PDA

View Full Version : Talk About Look-a-Likes

bondmid003
11-05-2009, 8:02 PM
http://www.airsoftgi.com/

Wow, I never knew that people bought airsoft guns that look so much like the real thing. I've really only seen the cheap ones up close that are clearly fake but some of the rifles on this site make you do a double take (at least the ones without the orange tip) :eek:

Jyruiz
11-05-2009, 8:11 PM
Yup, I have a friend who has an AR-15, MP5 and AK airsoft that look like the real things, they even have some weight to them. I think he was telling me that a couple of the parts on the airsoft AR could be used on his real AR.

engineers101st
11-05-2009, 8:14 PM
wtf?! some of those are actually cool but nah : )

ghost
11-05-2009, 8:18 PM
some of those airsofts are almost the same price as the real thing:confused:

fliparch
11-05-2009, 8:18 PM
Yeah...my nephews 14 and 16yrs old have M4s, FALs and AKs. Close to real but obviously some controls don't work, a little lighter but damn if they didn't have the orange tips and you don't look too closely, some may actually think they were the real thing.

I'm so tempted to show them the real things but not my kids, my sister and bro in law would SH*T.

evidens83
11-05-2009, 8:23 PM
My brother in law is deep into airsoft. Check out the Classic Army airsoft rifles! Almost like the real thing! Except it shoots BBs...

bondmid003
11-05-2009, 8:42 PM
Well on the site they are selling the Magpul ACS which I can only assume is the real thing. Alot of money for a stock for a bb rifle

pacrimguru
11-05-2009, 8:44 PM
yea check this out... it's all airsoft.

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/RWC-NXM-RWL-L.jpg

i'd say it looks pretty good. just the BCG and mag release button give it away. oh, and the "made in taiwan airsoft only" too.

dieselpower
11-05-2009, 8:50 PM
Well on the site they are selling the Magpul ACS which I can only assume is the real thing. Alot of money for a stock for a bb rifle

I don't think so. I think its a authorized copy of the Magpul which can not fit on a real firearm without modification. Same with the CTR and MOE. I hear they are not built for real firearm use, so they will break easy. Cheap plastic?

That does appear to be a real ACS? I have seen Airsoft Magpul on E-bay that sells for 1/4 the cost, and the seller stated it was authorized Magpul clone gear... Thats why I thought Airsoft guns couldnt take real gear......

Jwood562
11-05-2009, 8:54 PM
I like how they use some real ar parts though. Like the custom gun with the real larue 11" gooseneck rail system. but yeah those are expensive airsoft guns

Seesm
11-05-2009, 8:56 PM
My kids would dig all those....

bondmid003
11-05-2009, 8:57 PM
The Magpul ACS being sold on that airsoft site is 135.00 which is the price of the real deal, so if its a fake then thats one expensive fake

fliparch
11-05-2009, 9:11 PM
The Magpul ACS being sold on that airsoft site is 135.00 which is the price of the real deal, so if its a fake then thats one expensive fake

I think Magpul actually make the Airsoft parts using different plastics...correct me if I'm wrong. The price should not be the same if lives aren't on the line using their airsoft products just egos and feelings.

bondmid003
11-05-2009, 9:15 PM
I think Magpul actually make the Airsoft parts using different plastics...correct me if I'm wrong. The price should not be the same if lives aren't on the line using their airsoft products just egos and feelings.

:rofl2:

pacrimguru
11-06-2009, 8:02 AM
another convincing-ish replica...

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/RWL-MXJP-L.jpg

Rick530
11-06-2009, 9:04 AM
yea check this out... it's all airsoft.

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/RWC-NXM-RWL-L.jpg

i'd say it looks pretty good. just the BCG and mag release button give it away. oh, and the "made in taiwan airsoft only" too.

Holly Hell!! So who has this one in stock???????????????????????

Flying_clutchman
11-06-2009, 9:12 AM
I went and played airsoft with a friend and his airsoft crew. Wow, the guns these guys had looked so real. One guy had a full sized, fully automatic M-60 airsoft gun. It even had the ammo can attached to the underside. Some one said he paid 3 Gs for it. yikes!

Rick530
11-06-2009, 9:28 AM
All the rad ones I want at redwolf are eather out of stock or discontinued....

Barabas
11-06-2009, 9:32 AM
You should see some of the pistols! Summoning Spiggy 3... 2... 1...

MasterYong
11-06-2009, 9:39 AM
I have a buddy that is REALLY into airsoft. He doesn't even own any real guns but he's spent over $10,000 upgrading ONE airsoft rifle!!!

Rick530
11-06-2009, 9:46 AM
I have a buddy that is REALLY into airsoft. He doesn't even own any real guns but he's spent over $10,000 upgrading ONE airsoft rifle!!!

WTF!!! How do you spend that on 1 airsoft gun??????????????

Barabas
11-06-2009, 9:50 AM
I have this friend, we'll call him "not-Barabas" who spent $1000.00 on a gas operated airsoft rifle. I'd hate to see the receipts "not-Barabas" has collected over the years he played airsoft.

Raptor1Ronin
11-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I still play airsoft love it great way to get out shoot some people and laugh about it. I have a couple pictures of some of the guns i use. first is my M24 which will shot close to 650FPS gas operated in the mag. The second is a Classic Army CQB Seal . Minus the Eotech built my real steel so now its in its propper home. Oh the M203 really works! Its also gas operated.

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh325/Raptor1Ronin/Sniper.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh325/Raptor1Ronin/seal2.jpg

Rob454
11-06-2009, 10:13 AM
So then why is the real tacticool stuff so expensive. I mean they probably use the same mold for the plastics and I doubt the plastic mix is really that much more expensive. I bet a lot of stuff will fit on a real gun with slight or maybe no mods.

Raptor1Ronin
11-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Most of the expesive guns have real metal bodies really good internal upgrades. Most upgraded guns will shoot 400FPS + Its like crack once you play you want to have the best stuff money can buy.:)

MasterYong
11-06-2009, 10:18 AM
WTF!!! How do you spend that on 1 airsoft gun??????????????

I don't even know. he's so into this stuff that his whole house is jsut a bunch of work benches and such that he uses to customize friends airsoft guns. The one he told me had over $10k in it he claimed was somehow imported and you couldn't buy them in the states and it's only used for military training in Japan or some crap like that. I haven't even talked to the guy in maybe 2 years... don't know what ever happened to him...

MasterYong
11-06-2009, 10:20 AM
So then why is the real tacticool stuff so expensive. I mean they probably use the same mold for the plastics and I doubt the plastic mix is really that much more expensive. I bet a lot of stuff will fit on a real gun with slight or maybe no mods.

My buddy's MP5 clone was basically the same as a real MP5 with a different action. This thing was a REALLY high quality piece of equipment (you know when you pick something up and you can just tell how well it's made... getting that "they don't make em like THIS anymore" kinda feeling?). I think that a lot of the airsoft stuff ISN'T just cheap plastic...

Raptor1Ronin
11-06-2009, 10:24 AM
http://www.airsoftpacific.com/content.php?page=30

This is the daddy of airsoft some Army units are using these to train.

fonionrings
11-06-2009, 10:26 AM
There are the cheap $100 models and then there are the $1,000+ models. With the $1,000+ models, you get some really detailed and solid pieces of work that blow your mind.

Rick530
11-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Trying to talk my friends into buying these to get something going is gonna to be the hard part.

fonionrings
11-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Pros to airsoft:

1) You can shoot at people.
2) 30 rd mags are considered low-cap mags!
3) Detachable mags!
4) SBRs and other non-CA compliant "weapons"!

pacrimguru
11-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Pros to airsoft:

you had me at #1... HAHAHAHAHAA

Jeffu
11-06-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't even know. he's so into this stuff that his whole house is jsut a bunch of work benches and such that he uses to customize friends airsoft guns. The one he told me had over $10k in it he claimed was somehow imported and you couldn't buy them in the states and it's only used for military training in Japan or some crap like that. I haven't even talked to the guy in maybe 2 years... don't know what ever happened to him...

That's what my army buddy told me too, dumped $2700 into his airsoft M4, and $1350 into his real AR15.

gemini1
11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Even Daniel Defense had given some airsoft manufacturers license to build its omegas for airsoft use. Its almost half the price of the real deal.

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/English/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=230

Raptor1Ronin
11-06-2009, 1:10 PM
You would be suprised how well real steel matches up with Airsoft 1:1

fonionrings
11-06-2009, 1:45 PM
You would be suprised how well Airsoft matches up with real steel 1:1

There fixed it for ya :)

bondmid003
11-06-2009, 1:47 PM

How do you spend that much and not have at least 1 real rifle

bondmid003
11-06-2009, 1:52 PM
Pros to airsoft:

2) 30 rd mags are considered low-cap mags!
3) Detachable mags!
4) SBRs and other non-CA compliant "weapons"!

That's probably the #1 pro, with enough money you can buy a super detailed replica of any rifle you want with none of the red tape

Raptor1Ronin
11-06-2009, 1:53 PM
The next gen of Airsoft rifles have recoil..

chickenfried
11-06-2009, 2:13 PM
This one's tempting for draw practice in the garage. Especially after I saw the threaded tip is removable.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5882
http://www.airsoftgi.com/images/airsoft_SCG_NovakneXt_B.jpg

Booshanky
11-06-2009, 2:41 PM
I really don't understand those things.

Raptor1Ronin
11-06-2009, 2:42 PM
http://www.kastwayairsoft.com/

You will ove this web site, I buy from this guy all the time.

KracknCorn
11-06-2009, 3:42 PM
Airsoft is what got me into real guns =). Airsoft is like paintball, it's fun to shoot people without killing them. Now I can't justify spending money on bb guns when I can just buy a real gun, but it was fun when I was younger.

chickenfried
11-06-2009, 4:05 PM
here's why I want one, cheap convenient practice.
q6nvH5LuInI

X-NewYawker
11-06-2009, 4:13 PM

You can own a full auto AUG.
Ad you can shoot it without going broke.
KWA makes these guns as police trainers -- they are exact same size and weight -- they are using Airsoft to train at Gunsite and in certain Asian ARMIES. Some pro shooters I know have EXACT replicas of their match guns for practice -- hey, it's sight alignment and trigger pull.
Think of it as dry firing "plus"

I think that they don't REPLACE guns collections, they augment them.
Basically, a lot of people want certain guns because they look cool
They don't have the money to buy tons of ammo.
With AS they get the gun they want and they can play with it and stare at it and when they get bored with it, they don't have to try to get back the $1500 they would have spent on an real gun.

I'd rather see those people buy an airsoft AR and go out in a field an shoot it than keep their LMT sitting in a gun bag because they don't have a place or the ammo to shoot it.

The bad part? people get in the habit of shooting their friends
That part I don't like.

Solidsnake87
11-06-2009, 4:28 PM
some of those airsofts are almost the same price as the real thing

lol. Yeah, since I did not play often, I figured I'd just collect the real thing for the same price. The basic Tokyo Marui AK-47 was worth as much as a Romy AK home build two years ago.

bondmid003
11-06-2009, 5:21 PM
http://shortyusa.com/index.html?RID=4328

If you want a FAMAS for 1/40th the price of a real one

badreligion
11-06-2009, 8:58 PM
I use my airsoft guns to practice shooting techniques that some ranges frown apon unless you are in a supervised course. I can practice gross motor skills, transitional shooting, manuever shooting, draw etc either in my garage or my backyard. These skills are perishable. My airsoft guns replicate my real guns in every way but 2. They cost less to shoot, $15 for 3500 bbs and they have very little or no recoil. They are the same size, shape, nearly the same weight and the controls are in the same place. So when I practice with my Airsoft Sig P226, Glock, 1911, M4 or AK etc I am basically using the same skills, techniques and equipment as my real guns for a fraction of the price when and how I chose.

www.airsoftextreme.com If they don't have what you are looking for they can get it.

akjunkie
11-06-2009, 10:12 PM
http://www.kwausa.com/products.html

http://www.systema-engineering.com/English/home/ehome.html

hkdad
11-07-2009, 12:24 AM
You can own a full auto AUG.
Ad you can shoot it without going broke.
KWA makes these guns as police trainers -- they are exact same size and weight -- they are using Airsoft to train at Gunsite and in certain Asian ARMIES. Some pro shooters I know have EXACT replicas of their match guns for practice -- hey, it's sight alignment and trigger pull.
Think of it as dry firing "plus"

I think that they don't REPLACE guns collections, they augment them.
Basically, a lot of people want certain guns because they look cool
They don't have the money to buy tons of ammo.
With AS they get the gun they want and they can play with it and stare at it and when they get bored with it, they don't have to try to get back the $1500 they would have spent on an real gun.

I'd rather see those people buy an airsoft AR and go out in a field an shoot it than keep their LMT sitting in a gun bag because they don't have a place or the ammo to shoot it.

The bad part? people get in the habit of shooting their friends
That part I don't like.

+1... very true!

capntroy
11-07-2009, 4:11 AM
If you have an "Airsoft Extreme" store in your town, swing in there and check out the rifles, the higher-end guns are very close to the real thing in looks and feel. Most folks are surprised at this.

My boys and I airsoft on a regular basis, it's a great way to spend a day and builds team spirit...

pTa
11-07-2009, 4:29 AM
you know where airsoft got its start right? in Japan... where real firearms are illegal

From my Gunsight instructor a few years ago:
"Have all the fun you want with the airsoft, but try and not bring your habits with you to "live fire'."

big al
11-07-2009, 5:48 AM
another pro - you don't need a flowchart:D

Chach
11-07-2009, 2:21 PM
So what would the legalities be of mounting one of the airsoft M203's to a real AR? I assume it would be alright since it's ok to attach flare guns in the same style.

http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/images/2026.jpg

bondmid003
11-08-2009, 9:19 PM
I think attaching an airsoft M203 is perfectly fine since it can't fire real 20mm grenades

ChrisO
11-08-2009, 10:54 PM
I don't think it's very safe practice airsoft is used for practicing or shooting eachother with now adding that grenade launcher on a real gun makes you still pointing a real gun at somebody and that is no bueno.

ChrisO
11-08-2009, 11:00 PM
I used to airsoft when I was in about 7th grade all the time with little springer ones I worked all summer and saved up for a GBB glock 18 oh jeeze I got into trouble with that thing 300+ FPS with a 60 round mag single shot,3 round burst,and full auto man oh man. I am wanting to buy a nice Electric M4 with a good punch for a good price now so I can have something to teach my neighbors putbull a lesson without hurting it badly, It keeps coming over and taking a leak on my boyd coddingtons and ruining em I have told em a couple times but they are not doing anything about it so every time I catch him out there hiking on my rims Im gunna shoot his little nutsack haha.

FeuerFrei
11-09-2009, 9:27 AM
Airsoft can be really fun.
I got some gear for my boys, (me too) so we can play some "tag".
These can teach you much about your SHTF combat tactics you think you have.
Yes they hurt when you are "tagged". Kinda like a bee sting. You learn pretty quickly about the mistakes you make. The gas blow back pistols are great too. The slides function and cycle the action like the real deal.
Classic Army and Tokyo Marui are great at making these toys.
Don't forget to wear eye protection and something to cover you ear flaps.
Everyone I have let try my airsoft guns came away with a huge smile on their faces.
BTW. Full auto/selective fire is the norm and yes they do rip!

Raptor1Ronin
11-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Big Game this weekend in Monterey Fort Ord AI500. I will be there selling batteries. Come out and see for yourself great fun!

247Nino
11-09-2009, 1:03 PM
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2673

EXPENSIVE, but nice!

http://www.airsoftgi.com/images/Picture%20031%20noveske%20custom%20side.jpg

Hyper
11-09-2009, 1:43 PM
I put a Classic Army full metal handguard (airsoft) to my GSG-5 (yes, I know almost an airsoft gun too) works perfectly. The GSG-5s are fun plinkers w/ red dots. The airsoft tracers are fun too.. go youtube and type -> B.o.E Combat Airsoft Night Operations April 25th 2009 (at 3:10)

5hundo
11-09-2009, 3:36 PM
some of those airsofts are almost the same price as the real thing:confused:

Some airsofts use AR spec lowers... :eek:

I couldn't believe it when I saw that...

chuckdc
11-09-2009, 8:06 PM
I have one of the Airsoft Thompson M1 SMGs. It's great. Semi and full auto and 425 fps. They sell them at Big5 on sale for about 150 bucks. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Deluhathol
11-12-2009, 8:56 AM
its all about the M82A1

http://www.gamepod.com/product_info.php?products_id=523