PDA

View Full Version : First JD Machine AR 15 Upper!

gun toting monkeyboy
11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, according to Rob, I just bought the first JD Machine marked upper. It's sweet. Flat top. Nice finish. No machining marks or rough areas. Pretty much everything you would expect from a high quality shop. It will be getting turned into a 6.8 upper for hunting soon. I also picked up a charging handle that he had lying around. It is a copperish brown color that he said is called "Canyon Copper". I don't think it was a regular thing, but it looks nice, and it will fit in with my already tan and FDE plan for this build. I'll try to post pictures soon. You can probably find some on their website as well. He said the .308 uppers and lowers are done, and he has parts for those as well. I have too many other projects going at the moment, or I would have done that today as well. But alas, that pesky mortgage thing is getting in the way.

-Mb

gun toting monkeyboy
11-05-2009, 12:29 PM
All I have is the stock one from their website. I'll try to get a better one in a bit. :(

gun toting monkeyboy
11-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Sorry, this is the best I can do at work. But it should give you some idea of the color I am talking about. The upper is just your regular, well-made flat top upper. I would love to get an upper and a lower in that brown color. Or even a lighter brown.