PDA

View Full Version : What do you do at a gun show?

Too Slow
11-06-2009, 8:43 AM
Since you can't carry at a gun show, what do you do with your weapon?

Purple K
11-06-2009, 8:59 AM
Leave it at home. Lock it in your vehicle....

Dr Pete
11-06-2009, 9:04 AM
Why do you ask?
If you need to bring a gun (not weapon) into a show they will inspect and lock it with plastic tie wraps so easy to see that action is open and unloaded.

Then you can either sell it or show to vendors to purchase correct parts for your item.

I usually will bring what I need either replacement parts or "extras" for so I make sure I buy the right part that fits.

Hope this answers your question.

chefdude
11-13-2009, 10:43 PM
I eat lots of beef jerkey at the CA gun shows

tlillard23
11-13-2009, 11:40 PM
are you ****ing serious? what the hell kind of question is that?

bballwizard05
11-13-2009, 11:42 PM
are you ****ing serious? what the hell kind of question is that?

Is this really the way to encourage new people to ask questions??

EBR Works
11-14-2009, 7:18 PM
I had to go to the Sheriff's office last week and carry there is prohibited, so I parked in a remote spot in the lot, unloaded and locked it up. I plan on buying one of these soon for this type of situation:

http://www.center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm

Corbin Dallas
11-14-2009, 8:58 PM
Since you can't carry at a gun show, what do you do with your weapon?

Says who? The property owner? If you have a CCW, who knows?

Unless there are posted signs "NO Concealed Firearms" there is no reason for you to mention you have it.

On a side note, I recently attended a show (out of our state) where this exact thing happened.

As I approached the door, there was a big sign stating "no loaded weapons, CCW or otherwise allowed". So I got to the bench, told the guy I had a CCW and would comply with the sign.

Well the guy literally FLIPPED out at me asking me why I brought a loaded weapon to a gun show. I asked him if he was serious. He then proceeded to ream me new one about all the signs ALL OVER the facility that state NO loaded weapons. I told him this was the first sign I saw and instead of blowing it off, I would comply. Meanwhile the local sheriff heard the conversation and started moving my direction. I asked the guy if he had a clearing box I could use to download my weapon for inspection (of course, there is no such thing at a gun show...)

So, long story short, I cleared my weapon in a safe manner with the LEO watching, got my "zip tie" downloaded my mags and baggied my rounds (at their request).

When I left, I made it a point to check all enterances to the place and guess what, NO SIGNS at all. Not even a general "No weapons" sign at any of the gates.

Dumb question to ask?

The only DUMB questions are the ones you don't ask and assume you know.

halifax
11-15-2009, 9:04 AM
No need to be posted if it is already against the law:

12071.4. Gun Show Enforcement and Security Act of 2000
(g) No person at a gun show or event, other
than security personnel or sworn peace officers,
shall possess at the same time both a firearm
and ammunition that is designed to be fired in
the firearm. Vendors having those items at the
show for sale or exhibition are exempt from this
prohibition.

Knauga
11-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I had to go to the Sheriff's office last week and carry there is prohibited, so I parked in a remote spot in the lot, unloaded and locked it up. I plan on buying one of these soon for this type of situation:

I have a couple of these, they are pretty good. They lock with a cable around the seat frame. Of course like anything else, if somebody is determined, they'll be able to steal it.

AbinSur
11-15-2009, 5:17 PM
Wow, I was unaware of that and may have acted accordingly...

Purple K
12-04-2009, 9:32 PM

These are 21 guage steel, literally about as thick as a sardine can. Not nearly secure enough. You could pry it open with a nail file.

Bigballaizm
12-05-2009, 6:53 AM
These are 21 guage steel, literally about as thick as a sardine can. Not nearly secure enough. You could pry it open with a nail file.
True, but at least it might deter or slow down a thief...

Greg-Dawg
12-05-2009, 7:52 AM
Keep it at home.

glock_this
12-05-2009, 7:55 AM
why pay $10-20 to carry a gun into a garage.. errrrr... gun show when there are mostly Sham Wows, blow guns, replica swords, throwing swords and taser guns to be seen?

CAL.BAR
12-05-2009, 9:32 AM
I eat lots of beef jerkey at the CA gun shows

Exactly! The answer to "what do you do at a gunshow" is . . eat a lot of beak jerky and try to find actual guns.

TakeTheShot
12-05-2009, 1:42 PM
I bring it in unloaded and locked in a rug. It's checked in & zipped tied. Then I proceed to buy ammo and parts for my gun plus some jerky.

When I leave the premises, I snap off the zip, and load my magazines/speedloaders (not the gun) with my newly purchased ammo and go back to my car - watching out for anything or anyone. Once at the car, it's locked up in the trunk.

Same thing in CA as in NV. If I can carry legally, it's on me. When not, it stays in the car until I get home.

Swatguy10_15
12-05-2009, 5:30 PM
Why do you ask?
If you need to bring a gun (not weapon) into a show they will inspect and lock it with plastic tie wraps so easy to see that action is open and unloaded.

Then you can either sell it or show to vendors to purchase correct parts for your item.

I usually will bring what I need either replacement parts or "extras" for so I make sure I buy the right part that fits.

Hope this answers your question.

Its a weapon. Just like a magazine is a magazine,not a clip.

SteveK
12-05-2009, 10:22 PM
I can't stand gun shows anymore. From 2001 till now they blow. All the deals are online... Nothing but gougers because were in california.. You can buy wasr ak's all day long for 475 to 500. The shows had them for 600.. Even used on the gunbooards here there 575 F%$# that... On top of waiting for 2 hours because of all the Ammo whores...

Kid Stanislaus
12-11-2009, 4:29 PM
Most of my visits to gun shows have been disappointments. Can anybody recommend really good gunshow in the Central Valley?

SteveK
12-11-2009, 10:41 PM
I cannot recommend any good ones anywhere.... They all suck and 99 percent of the buyers are for ammo.. And lods of cheap chinese stuff. Nothing like the pre 90 shows...

Stone Cobra
12-27-2009, 1:01 PM
I have a couple of these, they are pretty good. They lock with a cable around the seat frame. Of course like anything else, if somebody is determined, they'll be able to steal it.

I bolted a small gun safe simular to the one on the link behind the front seat. Out of sight and out of mind. It will take more than bolt cutters to get that safe out, and holds about two guns w/ holsters, wallet, and badge. It fits right beind the center console on the rear passenger floor board of my 2005 Dodge pick-up and you can't even see it.

applevalleyjoe
01-03-2010, 12:17 PM
I cannot recommend any good ones anywhere.... They all suck and 99 percent of the buyers are for ammo.. And lods of cheap chinese stuff. Nothing like the pre 90 shows...

Too right...I don't even go to the Las Vegas gun shows anymore! The last time that I went there I got some overpriced ammo but did get some great deals at closing time on some used left hands holsters. On-line ammo, even with shipping, is cheaper.

yock
01-04-2010, 3:27 PM
At the Fresno show I got some 40 ammo for a little less than I can find on the net and some .223 for the same and I didn't have to wait for shipping. :)