PDA

View Full Version : Need advice: Should I mod the m59/66 or not

dadoody
11-04-2009, 6:33 PM
I have a Yugoslavian m59/66 in excellent condition and perfect working order.

There are 2 'permanent' modifications to it:
1.) The grenade launcher is attached to the rifle still, but a metal sleeve is welded over it to make it CA legal.
2.) The firing pin was modified by Ben Murry in TX - it was modified and fitted with a Wolff firing pin spring. To prevent any chance of slam fires.

I'm thinking about doing a few mods to it: adding Williams Firesights and removing the bayonet and adding a bayonet mount tripod instead.

I don't think the modifications would be permanent I guess, but do you guys think I'd be better off selling this thing in it's nice condition and buying a project condition SKS to mod up or is a Yugo not collectible enough to even care?

jsmith8918
11-05-2009, 3:27 PM
Yugo is not collectible enough to even care. It's a shooter, so I say whatever makes it more fun to shoot is a good mod to consider.

railroader
11-05-2009, 5:38 PM
Those mods aren't permanent so you can always change them back. I had the firesight front sight with the peep rear. They were just ok. The peep sight is too far forward and doesn't work as well as a peep on an ar type rifle. Also the front sight is fatter then the stock front sight.What I went with was a thinner front sight post that was more precise than the factory front post. They are only $5 and you can get them here. http://www.tech-sights.com/ Go to accessories and it's the first item on the page. Their shipping is cheap too. Mark

pratchett
11-05-2009, 5:50 PM
Not.

xxdabroxx
11-05-2009, 5:55 PM
leave one and screw with the other one.

and whats the deal with the sig pic/link?

Jpach
11-05-2009, 6:23 PM
If you decide to sell, how much?