PDA

View Full Version : Preban high capacity mag rebuilds

imported_FW10ring
05-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know what CA law says about doing maintenance in the form of rebuild kits for high capacity magazines puchased before the ban? In other words, can we legally purchase and use a rebuild kit that is designed for high capacity magazines in CA?

imported_FW10ring
05-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know what CA law says about doing maintenance in the form of rebuild kits for high capacity magazines puchased before the ban? In other words, can we legally purchase and use a rebuild kit that is designed for high capacity magazines in CA?

endings1@aol.com
05-09-2005, 2:03 PM
Stupid unenforceable law, if you follow it, you'll probably end up dead.

That said, from what I've read you should be able to purchase replacement parts for your standard capacity magazines possessed before the occupation. Check first with our DOJ masters of course.

imported_FW10ring
05-09-2005, 2:30 PM
Thanks for the response. So if I understand your reply, I cannot purchase rebuild kits for high capacity magazines purchased before the ban, is that correct?

endings1@aol.com
05-09-2005, 3:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FW10ring:
Thanks for the response. So if I understand your reply, I cannot purchase rebuild kits for high capacity magazines purchased before the ban, is that correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not what I said, in theory, the way the law is written, you ARE allowed to rebuild your magazines that hold over 10 rounds possesed before the ban. I'm not a official authority, check with CA DOJ for the final answer.

Sorry, I don't use the term, "High-Capacity Magazine"....that's gun grabber speak. Like referring to a military-style semi-auto firearm as an, "Assualt Weapon", or low quality inexspensive(the 2nd applies to all tax brackets) handguns as, "Saturday Night Specials". No offense to anyone that uses incorrect terms, but 5 out of 5 tyrants agree: propoganda only works on the weak minded. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-hanko
05-09-2005, 5:14 PM
You can legally buy the normal-cap bodies & springs & baseplates & followers. The legal assumption that allows spares sales is that you'll be using them to rebuild an EXISTING mag, not create an additional one. The outcome, as Stanze pointed out, is unenforcable.

-hanko

icormba
05-12-2005, 5:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stanze:
or low quality inexspensive(the 2nd applies to all tax brackets) handguns as, "Saturday Night Specials". No offense to anyone that uses incorrect terms, but 5 out of 5 tyrants agree: propoganda only works on the weak minded. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey! I have some eastern european handguns that are by no means low quality, they are cheap(inexpensive) though! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

CraigC
05-13-2005, 2:12 AM
Technically, the rebuilt mag MUST include at least one part from the previous mag.

imported_FW10ring
05-13-2005, 2:10 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. I assume that the original mag body would suffice!

Thanks again.