PDA

View Full Version : need some suggestion

akoba
11-06-2009, 9:05 AM
I have only 1 handgun. Its an XD and i want to buy a new glock But i dont have enough money yet. And at the same time i want to buy a laser (CT or lasermax) or a new hexsite.

Which one do you guys prefer to buy first , new GLOCK , LASER sight or the HEXSITE ?

Glock = $500 to $600

Laser = $250 to $300

Hexsite = $130 (but need to send the gun to the store)

Im not in a hurry on buying a new gun. As i said, i just want it not i needed :D

thank you

Unit74
11-06-2009, 9:31 AM
Well.... What are your intentions?

If you want to collect, the new Glock is a no brainer. If you want to make that Xd a good defense gun, get the sight and the laser.

trickyvic
11-06-2009, 9:32 AM
My vote is for the Glock or buy ammo to practice with your XD. Personally, I don't see a need for a laser or hexsites. I had to look up hexsites because I didn't know what they were.

Purple K
11-06-2009, 9:49 AM
You may want to reconsider the Glock if the XD fits you naturally and comfortably. The grip vs slide angle is different on these two pistols. Go rent/borrow the Glock and shoot it before you buy it.

xxdabroxx
11-06-2009, 10:51 AM
pass on the laser, buy the sight or the glock.

nick007g
11-06-2009, 11:03 AM
:rolleyes: Glock, just do it! No brainier.

Untamed1972
11-06-2009, 11:16 AM
If you only have one gun and hafta send it in to get the hexsites installed, that means you're unarmed while your gun is getting the sight upgrade.

akoba
11-06-2009, 11:41 AM
You may want to reconsider the Glock if the XD fits you naturally and comfortably. The grip vs slide angle is different on these two pistols. Go rent/borrow the Glock and shoot it before you buy it.

thnx for the tips. i made a quik trip to gun store and notice the way i aim it . When i use the xd my aim is already on the target, but when i use the glock i have to adjust it because of the handle's angle.

thnx untamed. you're right i will be unarmed if i will send the gun.

So i think, ill just wait and save some more money before buying the hexsite or laser . Anyway few months more there will be tax return. lolz

Nynvolt
11-06-2009, 2:26 PM
IMHO expensive aftermarket sights and lasers are for fun of modifying and are a waste if your only intent is range time and home defense. I know that for competition it may be useful but for home defense and shooting paper targets they are just for fun. Also why do "gun" lasers cost $200+ when I can get one of equal intensity to play with my cat for $2.00?

That said I would rather spend money on a new gun than on sights for what I do with my guns, uses them for plinking, target shooting and home defense.

Rekrab
11-06-2009, 6:54 PM
For a new shooter a laser isn't going to do you much good until you get good at actually shooting your gun. You don't say how much experience you have, but it sounds like you're new to shooting.

Lasers are neat, but I'd never use one in a home defense situation, they just announce your presence.

ldivinag
11-06-2009, 7:43 PM
a wise man once told me

"beware of a man with one gun... for he knows how to use it very well"...

akoba
11-07-2009, 8:11 AM
yeah ill use just only for HD . Its expensive yeah, but you know already that you are pointing the gun on your target. So its a big advantage.

Greg-Dawg
11-07-2009, 8:12 AM
Sell the XD and get both.