PDA

View Full Version : STAG lower/ RRA Upper

eljBRD
11-05-2009, 2:54 PM
I like the 18in Bull Barrel upper from RRA and was wondering if it would work with the STAG lower?also... any suggestions for a first AR build?

jsmith8918
11-05-2009, 3:07 PM
Shouldn't be a problem, but wait to hear from more knowledgeable folks than me. I took a long time before I jumped in for my first AR build and then wondered why afterwards. I read and studied and shopped, and then, after the fact, discovered that it was quite a bit easier than I expected. Just buy the right tools (check Brownells.com).

00BuckShot
11-05-2009, 3:09 PM
It'll work just fine. Build what you think you'll like and have fun. That's what an AR build is for....doing what you like.

I will say that I thought a bull barrel would be cool too, but promptly sold it and replaced it with something lighter. If it's going to be a dedicated target/hunting rig then a bull might suit you fine. It's not for carrying around all day plinking or hunting IMO.

high_revs
11-05-2009, 3:39 PM
should be no problem.

i matched my rra upper (2 of them) on a doublestar and lauer. (even had the 24" varmint a2 fitted on a mega. only reason I put it on a lauer was the rifle buffer just wouldn't screw in all the way, but super easy on the lauer). the only fitting problem i ever had was my noveske 18" spr to a N4 lower. had to grease the pins and holes and light tap on hammer. but another noveske owner said it took him a while before he can push out the pins by hand.

eljBRD
11-05-2009, 6:35 PM
also...on magazines which brand do you recommend?

high_revs
11-05-2009, 6:41 PM
i know when i first got into this in 06, people were liking bushmasters. i have a few c products. i had a stag one. i have a few pmags. i have zero issues with any of them. of course, you're in PRK so limit of 10 rounds. or a 20 or 30 body but permanently affixed to hold only 10 rds. pmags seem to be the hot things for the past 2 years or so.

eljBRD
11-06-2009, 12:25 PM
thanks for the input