artherd
04-02-2010, 7:10 PM
i think these raffles are paying for the server hosting this website and are not donations to CGF. if you want to donate to CGF there's a different account to send money to.

Correct. From the first post:

"This is not a tax deductible charitable donation and is not being conducted by The Calguns Foundation, or by any other nonprofit."

speeedracerr
04-03-2010, 12:03 AM
donation sent via gunpal :)

Sheep_With_A_Gun
04-03-2010, 3:33 AM
Nice first post.

Welcome aboard and do not forget to make your tax deductible donation here as well.

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/

Good idea, I just donated $100 there as well. There's a lot of litigation to be done now that the Supreme Court has affirmed that the 2nd Amendment is indeed an individual right.

And this time I used GunPal.

artherd
04-04-2010, 9:06 PM

Everything goes into a small excel file, then the line numbers of file are is linked to a series of old-skool tickets that look like this: http://thetrotblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/raffle-tickets-7986881.jpg

Then we do a drawing out of a hat or box in a public place. Here's the last one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST-qy4pCtvQ

I have no idea how many entries there are until we close the thing - as obviously we get a lot towards the end. I'd guess it in the low one thousands, last time was under one thousand. Happy to disclose after the entry time closes.

careerhigh
04-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Just donated, happy to support and hope to win a sweet gun as well ;)

scout II
04-07-2010, 4:28 PM
I am in for a little of this.:)

GutPunch
04-08-2010, 7:11 AM
Donated! Transaction ID: BA5F7ED0575B40

Keep up the good work around here.

peterabbits
04-08-2010, 7:17 PM
boy did i join at the right time! i'm in for 5. transaction ID: BA5F7ED0511FE4.

thanks for all the hard work!

AndrewMendez
04-08-2010, 7:24 PM
boy did i join at the right time! i'm in for 5. transaction ID: BA5F7ED0511FE4.

thanks for all the hard work!

AWESOME!

Tadjman
04-10-2010, 8:12 AM
'K ... I'm in for a ticket.... ten bucks, not bad for a nice little rifle, ay?

norcalgunguy
04-11-2010, 10:05 PM
This is my first post and I've donated to CGN.

97F1504RAD
04-12-2010, 6:46 AM
Thanks and Welcome aboard

Don't forget to donate to CGF. See my sig line

mcsoupman
04-12-2010, 9:14 AM
I am in for 2 tickets
Transaction ID: BA5F7ED0592804

Chopper
04-13-2010, 4:46 AM
In for two. Thanks for all you do to support CGN

Gry101
04-13-2010, 3:26 PM
In for 5 TIX.

Havoc70
04-14-2010, 9:05 AM
Second post, in for 10 tickets. This is a great site and I commit to $20 a month at least going forward. GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED067B158

I'll do the same for CGF, 97F1504RAD :).

maddoggie13
04-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm in...BA5F7ED0673D24

lickitysplit
04-15-2010, 7:19 PM
Thanks CGN. Donation inbound.

9unknown
04-16-2010, 10:54 AM
I've kinda been buying tickets randomly over the past 2 months and have a couple different transaction ID #'s, is that ok? Mainly wondering because I havn't linked a checking account to my gunpal account yet.

bladerunner67
04-16-2010, 3:34 PM
Purchased 10 tickets, Trans ID: BA5F7ED06D5130. Hope I win, I can always use another black rifle.:43:
Dan in Kalifornia

bh6300
04-17-2010, 4:49 AM
Thanks CGN, Donation inbound.
Sorry couldn't contribute more as budgets are tight right now. :(

Raffle is just icing on the cake. Thanks
Transaction ID: BA5F7ED06C6FA4

Bill Jackson
04-17-2010, 7:17 AM
I popped for 5. Can't beat the cause.
GunPal rocks, too.
Transaction ID: BA5F7ED06F8C8C

DRM6000
04-17-2010, 7:43 AM
i'm in for a couple

Transaction ID: BA5F7ED06FA654

1Fastrider
04-17-2010, 9:07 AM
got another ticket: Transaction Details (GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED06FC070)

RP1911
04-17-2010, 9:11 AM
Here's mine. Better late then never. Popped for 5 tickets.

Transaction ID: BA5F7ED06FDF24.

ricochet
04-17-2010, 9:40 AM
Appreciate it if you guys keep buying tickets to support the cause but I just snagged 10 winning tickets (only 1 will be the winner; the other 9 are because I'm a nice guy :-) ...

Transaction Details (GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED06FD774)
Payment Sent To:
CGN SERVER FUND #6 (cgn6@geovario.com)

thrillhouse700
04-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Could only afford one ticket, in it for the fight for our rights. A free gun would be a plus :)

Transaction Details (GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED06FE130)

CpuFixrMan
04-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Well, since the house purchase is still pending, I'm limiting spending right now. Sure would be nice to have and AR though. ;-) In for 5 (GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED06F5220). Thanks for the support that you give to CGF/CGN by allowing the use of your network/hardware/facilities/time.

Beatone
04-17-2010, 1:53 PM
Ok I finally donated. :43:

Suburb Survivor
04-17-2010, 5:08 PM
In for one.

AlliedArmory
04-18-2010, 12:05 AM
trying to buy some tickets, but getting this error

Error 404: File Not Found
The requested page is not found. This may happen due to the following reasons:

Page or file is outdated, renamed, moved, or does not exist.
You typed the address incorrectly, like http://www.example.com/pgae.html instead of http://www.example.com/page.html
Please contact your webmaster if you are not sure what goes wrong.

Iowegian
04-18-2010, 9:14 AM
2 for me!

onikage
04-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Donation sent :)

GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED075313C

ChrisToad
04-19-2010, 2:06 PM
$20 for me also. I appreciate what these guys are doing... plus the AR would be pretty sweet too. :-)

BA5F7ED0757FF4

Tyler
04-19-2010, 5:59 PM
One for me too!

BA5F7ED0742F44

1BigPea
04-20-2010, 11:05 AM
In for 5.

transaction ID: BA5F7ED0761DAC

bender152
04-20-2010, 3:08 PM
BA5F7ED071FFCC

Neil McCauley
04-20-2010, 3:22 PM
Got mein ticket

Bosu
04-20-2010, 4:52 PM
I'm in..

mr7clean
04-20-2010, 5:48 PM
I have my ticket bought in support of Calguns. Excellent Forum. It would be nice to win that beautiful rifle.

Alecks
04-20-2010, 6:22 PM
Finally bought a ticket! good luck to all!

Window_Seat
04-20-2010, 7:45 PM
OK, where do I pick it up?:p

Erik.

JPShinn
04-21-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm in . . .

Good luck, all.

blackberg
04-21-2010, 3:07 PM
Got mein ticket

same heir
-bb

KnightRanger
04-21-2010, 10:17 PM
:party::happybday::party:
Thank you Ben for my wonderful birthday present.
I am going to buy a brand new safe this weekend so I will have proper storage for such a special gift.
That was very convienient how you knew exactly what I wanted for my B.D. this year
I am convieniently located within driveing distance and am willing to sign a model release for the photographer so pictures may be posted and utilized for advertiseing purposes of CGN.
Please let me know how you would like me to dress for the presentation ceramony so we could like color coordinate and the pictures will look way cooler.
:happybday:Thanks again.:happybday:

KnightRanger
04-21-2010, 10:20 PM
p.s
Sorry, I forgot to mention the check goes in the mail tomorrow so my entries will shake, stir and mix to the correct winning location.

out

forfakes
04-22-2010, 6:18 AM
Thanks for existing CGN!
In for 2 tickets.
GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED07CB9EC

Lazy eye
04-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Bought my two! feels good to donate. transaction ID: BA5F7ED07C31B8

five.five-six
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
did I win?

1 SIG fan
04-22-2010, 12:11 PM
bought 2. how do you link winner to CGN? Doesn't ask for screen name? I assume by email?

Nick1236
04-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Donated just now. Hope I get lucky :)

GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED07FD4E4

Baconator
04-22-2010, 3:15 PM
Bought my 2 via gunpal. Maybe I'll win this one. My birthday is tomorrow after all.

Is it necessary to post that the transaction ID was: BA5F7ED07F38D4?

J20DB
04-22-2010, 5:40 PM
Well.... can't win if you don't try! GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED07E8EE0

Twiggz
04-22-2010, 9:41 PM
Not exactly the best place for my first post... but I bought 2 via gunpal: BA5F7ED07EB0C4

GutPunch
04-23-2010, 6:28 AM
Any idea on the odds now that we are really close?

Sillyguy
04-23-2010, 7:12 AM
transaction BA5F7ED079AD9C

woot!

jcruzer619
04-23-2010, 7:15 AM
Ok...I'm in!
Transaction ID: BA5F7ED079A984

LLave
04-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Im in for two!

Rudolf the Red
04-23-2010, 1:58 PM
Transaction Details (GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED078C5C8)

Payment To
CGN SERVER FUND #6 (cgn6@geovario.com) Status:
Transaction has been successfully Completed

$20 just in time to win the rifle!

holiday
04-23-2010, 3:05 PM
holiday is in!

transaction ID: BA5F7ED078AE68

BlackReef
04-23-2010, 4:25 PM
**crossing my fingers** lol

Transaction ID: BA5F7ED07824E8

JimAmentler
04-24-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm in for 10! Transaction ID: BA5F7ED07BA154

freonr22
04-24-2010, 11:17 AM
As CGN grows to 40k users, cementing itself as California's Premier Firearms Forum, our needs grow as well. Last sweepstakes was a great success: This time we're giving away a Daniel Defense M4 Carbine OLL rifle!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Ben Cannon will retain ownership of the server equipment for liability reasons. Ben Cannon through his company GeoVario currently donates all hosting for calguns.net, in exchange for in-kind advertising. GV is not a Derek, and we don't own calguns.net or thehighroad.us or .org. This is being conducted by Ben Cannon, with the permission but no other involvement of the owners of calguns.net and thehighroad.us

HEHEEHE thats awesome!

hoffman259
04-24-2010, 2:11 PM
I'm in!

GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED0501DD0

artherd
04-24-2010, 2:27 PM
HEHEEHE thats awesome!

Oh you saw what I did there? ;)

Edge
04-24-2010, 2:28 PM
Donation in, ready to win.

Transaction id# BA5F7ED07AB0BC

TKM
04-24-2010, 3:00 PM
Me and Ben Franklin are in.

BA5F7ED07ADEB4.

REDHORSE
04-24-2010, 3:08 PM
GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED07AD9E4

Flopper
04-24-2010, 4:16 PM
Great promotion, thanks guys!

GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED07AE0E4

1SGMAT
04-24-2010, 5:01 PM
I'm in.

RAAK_FJ
04-24-2010, 6:32 PM
Just made it in. 2 Transactions

GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED07A1728

&

GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED07A1408

MikeR
04-24-2010, 6:38 PM
Im in, just in the nick of time! :D

L4D
04-24-2010, 7:31 PM
in it to win it.

gamma105
04-24-2010, 8:54 PM
in for 2 tickets! GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED07A4EEC

Keith
04-24-2010, 10:38 PM
In for 5 on 3/5/10
Not sure if I actually need to post the transaciton ID:
GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED1FCD5E4

Mike_Scurvy
04-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey First Post :cool:

Transaction ID: BA5F7ED07A590C.

santacruzstefan
04-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Ive got a few tickets in... but I'm curious as to when the drawing will take place... the rules say within 10 days after the end of contest?

AndrewMendez
04-25-2010, 3:43 AM
Times are tough, but i can always do at least 1
Transaction Details (GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED07A7BD0)

sindominator
04-25-2010, 8:16 AM
I am in

GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED005DEC8

CALI-gula
04-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Bought 2 tickets ($20.00) but quantity shows as "1" ? (I clicked on the "2 Tickets" radio button in the first post.)

freonr22
04-25-2010, 10:49 AM
whoo hooo! 49,220 users!!!

raymartrading
04-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm also in for one. GUNPAL Transaction ID: BA5F7ED00534EC
Here's what I will do in the event I win :willy_nilly: or don't win :banghead:

Hoologan
04-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Whew! Barely made it! In for 5! GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED00552E0 Thanks!

ArkinDomino
04-25-2010, 4:49 PM
Looks like I'm in...
Transaction ID: BA5F7ED004E064

Lone_Gunman
04-25-2010, 8:41 PM
Nuthin like waiting till the last minute... GUNPAL transaction ID: BA5F7ED0078E7C

:chris:

ChrisTKHarris
04-25-2010, 8:45 PM
When should I be expecting my new rifle? :)

Res
04-25-2010, 9:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/ResDogDM/Forum%20Images/karnak-1.jpg

Iowegian
04-25-2010, 9:19 PM
I just picked up two more for a grand total of six.
Transaction ID: BA5F7ED00782B4.

Keep up the good work guys!:patriot:

battleship
04-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Last minute decided to go the gunpal route hopefully it went through for 2 tickets. BA5F7ED007A6E8
The last thing i ever won was a $50 scratch off bought with my last $1 back in 1997. Well that and a bucket full of quaters in vegas but i lost it all.
Good luck to all.

Blackhawk556
04-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Great I blew it. I was putting this off and I lost a chance to win this. Oh well may be next I'll buy earlier 

any idea when the next one will be?

Res
04-26-2010, 12:20 AM
probably right after this one and the drawing will be held mid January. :p

artherd
04-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Entry is now closed! Thanks to everyone who contributed - the entries will be collated and a winner drawn shortly (it's going to take a bit as these things need to be witnessed so I have to align everyone's schedules.)

Best!
-Ben.

Gblast
04-26-2010, 6:59 AM
When will the winner be announced?

97F1504RAD
04-26-2010, 1:02 PM
When will the winner be announced?

Read the post above yours

ripcurlksm
04-26-2010, 2:04 PM
Good luck everyone

Jason_2111
04-26-2010, 5:13 PM
*crossing fingers* *crossing fingers* *crossing fingers*

Havoc70
04-26-2010, 6:33 PM
*crossing fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes* :)

AndrewMendez
04-29-2010, 12:18 AM
If I win I am donating the rifle.....

to my GF so she can stop blowing thru ammo on mine like its free!

usctrojan
04-29-2010, 7:13 AM
If I win I am donating the rifle.....

to my GF so she can stop blowing thru ammo on mine like its free!

Nothing changes when you *upgrade* to a wife. :rolleyes:

1 SIG fan
04-29-2010, 8:51 AM

I wouldn't say nothing changes...:no: I joke I joke.

usctrojan
04-29-2010, 9:49 AM
I wouldn't say nothing changes...:no: I joke I joke.

:hide:

Cali-V
04-29-2010, 8:54 PM

Everything changes...

Guys/Gals GL

battleship
05-01-2010, 10:19 PM
when will we know who won?

Dubels
05-02-2010, 2:10 PM
Do we have to post our Transaction ID? or when were we automatically entered when we donated through gunpal. Anyways here is my transaction id if only just for luck: BA5F7ED1E8D454

usctrojan
05-02-2010, 3:22 PM
Do we have to post our Transaction ID? or when were we automatically entered when we donated through gunpal. Anyways here is my transaction id if only just for luck: BA5F7ED1E8D454

I didn't read where it said it mattered:

But I think posting the number is a good idea to encourage others to donate! (doggie see doggie do)

BA5F7ED1BF53B4

mcsoupman
05-10-2010, 10:30 AM
I would like to thank all my supporters and family. To those guys that have shared ammo with me during tough times . . . oh what . . . what are you saying? They didn't give it to me yet? Man, I guess I will have to pull my speech out again later.

GutPunch
05-12-2010, 6:53 AM
Bump? Any news on the winner?

1 SIG fan
05-12-2010, 1:33 PM
Everything changes...

Guys/Gals GL

Now we're only missing 2cute to come in here and lecture us about what women want and how were all :devil2: :piggy: for not bla bla bla.....

Purple K
05-16-2010, 2:52 PM
Lol...... Two weeks

2Cute2Shoot
05-16-2010, 7:05 PM
Now we're only missing 2cute to come in here and lecture us about what women want and how were all :devil2: :piggy: for not bla bla bla.....

You don't really think of me that way...do you? :(

ChrisTKHarris
05-16-2010, 7:06 PM

lol

2Cute2Shoot
05-16-2010, 7:43 PM

lol

It's not funny Chris! :mad:

And to think you were almost my husband. :rofl:

ChrisTKHarris
05-16-2010, 9:40 PM
It's not funny Chris! :mad:

And to think you were almost my husband. :rofl:

Damn I just threw it all out the window. :(

1 SIG fan
05-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Bump? Any news on the winner?

?????????????????????????????:confused:

AndrewMendez
05-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Everybody stop asking!! I won already, but they wanted it to be discreet! They didn't want the rumor of the best looking Calgunner just so happened to also win the raffle, going around!

ChrisTKHarris
05-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Everybody stop asking!! I won already, but they wanted it to be discreet! They didn't want the rumor of the best looking Calgunner just so happened to also win the raffle, going around!

Doubt it :p

Window_Seat
05-18-2010, 7:06 PM

I asked you to advise me on what to say about my win by private message, not publicly...:p

Erik.

Jason_2111
05-20-2010, 12:56 PM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f4zyjLyBp64&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f4zyjLyBp64&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Maestro Pistolero
05-20-2010, 1:22 PM
Am I the only one a little annoyed that a winner hasn't been announced? Or did I miss it?

ke6guj
05-20-2010, 2:07 PM
Am I the only one a little annoyed that a winner hasn't been announced?you aren't the only one. AFAIK, there have been 3 sweepstakes/raffles, and all three have had issues regarding the drawing. Puts a sour taste in some peoples mind about future donations.

usctrojan
05-20-2010, 2:08 PM
you aren't the only one. AFAIK, there have been 3 sweepstakes/raffles, and all three have had issues regarding the drawing. Puts a sour taste in some peoples mind about future donations.

What were the issues?

CpuFixrMan
05-20-2010, 2:40 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if there is an issue with the rifle, and therefore they can't award something. If that were the case, since I believe there is already an option to take the cash in lieu of a prize, just award the cash and let the winner spend it how they want. If that happens to be a CG sponsor, great. I wouldn't blame them if they chose to take the money and run though. What ever the problem is, the rules clearly stated the time line for a winner selection, and amount of time to notify said winner. Some form of official announcement should have already been made.

Bobula
05-20-2010, 2:45 PM
You guys need to be a bit more patient.

I have complete faith that the only thing taking so long is the gathering of people to do the actual drawing with witnesses.

Jason_2111
05-20-2010, 2:49 PM
I guess the confusion is stemming from the video of the previous drawing results. It appeared to be 3 guys sitting in a restaurant with a ziplock back full of tickets.... not a gigantic feat of logistics.
Of course, there could be much more to it than that... but that's the public portion.

Then again, Ben could just be really busy, which is entirely a legit delay. A status update would be nice though.

ricochet
05-20-2010, 3:47 PM
I did a 1K contribution in the end of the year contribution drive. There was a teaser that there may be something in it for the biggest donor (carrot). Then no word. Like this drawing and the one before it.

97F1504RAD
05-20-2010, 4:41 PM
Guys they are busy men who have other jobs and life to contend with and it takes time unfortunately to get the three or more of them together at the same time for the drawing. It's not like the drawings never happen. It will get done have some patience.

ke6guj
05-20-2010, 4:49 PM
Guys they are busy men who have other jobs and life to contend with and it takes time unfortunately to get the three or more of them together at the same time for the drawing. It's not like the drawings never happen. It will get done have some patience.
if that is the case, then why even put in the official rules that the drawing will take place in 10-days if it won't? Say, "we'll do the drawing whenever we get around to it". The last 2 sweepstakes have been excessively late in the drawing.

ricochet
05-20-2010, 5:37 PM
That's reasonable and understandable (life get's on the way). My issue, and the issue of some, was not the amount of time it takes but not hearing of the outcome ...

Purple K
05-20-2010, 6:20 PM

BS... When you set the closing date for the contest, you set the date for the drawing. Simple as that! The sooner that date is set, the less likelyhood there is of a conflict. Credability and trust are hard to get but easy to piss away.

97F1504RAD
05-20-2010, 7:05 PM
Curious if you guys complain about other contest you enter when you never hear about the outcome. Seems to me it is just easier to complain here. Not only that but I think this contest ran for close to 6 months can you pick a day in six months and arrange it with 3 others to all be in one place for the drawing? I know I cannot plan something that far out as things come up and there is simply no way to plan that far out for something like the drawing.

It will be announced just like all the past one shave and if I recall correctly they will announce it in this thread.

Maybe if you are really concerned you should PM the one in charge and ask him.

artherd
05-20-2010, 7:48 PM
Then again, Ben could just be really busy, which is entirely a legit delay. A status update would be nice though.

Sorry guys we're late on this. I've been on the phone with various regulatory agencies all day, and just haven't had time to come up for air. The people involved live a good bit from each other so this is about a half-day affair to do it right and proper (ie witnessed and recorded) and we've got quite a few miles of ground to cover. Will try to get to it by next week possibly this weekend.

artherd
05-20-2010, 7:57 PM
I did a 1K contribution in the end of the year contribution drive. There was a teaser that there may be something in it for the biggest donor (carrot). Then no word. Like this drawing and the one before it.

Thank you for your contribution! We didn't plan anything like that but it is an interesting idea. If the attys bless it we might (MIGHT) do something like that in the future.

Last time it took over a day just to collate everything to prep for the drawing, plus travel.

-Ben.

chiselchst
05-20-2010, 9:36 PM
Thank you for your contribution! We didn't plan anything like that but it is an interesting idea. If the attys bless it we might (MIGHT) do something like that in the future.

Last time it took over a day just to collate everything to prep for the drawing, plus travel.

-Ben.

Ben & CG's,

IMHO, I understand completely. I really have a hard time with people complaining about timing, when the folks at CG's are doing, and have done SO much for us CA gun owners.

If CG's was a "for profit" org, and had dedicated full time employees, I might complain too. But I know that's NOT the case...

Does anyone not believe they are doing the best job they can? If so, why did you even enter?

wildhawker
05-21-2010, 12:22 AM

First, on behalf of CGF thank you for the generous donations.

The single largest contributor requested that we keep their info anonymous; at their request, this hasn't been and will not be made public. If you'd like to know the number ranking of your contribution, PM me and I'll send you my phone number. However, it's important to recognize the real team effort that made our CGF fundraiser so successful, and we hope you'll make CGF an ongoing part of your charitable giving.

Sorry for any confusion, and I'm sure you'd agree that it's important we respect your privacy requests.

Please note that this and past rifle sweepstakes are not associated with CGF in any way.

artherd
05-21-2010, 2:04 AM
^ Please note that, as clearly stated in the OP, the rifle sweepstakes (conducted by GeoVario as a fun way to defray some hosting costs of CGN, to whom we donate hosting expenses) have nothing to do with CGF, a totally separate 501(c)3 nonprofit.

AndrewMendez
05-21-2010, 3:09 PM
I think some of us are forgetting that the people responsible for accurately counting the number of entries, then performing the drawing all have lives and other responsibilities...not to mention, they are doing this on their dime. They are not all neighbors, or a bunch of college kids that have nothing better to do. They have to drive somewhere and dedicate an entire day to it. Calguns is STATEWIDE. With that being said...thank you everyone who is in charge of the drawing, and giving up your free time to help.

ChrisTKHarris
05-21-2010, 3:28 PM
I'm not try to start anything, but I feel like the selection should have been taken care of in a more timely fashion.

I know that it's difficult to coordinate with varying schedules all of the people that need to be present, but shouldn't this have been scheduled a long time ago seeing that the sweepstakes was started on November 11, 2009? I feel that there was adequate time to coordinate and schedule a selection time seeing that there was a concrete day and time set at which the contest would come to a close.

The selection was supposed to happen within 10 days of the deadline as outlined in the huge legal disclaimer and details, well it didn't. It's just kind of disheartening when you have a sweepstakes that was running for 5 months collecting who knows how many thousands of dollars in entries and yet no winner has been produced.

That's just my two cents.

Don't get me wrong, I love CGN and the information and knowledge on here is top notch. I'm more than happy to donate.

(Watch I jinxed myself and now I won't win the rifle. lol)