PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with m1a scope mount.

zombieflanders
11-04-2009, 8:43 PM
So I bought a sadlak scope mount for my s.a. M1a. Right off the bat the install's giving me a headache! The instructions tell me to tap the pin that holds on the stripper clip guide from the inside out to remove the guide. Sounds simple enough. Problem is, the damn pin won't budge. I even bent my punch trying to tap the thing outta there. I wasn't even hitting it hard. Needless to say, I'm very frustrated at this point. Anyone experiance simmar problems? Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

5ohguy
11-04-2009, 8:53 PM
I haven't done it to mine, but found this on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3N2cVYX-J0

zombieflanders
11-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanx for the link. That's baisicly what I've done. I don't know why the pin won't budge. It's an older rifle, it belonged to my dad. Maybe age has something to do with it? Like I said, my punch bent trying this. Maybe I need a better punch.

ThatFishGuy
11-04-2009, 11:00 PM
get another punch. if it really really wont budge, try some penetrating oil. maybe in its old age it got some rust or gunk built up.

jsmith8918
11-05-2009, 3:21 PM
Penetrating oil, maybe short and restrained application of heat from a propane or MAPP torch if things get really nasty. Sometimes tapping from the side after the application of penetrating oil sets to loosening stuff up. And be prepared to let that penetrating oil sit overnight to really get in there.