PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT GO TO GUNWORLD BURBANK

jman11
11-04-2009, 4:49 PM
i made the mistake of going there for a PPT..... we were treated like 2nd class citizens, even though I (seller) and the buyer both purchased around 100 dollars of "gear" before doing the PPT

then came the big rant about how WE were loosing them money because they had to do our PPT

i will NEVER go back to Gunworld Burbank........ and i drive by there every day!

jman11
11-04-2009, 4:50 PM
not to mention they made us wait for people that were merely looking at guns in the back (people that had came in after us) at the mere "hopes" some fool would buy one of there overpriced guns....

Dekker
11-04-2009, 4:50 PM
I want to hear more! I went there once and never again, but I always love seeing other people get caught in their web. Can ya give us a nice detailed specific post? I enjoy adding another soldier to my Anti-Gunworld Army.

Hk996
11-04-2009, 4:56 PM
I had the same situation with hill billy there. I bought a tikka from hill billy and we did the ppt there because they were the only one's open that day or something. I went on a weekday after work, so I had to haul *** there to be there before they closed. They close at 6pm and I got there at 530p. Walked in and one of the guys (dark hair) was already doing paperwork with someone. We asked if we'll be able to do the PPT and he RUDELY said I doubt it because I'm already doing paperwork with this customer. I was pissed because I drove there from OC on a weekday in traffic, and all we could do was wait. The guy acted like it would take too long to do the transfer and didn't know if they would help us.

Long story short.... some other guy finished whatever he was dong and WAS able to do our PPT in about 10min. We were both pretty pissed with the way the first guy treated us (second guy seemed okay).

I did put a mental note in my head to never buy anything from there even though they had a nice selection of guns.

Mister BLASTEE
11-04-2009, 5:09 PM
Wow! Didn't know this many people hated this place. Been here about a handful of times and was treated great. It's been about 8 months since I was there so maybe things have changed.

Hk996
11-04-2009, 5:12 PM
just don't go there for a PPT!

SNEAKS
11-04-2009, 5:53 PM
Ive heard of quite a few bad experiences with that place from others although Ive never been there so I have no first hand knowledge. If they are anything like Gretas in Simi Valley I will stay away.

CSACANNONEER
11-04-2009, 6:01 PM
i made the mistake of going there for a PPT..... we were treated like 2nd class citizens, even though I (seller) and the buyer both purchased around 100 dollars of "gear" before doing the PPT

then came the big rant about how WE were loosing them money because they had to do our PPT

i will NEVER go back to Gunworld Burbank........ and i drive by there every day!

You should have returned the $200 in merchandise and taken your PPT to a shop that cares about their customers.

jman11
11-04-2009, 6:01 PM
pretty much treat PPT's like meth and the people who want to do a PPT like meth heads.

they get butt- hurt because they are not selling the gun.

if they feel that strongly against PPT's they should speak up to the State and ATF... not take it out on the customers!

MikeinnLA
11-04-2009, 6:43 PM
I bought a few guns from them about 6 months ago or so when NOBODY else had guns to sell. I was treated well, but I knew I was probably paying $ 50-100 over what a good deal would be. With the cost of ammo, paying a little extra to get the gun I want when I want it doesn't bother me much. Plus, living in L.A. City makes buying stuff over the internet a pain, plus shipping, plus transfer. No gun store makes much on a PPT, but it is very short sighted of them to treat you badly. I mean, you're obviously a gun buyer, DUH, so you would think they'd bend over backwards to treat you well so you'd come back and buy from them. Guess they're just not too bright.

Mike

audihenry
11-04-2009, 6:59 PM
GunWorld can suck it. They're backwards, stuck up, and absolutely **** customer service.

supermario
11-04-2009, 7:06 PM
I was about to do a PPT and didnt becus they wanted to charge like like $50 for the ppt and that didnt include the DROS, but it did include a $20 gun lock:eek:
Also the guy said i had to get there like 1hr or more before they closed or else they wouldnt do the ppt. I ended up doing my ppt at Turners in Pasadena. Great experience there and Mel (manager) had reccomended the seller to post his gun for sale on calguns;) So i kindly returned to the favor and gave them our $.

Vin496
11-04-2009, 7:41 PM
I had the same situation with hill billy there. I bought a tikka from hill billy and we did the ppt there because they were the only one's open that day or something. I went on a weekday after work, so I had to haul *** there to be there before they closed. They close at 6pm and I got there at 530p. Walked in and one of the guys (dark hair) was already doing paperwork with someone. We asked if we'll be able to do the PPT and he RUDELY said I doubt it because I'm already doing paperwork with this customer. I was pissed because I drove there from OC on a weekday in traffic, and all we could do was wait. The guy acted like it would take too long to do the transfer and didn't know if they would help us.

Long story short.... some other guy finished whatever he was dong and WAS able to do our PPT in about 10min. We were both pretty pissed with the way the first guy treated us (second guy seemed okay).

I did put a mental note in my head to never buy anything from there even though they had a nice selection of guns.

LOL,

The only time I have been there I was also doing a PPT with Hill Billy. Like you I drove all the up to Burbank, we were supposed to do it at the Firing Line, but they had just recently stopped doing PPTs, so Hill Billy had me follow him to Gun World. This was the first time I had done a PPT(as a buyer, and 2nd PPT) and really wasn't that familiar with the process. They ended up charging me $55 for the PPT, made me buy a $20 lock. I felt sort of stuck as I had just driven an hour in traffic and didn't know better.

I will never go back.

jarhead995
11-04-2009, 8:34 PM
place is total S**t the place is run by guys from like the Russian mafia and everything they have is overpriced... Atleast I know the temple across the street is safe.

Buyos1717
11-04-2009, 10:07 PM
I just copied another post that i made. Didn't bother checking if it was coherent though.

I got one.

I went to Gun World in Burbank to transfer a shotgun my uncle was giving me from Nevada. At this time, i was just becoming an enthusiast and didn't know much about all the formalities and what not.

Anyways, everything went okay till the day i had to pick up my gun. Besides not having "valid proof of residency" i was still generally happy, i was getting my first shotgun. This transfer fee was $100 (which i now realize is ludicrous) and the guy i was working with was trying to get me to pay tax for the gun. I politely told him that the shotgun was a gift from my uncle so i don't think there is any tax to pay. He was very adamant i pay some tax on the gun and even said he will look up the price of the gun so i could pay tax on that amount. I called my uncle (who at the time was managing the PMC factory in Nevada) and was told that it doesn't sound right to have to pay that.

Anyways, after going back and forth with the employee he finally asked a second employee what to do. The second employee told him to just forget it then because it was a gift. However, he didn't let up. I finally told him that i paid $100 (remember, it was a gift) and paid about $8 in tax before i left.

I was so surprised that he kept pursuing the tax even after the other employee said to forget it, right in front of me. I was 18 at the time so i think he was just giving me the run around. Either way, i will not be going there again.

Greg-Dawg
11-04-2009, 11:17 PM
FYI: People will still shop there.

Sucks about your ordeal.

Seesm
11-04-2009, 11:21 PM
NO shops like doing PPT even if they say they do... :)

M47_Dragon
11-04-2009, 11:38 PM
I had a decent PPT experience there a couple months ago with a fellow CGer. No problems - I guess they weren't busy at the time, or we just got lucky with a personable, nice guy. I had heard of others bad luck with PPTs there, so I went in expecting them to be b*tchy, but they were cool.

To the poster who was asked to pay $50 + dros, was that an out of state transfer?

My PPT was only $35. Should not cost any more than that for a PPT anywhere.

mydogsmonkey
11-05-2009, 12:12 AM
same deal, just tried to do a PPT, was a total @$$ to us and made us wait. the guy said something along the lines of not liking PPTs and that they get too many and then would'nt do it because the buyer didn't have current registration for a PPT for a long arm? i know that doesn't sound right but the excuse they used was that it was their policy

Rob454
11-05-2009, 3:54 AM

Who gives a rats azz if they like it or not. if you dont want to do PPT then take it up with the ATF/DOJ or state lawmakers or turn in your FFL and do something else.
Yeah i agree its a PITA and yeah bla bla bla youre not making any money. See me cry. Sorry your FFL license has that condition on it then thats too bad. you knew exactly what you were doing when you got a FFL and agreed to those terms so live by them. Personally if I go to a place to do a FFL and they give me the run around my next thing on my to do list is to call or write a complaint to the DOJ.

My licenses hinge on continued 100 hour education and its a PITA and it costs me 12-1500$ for classes but I still do it.

audihenry
11-05-2009, 8:29 AM
Who gives a rats azz if they like it or not. if you dont want to do PPT then take it up with the ATF/DOJ or state lawmakers or turn in your FFL and do something else.
Yeah i agree its a PITA and yeah bla bla bla youre not making any money. See me cry. Sorry your FFL license has that condition on it then thats too bad. you knew exactly what you were doing when you got a FFL and agreed to those terms so live by them. Personally if I go to a place to do a FFL and they give me the run around my next thing on my to do list is to call or write a complaint to the DOJ.

My licenses hinge on continued 100 hour education and its a PITA and it costs me 12-1500$ for classes but I still do it.

Realtor?

SPUTTER
11-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Gun World is great for window shopping.

If you need to do a PPT, I'd go to Turners in the morning. Preferably the one in Norwalk, the asian guy who works there does them super fast.

Never Convicted
11-05-2009, 1:20 PM
So rotten attitudes and a sh/t store layout, coupled with high prices? No wonder people stay away....

Aldemar
11-05-2009, 1:23 PM
Gun World is great for window shopping.

If you need to do a PPT, I'd go to Turners in the morning. Preferably the one in Norwalk, the asian guy who works there does them super fast.

Exactly, if there is a particular weapon you are thinking of buying, chances are that they have one in the back. Trying to get them to match another shops price is a lost cause though. I think they are MSRP + 5-10%

They love first-time buyers though.

Exposed
11-05-2009, 1:32 PM
..........it is very short sighted of them to treat you badly. I mean, you're obviously a gun buyer, DUH, so you would think they'd bend over backwards to treat you well so you'd come back and buy from them. Guess they're just not too bright.

Mike

+1 Mike!

eviioiive
11-05-2009, 8:57 PM
maybe its because you have a bad attitude...

..or maybe someone that thinks you have a bad attitude knows some people there and dropped a dime

Mickey D
11-09-2009, 9:28 PM
maybe its because you have a bad attitude...

..or maybe someone that thinks you have a bad attitude knows some people there and dropped a dime

Dropped a dime? Now you're dating yourself. :D

norcal77
11-10-2009, 12:01 AM

I 100% agree..if a shop gives me any kind of flack I complain immediately..the FFL license is not there god given right...if they want to keep it they better make me happy....

TURBOELKY
12-15-2009, 7:55 AM
the heavy set young guy with the funny hair, called me a felon. he also said anybody else building ak's are felons. I posteed this in the canyon country build party thread. There was more behind it, but long story short, I was treated very very poorly, and called a felon. I walked out, and never looked back. Sad thing is, I live a mile away, and would love to do business with a local shop. I'm going to try The Kings Armory in Glendale, (I think thats the name?).

liketoshoot
12-15-2009, 8:02 AM
Just wow, I've done 3 PPT there and each one was fast, smooth, and easy! only charged the 10 extra they were allowed by state, and did make the buyers buy the lock because they forgot to bring one. I also bought my Kimber there and have no issues with the way I was treated.
I just don't understand, sorry.
Me, I'd go back there.

crunchy53
12-15-2009, 2:31 PM
ive gone there to look at stuff. only bought ammo once. they tried to sell me the yugo 7.62x39 ammo for over $400!! this was before obama crazy time and told me it was non-corrosive. these guys lie through there teeth. i always hear them same nonsense to people that are clearly first time buyers. everything is +$100 what it should be.

bushmaster_bob
12-15-2009, 2:50 PM
I have been there once....went there to price a Kahr black diamond PM9. As another poster said, they DO have a healthy inventory...so sure enough, they had the Kahr in the exact configuration I was seeking, but I think they wanted about $850-900 for it at the time. I kindly thanked them for showing me the gun, and then left.

Needless to say, I ended up buying it elsewhere for about $600 and some change. My guess is GunWorld thrives on uninformed/misinformed naive (first time?) gun buyers. Anyone who has done their homework, would never buy from them and pay those ridiculous prices!! :eek:

aermotor
12-15-2009, 4:09 PM
Ahh yes, Gun World: Scum of the Earth. Where market price is 150% or more of the civilized world. Where ammo rains down with the cost of diamonds. Where their shelves are so stocked, you'd think they moved more inventory than Midway. Where their employees.... oh wait. Right.

</rant>

djleisure
12-15-2009, 4:37 PM
Right after the SIG 522 came out someone here posted that they had one in stock. I work about 5 minutes away from there, so I decided to take a little break and cruise down there to check it out. I was pretty excited about this rifle and was thinking if it was $550 to maybe $600 I would pick it up on the spot. Got there and saw that they wanted $799 for it... uhmm, no thanks.

Turns out I wasn't very stoked on the 522 anyway, but that's another story...

Serpentine
12-15-2009, 8:55 PM
Few remember back when the police departments would do the PPT's. They were so overwhelmed with all the required paperwork, storage, keeping up on the ever increasing laws and regulations, waiting periods, etc, that they QUIT! I don't blame them!

Now PPT's have been delegated to the FFL's who absolutely lose money on the work and time required.

This is very bad because the PPT's are required by law, and citizens should be entitled to trade their private property freely without all the hassles and expense (with a NICS check and that's it) but the law pretty much says to dealers - you do it, you do it by our rules, you lose money and time, and you be happy with it or give up your license.

The dealers aren't making much on collateral sales in their stores either (as so commonly assumed), when the accessory Internet purchases saves them money, time, and local sales taxes.

CA gun shops are a quickly dying breed. Few support them, and not all, but many buyers use them as the "whipping boy" for the state mandated firearms restrictions.

Hope and pray that the SCOTUS grants national incorporation with a plan that prevents criminals from getting guns, makes criminal use of guns harshly punishable, and allows law abiding citizens to exercise their rights as it should be - due process!

audihenry
12-15-2009, 9:20 PM
...but the law pretty much says to dealers - you do it, you do it by our rules, you lose money and time, and you be happy with it or give up your license.

You know what, this is a godsend to the stores, because it says whether or not you're a ****ty dealer, you're required by law to do it. Further, even if we assume that they lose money on this (which is ridiculous, because half the time they're doing jack **** anyway), the gun buyers also buy ammo, accessories, and other higher marging products, not to mention future products from the dealer.

No one's asking them to be an FFL: either they do what's required, or they quit. The potential for abuse in FTF non-FFL sales is too great.

Rob454
12-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Realtor?

hell no bro. I couldnt sell a house if you put a gun to my head. I do fire training with FD and fire alarm installs in high rise buildings and schools

Few remember back when the police departments would do the PPT's. They were so overwhelmed with all the required paperwork, storage, keeping up on the ever increasing laws and regulations, waiting periods, etc, that they QUIT! I don't blame them!

Now PPT's have been delegated to the FFL's who absolutely lose money on the work and time required.

This is very bad because the PPT's are required by law, and citizens should be entitled to trade their private property freely without all the hassles and expense (with a NICS check and that's it) but the law pretty much says to dealers - you do it, you do it by our rules, you lose money and time, and you be happy with it or give up your license.

The dealers aren't making much on collateral sales in their stores either (as so commonly assumed), when the accessory Internet purchases saves them money, time, and local sales taxes.

CA gun shops are a quickly dying breed. Few support them, and not all, but many buyers use them as the "whipping boy" for the state mandated firearms restrictions.

Hope and pray that the SCOTUS grants national incorporation with a plan that prevents criminals from getting guns, makes criminal use of guns harshly punishable, and allows law abiding citizens to exercise their rights as it should be - due process!

I understand what you are saying but MOST peopel if they get fair and curteous treatment they will go back there to shop for other stuff so yeah you may do somethign and lose money youll make it back when the guy comes back to get a gun for his wife or ammo or a part.

I just ended up pulling 2000 feet of extra cable for a customer that needed it ran for a future addition to a school. I didnt have to. but I took the wire out of the truck and did it. The customer is happy and he came back to tell me tonight ( after a 15.5 hr day) that he told the contractor we are to wire the new addition to the school gym
So yeah we "lost" the 2000 foot cost of wire but I just gained a 50-60 000$ job for my boss

Big Jake
12-16-2009, 7:38 AM
I am sorry to hear that so many people have had bad experiences here! I have had nothing but positive experiences from them and I have bought five guns from them at good prices!

Deal
12-16-2009, 8:20 AM
If you do a search you will find this is certainly no recent problem with Gun World.

Many previous thread that ran long and had many different issues with one common thread, bad attitude.

I do not wish us to have fewer gun stores in California or even in the USA. But Gunworld is the exception to that rule. They are the worst gun store in so-cal without a doubt. I would love for someone to buy them out.

BTW, one of the employees overheard a conversation of two Calgunners in the store while I was waiting in line and he interupted their conversation to add his two cents that "Calguns was a joke". No one asked his opinion nor was that the subject. He just heard Calguns and had to say his piece for some reason. Perhaps Gunworld does read these threads afterall! They just don't care.

And they can shove their $21.99 locks side ways and rotate.

Soldier415
12-16-2009, 8:25 AM

He's got a point. Would we rather do other types of transactions? Yep, same as you'd rather not have to go to an FFL to do the transfer.

The law is what it is, so rather than f*ck with the customer and take it out on them, we welcome PPTs so we can provide a place where you can come and do your transfer, be treated with the same level of service any other customer gets, and not get jerked around.

I look at it as an opportunity to have two people in our shop, one of whom is going to have a pocket full of dough :D

Plus, both FFLs and gun owners are getting the short end of the stick, so we might as well have a party.

kermit315
12-16-2009, 9:30 AM
He's got a point. Would we rather do other types of transactions? Yep, same as you'd rather not have to go to an FFL to do the transfer.

The law is what it is, so rather than f*ck with the customer and take it out on them, we welcome PPTs so we can provide a place where you can come and do your transfer, be treated with the same level of service any other customer gets, and not get jerked around.
I look at it as an opportunity to have two people in our shop, one of whom is going to have a pocket full of dough :D

Plus, both FFLs and gun owners are getting the short end of the stick, so we might as well have a party.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

H.M.
12-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Gun shops complaining about being forced to do PPT's is like President Obama complaining about the "mess he inherited."

If you do want the problem, don't ask for the job.

Soldier415
12-16-2009, 12:38 PM
I knew there was a reason I liked you.
Giggity :D

n2k
12-20-2009, 2:43 PM
What's funny is they talked down to so many people about AR/AK's and now they are carrying them with bullet buttons.

They said they got a letter from the DOJ saying it's all good.

Any other FFL get that letter?

jj1907d
01-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I met a seller at Gun World mid-day on a Saturday last month to get a PPT done. We were told that the boss told them not to do PPTs that day. I had driven from Oxnard and was not a happy camper over that attitude. We did the PPT at Gun Gallery in Glendale without a problem.

Sillyguy
01-05-2010, 2:17 AM
i want to go there just to see how bad it is. haha

Good_Knight
01-05-2010, 2:34 AM
I SECOND all of this!!! First of all, they have that classic, smug, s@#% don't stink, gun shop attitude. Yes, they are TOTALLY overpriced. And what I find funny is that when I used to go in there and ask about OLLs, they immediately got super smug and self righteous, ranting on and on about how OLL are 100% illegal and how THEY could never sell anything like that because they would be jeopardizing the "biggest and best gun shop in LA"; AND NOW that they do carry them, they have the audacity to act like it was THEIR FREAKING IDEA and to charge an arm and a leg for them.

...And, they sold me corrosive ammo without even DOING THEIR JOB by letting me know that it was corrosive.

SolidShooter69
01-25-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't know how they lied and still stay in business.

SolidShooter69
01-26-2010, 12:37 AM
I went to gun world a few times, and these S@#% for brains that work there will lied to anyone to make themselves look good.

One day i went there, and saw the Owner of the store and said "you guys have alot of Sig sauer in this place" and he reply by saying "We are the Largest Sig dealers in the west coast", in my mind if that was true or bull, i could care less----i mean who cares if they are, and then i asked "You don't have the Sig P220 "45acp" Combat (green frame with black slide) and then he reply with "unfortunately that particular model is not legal here in California", I couldn't believe this Di#$ head was saying, does he not know whats legal in Ca and whats not.

Then i overheard one of his salemen said to a customer, that he were assisting, employees said "If you buy a Glock and if it doesn't fire when you pull the trigger, you would then have to do a 8 step process to get it working".
that salemen were trying to get the customer to look at 1911 45's for home defense, particularly the higher end 1911 like Wilson, Ed Brown, Les Baer and such, stating "These guns are truly the best for Home protection, their very accurate, very reliable and very easy to maintain" and then the customer reply with "How about a shotgun for Home Defense", then the salemen reply with "Shotgun are over kill and If you shoot an Intruder with a Shotgun and if the Intruder dies you will be charged with Murder".

aquaek4i
01-26-2010, 2:25 AM
Then i overheard one of his salemen said to a customer, that he were assisting, employees said "If you buy a Glock and if it doesn't fire when you pull the trigger, you would then have to do a 8 step process to get it working".
that salemen were trying to get the customer to look at 1911 45's for home defense, particularly the higher end 1911 like Wilson, Ed Brown, Les Baer and such, stating "These guns are truly the best for Home protection, their very accurate, very reliable and very easy to maintain" and then the customer reply with "How about a shotgun for Home Defense", then the salemen reply with "Shotgun are over kill and If you shoot an Intruder with a Shotgun and if the Intruder dies you will be charged with Murder".

LOL

Soldier415
01-26-2010, 7:33 AM
What's funny is they talked down to so many people about AR/AK's and now the are carrying them with bullet buttons.

They said they got a letter from the DOJ saying it's all good.

Any other FFL get that letter?
Nope. Still waiting to see that Unicorn.

forgiven
01-26-2010, 7:43 AM

No problem. To far of a drive anyways.

mblat
01-26-2010, 8:32 AM
And they can shove their $21.99 locks side ways and rotate.

Exactly - this is beyond ridiculous. I understand that carrying such large inventory comes with the price - they have to finance it, so they have to overcharge for guns... But I when I was doing PTP and they asked me to shell out $22 for lock..... me and my friend simply walked out.

qaz987
01-26-2010, 5:35 PM
Gun Country closed, where else will I go? :D

mydogsmonkey
01-26-2010, 6:45 PM
Gun Country closed, where else will I go? :D

actually gun countrys open now under new management as aegis trading, check it out, they do PPTs of OLL and such and cool people

albay95
01-30-2010, 1:34 PM
Just came back from Gun World. They had a Socom 16 on the wall that i wanted to check out - price tag $1999.00. Checked out a few S&W. The older guy came over to help me - could be the manager or the owner. The prices where higher than anywhere i know so i asked if they where negotiable. The older guy lost interest in me and walked away mumbling something. I guess they choose to serve few buyers with deep pockets than the volume. Service is awesome until you start talking prices. I agree - for window shopping they are great as inventory is high. Go there, try whatever you like, play with it and buy it somewhere else.

1Jakie07
01-30-2010, 9:37 PM
The manager and majority of their personnel (Gun World Burbank) are really rude. I tried to avoid buying from those people. I am so happy that Turner's got a new owner and they are now competitive with those guys.

xbimmers
01-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Avoid Gun World in Burbank unless you like paying MSRP plus markup!!! During the recent "obama" induced gun run...they had markups to their already inflated prices. People in the know such as Calgunners will never guy a gun there. I've done 2 PPT's there, but was only treated well because I was with a person who knows "them." But when I've gone with my friends or by myself just to look....you do get treated very very differently...and they certainly come across negatively....

Don't even bother to ask them to pull a gun out of the case so you can look at it...if you are not going to buy it....

The culture at this store seems to be of a sense of "authority" or "superiority" because they run a gun store.

All my guns have been bought at B&B when it was around and Turner's since then. Turner's is the best place to go to buy decently priced guns with good service.

xbimmers
01-30-2010, 10:10 PM
At their prices inventory should always be high!

Just came back from Gun World. They had a Socom 16 on the wall that i wanted to check out - price tag $1999.00. Checked out a few S&W. The older guy came over to help me - could be the manager or the owner. The prices where higher than anywhere i know so i asked if they where negotiable. The older guy lost interest in me and walked away mumbling something. I guess they choose to serve few buyers with deep pockets than the volume. Service is awesome until you start talking prices. I agree - for window shopping they are great as inventory is high. Go there, try whatever you like, play with it and buy it somewhere else.

xbimmers
01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
I live in Glendale where Gun Gallery is...and I have to say that their prices are just as high as Gun World......I don't go there......

I completely agree. I got the same treatment from Gun World, and was treated extremely well at Gun Gallery. I would recommend that everyone skip Gun World and head straight to Gun Gallery.

OneApart
01-30-2010, 11:07 PM

They seemed to have second class service when I went there a couple of months back.

Looked around a bit, and left without being assisted.

The shop itself was dark, and disheveled.... didn'tt really like it.

I'm with Jman, would not recommend it. :(

philobeddoe
01-30-2010, 11:16 PM

I had a recent and very fulfilling experience at Ft. Courage in Simi

Deal
01-31-2010, 12:20 AM
I had a recent and very fulfilling experience at Ft. Courage in Simi

Ft Courage rocks!

I wish they would move closer to me (SD), I would give them alot more of my business, all great people there.

Greta's guns down the street has an almost Gun World type thinking and price list... I said almost.

xbimmers
01-31-2010, 1:03 PM
I don't want this thread to die.....should be top of the list!

TacFan
01-31-2010, 2:36 PM
they wouldn't PPT a Saiga. Said it was illegal :rolleyes:

KALIDAWG8996
01-31-2010, 4:18 PM
Seriously, I just went to "Annie's Get A Gun" in Corona. and it was the smoothest FFL transfer i've had yet, took like 5 min!!! Annie is really nice and cheerful and I didn't get Bss'ed around like at other places(Bass Pro shop). I will definitely go back and buy stuff from their shop just because of the customer service!!!! If you don't like some place, shop around!!! It's always a good idea to call in first and ask what they're pricing is on something.

delisle
02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Seriously, I just went to "Annie's Get A Gun" in Corona. and it was the smoothest FFL transfer i've had yet, took like 5 min!!! Annie is really nice and cheerful and I didn't get Bss'ed around like at other places(Bass Pro shop). I will definitely go back and buy stuff from their shop just because of the customer service!!!! If you don't like some place, shop around!!! It's always a good idea to call in first and ask what they're pricing is on something.

I live right around the corner from this shop and my experience in there has been awesome. I am a new reloader and they had a pretty fair selection of stuff in there for me. I have yet to do a FFL transaction there but I will.:D

MADxBRAPPER
02-09-2010, 3:20 PM
I tried to give this place the beneifit of the doubt but after my expierience today i will not be returning to Gun World. The people in the Burbank area like myself should know that AEGIS Trading Enterprises, LLC formerly Gun Country is open again. After being told my sks could not be legally transfered today we went up the street and and the guys at AEGIS took care of us.

oldgrumpy
10-02-2010, 3:44 PM
Gun World ............RUDE TO THE CORE.

GWbiker
10-02-2010, 5:48 PM
Exactly - this is beyond ridiculous. I understand that carrying such large inventory comes with the price - they have to finance it, so they have to overcharge for guns... But I when I was doing PTP and they asked me to shell out $22 for lock..... me and my friend simply walked out.

California gun shops charge $22 for a gun lock? Arizona gun shops hand 'em out at no charge.

TOMBSTONE
10-02-2010, 8:12 PM
Independant Armament Co. in San Fernando , appx. 15 minutes north-east of GunWorld; off the 210 frwy @ 2053 Glenoaks Blvd. Call Demitri @ 818-322-4585 for all your DROS and AR needs...

turbogg
10-03-2010, 7:31 PM
You should have returned the $200 in merchandise and taken your PPT to a shop that cares about their customers.

Exactly. Vote with your wallet. Return the items and don't give them another penny of your business.