PDA

View Full Version : m-4 type collapsible stock question

BobnNorCal
11-04-2009, 4:06 PM
Does anyone have a source for an m-4 type collapsible stock - all aluminum - for an AR-15, OTHER than Olympic Arms? Olympic has them but will not sell/ship to Kali. I have looked high and low and can't find anyone other than Olympic listing an all-aluminum m-4 6 position stock for sale.

I called Olympic and was told they are in stock but they will not ship /sell to California (as stated on their website). I asked the guy on the phone to at least tell me who they got them from but he said he didn't know.

A couple of places have the old style all-aluminum collapsibles, but no M-4's.

On the other hand, I am pleased that Olympic Arms is doing so well they repeatedly turn down a "fast-easy-I'll-buy-two-of-the-damned-things-right-now-to-make-it-worth-your-while" sale. Business must be booming and I'm happy for them. It was even going on a registered Olympic/SGW lower for crying out loud.

Any referrals would be appreciated. Thanks!

Requiem
11-04-2009, 4:20 PM
have them ship it to someone out of state, then pick it up or have them ship it to you?

DREADNOUGHT78
11-04-2009, 6:08 PM
I did not know they made the shell out of alluminum! I had to re-read the add and see if it was true. I think it is pretty cool. Try contacting a website that is out of state and see if they will order it for you most sites state that
"if you don't see it on our site call us and we will try and get for you".Worth a try.

dieselpower
11-04-2009, 7:42 PM
http://www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/Colt_Pistol_Parts-11-0.html

second time i have used this link to day.... Give them a call.

BobnNorCal
11-05-2009, 9:20 AM
UPDATE:
First, thanks for the responses and suggestions. Upon supplying a serial number to verify it was a pre-ban weapon / receiver, Olympic allowed me to purchase one of the all-aluminum m-4 stocks. One only. I was also told that any future purchases should be done through Midway USA, and that they can special order any Olympic part they do not regularly carry. So if anyone else in Kali wants one, that's how they say to do it.