View Full Version : Should I even Consider This?

11-06-2009, 8:13 AM
I have a Desert Eagle 44 mag, Mark 1 I believe, (pic), first year they came out, stainless steel frame. 4 magazines, and a shoulder holster and take down tool. I might even have the original box (would have to dig around).

My questions...

Should I even consider trading this for an AR15?

Would it even be a possible trade, even or ?

I once sold a S&W 686 with 8 3/8" barrel (pic), and that haunts me still. So thinking I should just keep the DE and buy an AR whenever, if ever, I can find the funds for it (not the near future for sure).

I have a G17, a Mossberg 500a, Ruger 10/22... no centerfire rifle...

Any thoughts?

Also, wasn't sure where exactly to post this, figured since I am jonesin' for an AR15...

11-06-2009, 8:18 AM
No AR!:eek: I'd buy a lower at least. I'm thinking about a NDS-16A1 "Retro" lower for Xmas.

11-06-2009, 8:23 AM
Apples and oranges. Everyone should have a handgun and a rifle they love to shoot.

11-06-2009, 8:37 AM
I lean more towards keeping the DE, get an AR (at least a lower as mentioned), whenever it is feasible... just thought I'd see what others thought.

I do enjoy the DE, fun pistol for sure. I have saved up some brass and will some day reload for it...

11-06-2009, 8:37 AM
I wouldn't... You can get an AR lower or two and then build on that. The DE is not really replaceable should you decide you want another, unless you move out of this state and then you will likely pay a premium for that model. I kick myself for never getting the two tone DE in 41 magnum that I wanted.. Likely something I wouldn't fire much, but I always liked the look and it was something I wanted.. still is kind of.. but the odds of me finding one of those now are about nill.

11-06-2009, 8:40 AM
You already have a Glock 17, Should have kept the revolver over the deagle. Also with ammo prices as high as they are realistically how often do you shoot the deagle? If it were me Id use it to fund the AR if there is no other ways to get the funds the ammo is WAY cheaper and it might give you a little more spending money so you can practice with you're 9mm for defense instead if a impractical fun gun that cost a couple bucks every time you fire it just my opinion. It kind of reminds me of guys who get 50 cal rifles that don't even own a regular LR centerfire rifle or know how to use it to effect. It's just my opinion and like a lot of us say they are like A holes everyone has one, Then again this is coming from a guy who if wanted another gun right now would have to sell or trade due to lack of funds. Ill tell you one thing though I did sell my service XD-9 to my uncle to fund a glock and I NEVER regretted that :p .

11-06-2009, 8:40 AM
Don't trade!!! You'll be upset later.

11-06-2009, 8:49 AM
get rid of the DE. i never warmed up to that gun, it is too big & expensive to be practical. just make sure you get a good trade for yourself.

11-06-2009, 9:12 AM
get rid of the DE, it is too big & expensive to be practical..

11-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Dump the DE -- it is virtually worthless tactically.
Get a nice R700 PSS
or one of those crappy ARs (well, MOST of one)

11-06-2009, 12:42 PM

Never !!!!
Sell !!!!
Anything !!!!