PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me about the National Republic Senatorial Commitee

bballwizard05
11-06-2009, 2:55 PM
I got a letter for the NRSC, the chairman is senator john cornyn and he apparently started this committee to raise funds and help elect republicans into the senate in 2010. It was not printed at government expense, I am tempted to give a little and show my support but I wanted to see if anyone else got this and what you think about it. Also there is a website that I have not checked out yet it is www.nrsc.org/gunowners so give me your input.

bwiese
11-06-2009, 3:01 PM
Our battle is in California.

While vigilance required, we own US Senate/Congress.

I fear giving money thru the channel you pointed out will not give it much weight, just goes in a big pool.
They probably have a web donation page for teddy bear owners and cigar smokers too.

Have you thought about NRA, NRA-ILA, CRPA, CGF?

bballwizard05
11-06-2009, 3:12 PM
very valid point, glad I asked questions. (although with them you get a cool collectible knife pen!!!) LOL NRA is a little steep for me at this time, however I have been planning on giving a lil to my good ol calguns. thanks for the help!

Doug L
11-06-2009, 4:21 PM
...I wanted to see if anyone else got this and what you think about it...

When I get their solicitations, I return them without money and add my own note on the form.

I tell them 'not one dime,' until they tell me what their plan is.

jdberger
11-06-2009, 4:34 PM
NRSC and the committe for the House are simply Rep Party slush funds for candidates in the respective houses of Congress.

The Dems have similar organizations (IIRC - Rahm Emmanuel was the chair of the DCCC in 2004ish).

Sometimes I kick the Rs a little cash. I've been a bit irritated with them lately, though so I'll hold onto my money and push it toward 2A issues.

I always try to give at least $100 a month to AHSA and GOA. They really get things done.

j/k

(I just know that Bill's gonna snap me with his unitard for that last one...)