PDA

View Full Version : Best priced indoor Ranges in LA/SB/OC/Riverside

RedFord150
11-05-2009, 8:21 AM
I live in the san Gabriel Valley. I have been shooting at OC Indoor Range and La Puente Firing Range recently. I have been taking my son with me.
Fees are usually about $25 per hour for both of us and memberships are around $200 per year each (if we choose to). This is getting a little pricey. I also want to rent some guns before I make my next purchase. Rentals are about $8 each.
Looking at Eastern LA County, Western San Bernadino and Riverside Counties, and Northern Orange County, what are the most 'cost effective' indoor ranges and memberships?
If it is not polite to list prices in this thread, I would be happy to read just the names and I will do my own contacting.

510shooter510
11-05-2009, 8:26 AM
Magnum range RIverside usually charges $15 per visit. not per hour. I hate indoor ranges though

Rekrab
11-05-2009, 9:49 AM
I'm a regular at OC Indoor and I opted for the year membership, after my dad started going with me he did too. It's pretty cost effective when you consider most ranges will charge you $15 flat per visit and year membership is $190 for adults. After 13 visits your membership is "paid" for. And of course there's also the free gun rental which I've taken advantage of a few times.

Since you're taking your son, there's also a family membership for $380 which would probably be better for you if he's under 17. But, if it's just you and your son there's a child membership which is only $95.

Sorry, I know this probably isn't exactly the answer you wanted, but I figured I'd toss it out there in case the membership option had never been presented to you.

doodoostain
11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
my wife and i joined the firing line in burbank. may be too far for you, but the membership is $150 a year for individuals and $250 for a family. this covers unlimited range time and gun rentals.

the per trip costs are $18 for the first person and $9 for the second person on a lane/all day. rentals are $10 a pop. after just one trip, we realized it was worthwhile to join.

Aldemar
11-05-2009, 11:11 AM
my wife and i joined the firing line in burbank. may be too far for you, but the membership is $150 a year for individuals and $250 for a family. this covers unlimited range time and gun rentals.

the per trip costs are $18 for the first person and $9 for the second person on a lane/all day. rentals are $10 a pop. after just one trip, we realized it was worthwhile to join.

I joined at the Northridge one. I've also been to the one in Burbank but not the one in Huntington Beach as of yet. How does it compare to the other two?

jsmith8918
11-06-2009, 7:16 PM
The Orange County Sheriff's Department has a range at 1900 W. Katella in Orange, one side of which is open to the public. $7 for 2 hours or $10 for all day. Closed Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. 25 yards max, pistols only, no magnums.

TeckLancer
11-07-2009, 11:16 AM
i say magnum range in riverside. 15 bucks all day and its pretty nice there to. ive shot there a few times. i like it

BHPFan
11-07-2009, 7:46 PM
Fees are usually about $25 per hour for both of us and memberships are around $200 per year each (if we choose to). This is getting a little pricey. I also want to rent some guns before I make my next purchase. Rentals are about $8 each.

$25 an hour at LaPuente for two persons???

Jeez, how times are changing. It used to be for all day. It's the closest to where I live, but I don't go there anymore as I don't like the people running the place. I much rather go to Insight in Artesia though it's a little farther.

Now since Rekrab mentions how much it is at OC Indoor, I may have to drive a little farther to go there.

TurboS600
11-09-2009, 1:26 AM
+1 for Magnum Riverside. Good people there, too. Kevin and Fred are very helpful and friendly. Fees are for all day, I recommend the yearly membership. It covers all range fees for the year and gets your guests a discount, too (I believe they pay $10??).

inbox485
11-16-2009, 3:53 PM
+1 for Magnum Riverside. Good people there, too. Kevin and Fred are very helpful and friendly. Fees are for all day, I recommend the yearly membership. It covers all range fees for the year and gets your guests a discount, too (I believe they pay $10??).

The only thing I don't like about Magnum is their no holster policy. Nothing says 2A supporter like refusing to allow law abiding citizens to practice basic self defense techniques. I go to Bee canyon during the wet season and I just don't tend to shoot much the rest of the year.