PDA

View Full Version : My Newest TOY! for a Bargain!

mydogsmonkey
11-04-2009, 9:24 PM
woo! i finally got my MSAR STG-556 from jail. this took only a bit more work than a normal ca-legal firearm cause of certain things but in the end turned out awesome! just finished oiling it up and will clean a bit later. heres a quick pic, just waiting for my aimpoint to come in.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/azn_seagull02/DSCF2116.jpg

got this deal for only $1300 shipped from Rat Worx USA. it starts at $1150 for the railed version, then ad the ar thread adapter, extended flash hider and raddlock. just fyi for those wanting one, it is stiff and unoiled when you first get it. i assume most of it will wear in once i shoot it this weekend but i used plenty of oil especially where the recoil spring is because that seems to make the infamous screechy sound.

just wanted to share my happiness. thank God for Calguns! without this place, i would'nt have thought half the guns i have were possible in this state

Ernest

ETA they also included 5 30 round rebuild kits for the same price as well as offered to block and lock the mags to make them cali compliant. i go to arizona though so no need for that:D:D

ETA#2- alright guys i was able to shoot it yesterday with some good and bad.
first off i was able to fix the problem of the stuff mag release with peter of raddlock. just a bit needed to be ground off and he taught me how the lock worked so that i can operate it properly.

as for shooting it, it was a blast, no other rifle feels the same and its quite accurate even with an eotech 512. i was shooting some wolf 223 and xm193. problems that occurred were that the first 50 rounds or so of wolf would only cycle enough to eject the case but not load the next round. i tried changing the gas setting but that didn't seem to help. i just kept shooting it and eventually functioned properly thereafter. the xm193 seemed to function fine even in the middle of my testing with wolf.

as for cleaning, i will be getting to that hopefully in an hour or so. i was amazed at how clean it was, im guessing the bolt might be a little dirty but shouldn't be much, i forgot to take a look. the barrel was a little dirty but the gas pistons were pretty much clean. the gas block will probably have some carbon on it but overall its VERY clean. i was surprised, especially since i'm used to cleaning an AR.

overall, im very happy about this purchase. i just hope the break in for the whole gun is over with soon so i don't have any more minor issues.

Greg-Dawg
11-04-2009, 9:32 PM
Please share on how to obtain it here in CA. How is the Raddlock set up on that thing? Registered? Etc...

DREADNOUGHT78
11-04-2009, 9:38 PM
got a link? I am interested!

ukdkbr
11-04-2009, 9:38 PM
I like that flash hider!

West coast
11-04-2009, 9:41 PM
Nice pick up.....

Pvt. Cowboy
11-04-2009, 9:41 PM
Good price! :D

mydogsmonkey
11-04-2009, 9:44 PM
Please share on how to obtain it here in CA. How is the Raddlock set up on that thing? Registered? Etc...

the place i got it from simply made it california legal by extending the overall length to over 30" and locked the magazine in order to make it a fixed mag. pretty simple really

got a link? I am interested!

the guys over at ratworxusa.com helped me out. real friendly folk over there and very helpful, kinda like the "small town gun store that you like going to cause the people are always friendly" kinda vibe i got from them

thanks for the nice comments guys!

oh yeah, forgot to add they included 5 rebuild kits as well for the price, and were willing to block and lock them as well as an option, i go to arizona though so no need for that:D:D

DREADNOUGHT78
11-04-2009, 9:46 PM
I found it thanks!

om221
11-04-2009, 9:47 PM
Show off:36:

Gio
11-04-2009, 9:48 PM
That is an awesome deal! Glad you like it so far, please post info after your first range trip with it.:53:

-Gio

SLYoteBoy
11-04-2009, 9:56 PM
Very nice sir. Couldnt you put/make a solar tactical on there , and go detachable mags :drool5:

Mr10
11-04-2009, 9:59 PM
nice!

Requiem
11-04-2009, 10:03 PM
nice man :)

evidens83
11-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Thats wickedly cool :43: Make sure u update us with how she shoots!

mydogsmonkey
11-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Very nice sir. Couldnt you put/make a solar tactical on there , and go detachable mags :drool5:

i was seriously considering it except i would have to take off the foward VG. also im not too sure but the hand guard might be considered a vg right in front of the pistol grip. i can sure use it that way.

i was also thinking of something weird. what if i took the VG off and used the rear magazine as a grip while grabbing the regular pistol grip part. then would the pistol grip be considered a VG? perhaps im thinking too much into it haha but yeah i considered it.

Rob Roy
11-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Very nice:thumbsup: What's OAL of this rifle?

mydogsmonkey
11-04-2009, 10:40 PM
im measuring about 32.5" i guess they could've gone with a shorter flash hider. im pretty happy about it, ill definately let everyone know how she shoots, hopefully this weekend!

SLYoteBoy
11-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh yeah , in my excitement , totally forgot about the forward grip.

mydogsmonkey
11-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Oh yeah , in my excitement , totally forgot about the forward grip.

don't worry, i saw those grips they offered and immediately thought the same thing. slowly realized the vg...

hkdad
11-04-2009, 11:33 PM
that's on my next list. awesome rifle! pls let us know how it shoots.

ElevenBravO
11-05-2009, 2:40 AM
Those things are fun to shoot! I shot full auto when I was in Australia, very accurate

spdrcr
11-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Looks great. Congrats.

Who did you work with at Rat Worx to do the Radd lock install and mag break down? Just curious if there is someone specific to ask for who is familiar with our situation in CA. It sounds like they were very knowledgable and helpful.

WeekendWarrior
11-05-2009, 11:20 AM
WWRTW

CAL.BAR
11-05-2009, 1:42 PM
Got mine last year from Cold War Shooters. No big deal at all. They shipped it with the Raddlock already installed. (I opted for the longer barrel rather than the fake can) (if I have to have the length, may as well make it useful)

Simple DROS and pick up at my FFL.
Great rifle and very fun to shoot. (Doesn't like more than a hundred rounds of Wolf or so without cleaning.) The case sticks in the chamber and the extractor actually rips the rim off the shell cashing trying to get it out. (a real pain)

Not an HK, but very iconic and unique.

reidnez
11-05-2009, 2:17 PM
Very nice! I want one.

IIRC the muzzle device does not have to be permanently attached in order to make CA's 30" requirement, only the Federal 16" barrel requirement...correct? So if I got the 16" or 20" bbl version, I would not have to permanently attach the muzzle device, just have one on there that brings OAL to 30"?

alain209
11-05-2009, 3:26 PM
very nice toy.

JustGone
11-05-2009, 4:02 PM
That's one sweet firearm! I want one :)

mydogsmonkey
11-05-2009, 4:46 PM
Looks great. Congrats.

Who did you work with at Rat Worx to do the Radd lock install and mag break down? Just curious if there is someone specific to ask for who is familiar with our situation in CA. It sounds like they were very knowledgable and helpful.

to be honest, i forgot. i remember talking to chris most of the time. it seems they all relatively know whats going on and if they don't they would probably ask someone who does. had no problem at all getting this in

Greg-Dawg
11-05-2009, 6:19 PM
Go shoot it!!! Report back!

xxdabroxx
11-05-2009, 7:00 PM
that is pretty cool, i have always dug the bullpup design. Very nice sir, looks like it would make a great coyote gun.

Rob Roy
11-05-2009, 11:26 PM
I wonder if it's possible to remove optics in optics version and replace it with the rail?

WokMaster1
11-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Are the mags proprietary?

Timberland
11-06-2009, 3:37 AM
Are the mags proprietary?

Yes, not shure why they did not go for an ar mag version.

Was your used, it says it comes with one 10rd mag, and the mags are like $40 a pop, so you had to get a better deal than listed.

Stubbie
11-06-2009, 8:54 AM
They did come out with a version that takes AR mags. It's called MSAR E4. They are phasing out the last generation with proprietary mags, that's why the prices dropped so dramatically.

mydogsmonkey
11-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes, not shure why they did not go for an ar mag version.

Was your used, it says it comes with one 10rd mag, and the mags are like $40 a pop, so you had to get a better deal than listed.

its weird i guess they changed it up a few times. my specific one from the factory says that i tcomes with 5 30 round mags. i then asked them to add the 10 round magazine. i don't think its used? there are brass markings on the bolt but im guessing its from the factory test firing

mydogsmonkey
11-12-2009, 4:41 PM
alright guys i was able to shoot it yesterday with some good and bad.
first off i was able to fix the problem of the stuff mag release with peter of raddlock. just a bit needed to be ground off and he taught me how the lock worked so that i can operate it properly.

as for shooting it, it was a blast, no other rifle feels the same and its quite accurate even with an eotech 512. i was shooting some wolf 223 and xm193. problems that occurred were that the first 50 rounds or so of wolf would only cycle enough to eject the case but not load the next round. i tried changing the gas setting but that didn't seem to help. i just kept shooting it and eventually functioned properly thereafter. the xm193 seemed to function fine even in the middle of my testing with wolf.

as for cleaning, i will be getting to that hopefully in an hour or so. i was amazed at how clean it was, im guessing the bolt might be a little dirty but shouldn't be much, i forgot to take a look. the barrel was a little dirty but the gas pistons were pretty much clean. the gas block will probably have some carbon on it but overall its VERY clean. i was surprised, especially since i'm used to cleaning an AR.

overall, im very happy about this purchase. i just hope the break in for the whole gun is over with soon so i don't have any more minor issues.