PDA

View Full Version : Noveske VTAC or LWRC M6A2...?

Venice Will
11-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Alright...enough is ENOUGH! Been around too many sites and have narrowed it down to 2 weapons - Lorri at LANworldinc. sent me hear for your expertise' ! So let me hear it gents :chris:...and ladies :TFH:

Noveske VTAC Combat Carbine

and

LWRC M6A2 14.5"

Hearing from many that the new gas piston technology extends barrel life considerably, and keeps the entire rifle cleaner...that would be the direction to move...

But when the name Noveske enters the mix, there's some pretty strong opinion that it takes first place in the $2K and under category for a well engineered and built AR15.

So...if there's "trouble at YOUR ranch", and you're reaching for one of those 2 weapons...which would you rather stake your and your family's survival on ...(OK...so you'd grab the 12 guage...let's not go there...got one of those already)

THANKS MUCH!

fliparch
11-04-2009, 1:03 PM
Grab which ever one is closer to you! You should be good to go!

Seriously tho...I also had the same dilemma before I bought my AR. I put in an order for a Noveske upper but the wait time was just staggering and my complete lower was too lonely so I bought an LWRC upper from Riflegear instead and I love it. I don't think you could go wrong with a either one, they are both top notch rifles.

It's really up to you to figure out the pros and cons of both rifles and decide what's more important to you.

technique
11-04-2009, 1:25 PM
Noveske....damn that hurt to say, left a bad taste in my mouth.

skkeeter
11-04-2009, 3:58 PM
I've got both, and couldn't tell you which one I like better. Either will be just fine.

pacrimguru
11-04-2009, 4:11 PM
take the noveske, leave the cannoli.

Venice Will
11-11-2009, 11:56 AM
1st things 1st - THANK YOU TO ALL THE VETERANS WHO SERVE OR HAVE SERVED THIS COUNTRY...WE OWE YOU A DEBT THAT CAN NEVER BE RE-PAID, BUT WE'LL DIE TRYIN' - "HOO-RAH!"

Just when I thought my decision would be easy...Noveske VTAC or LWRC M6A2...along comes the JP-15VT, their Viking Tactical offering.

So, for those with the experience handling JP's, are they a worthy competitor to the Noveske and LWRC carbines...?

Dang, I'll be glad when the money's spent, and then shootin' can start :flea:

thanks all -

damon1272
11-11-2009, 4:08 PM
The JP's get dissed as a gamer rifle because they are very prevelent in 3 gun. That aside you could not go wrong with any pick as they are all top quality. The JP can be had with teh LMT enhanced bolt and extractor. Like I said though they are all great. if I had the money I would go with JP the in an 18 in barrel with Vtac hand guard and barrel cooling fins. They are made to shoot ALOT of rounds without choking.

Venice Will
11-25-2009, 7:02 AM
Well, damn! money's in....but now, KAC is producing a few KAC SR-15E3 IWS -

so the end game choice comes down to

1) LWRC gas piston over the other 2 weapons

or

2) the Noveske VTAC vs. KAC SR-13E3

I'm seeing this as a bit of a "to clean frequently or not as often?" question -

Is the KAC the superior impingment system...? or does the Noveske play on an even field?

Again, bottom line is which would you grab for when the shiite hits the fan???

Thanks all...I'll post up what I buy...

Happy Thanksgiving to you...

brushfire21
11-25-2009, 7:21 AM
I really like the motto of whatever is closest!

Not to throw a monkey wrench into the equation, I really like both of my XCR's from Robinson Arms and the little features that make it easier to use over the AR style rifles. Just my .02 worth, but a gun is a gun and more the merrier.

Venice Will
11-25-2009, 7:57 AM
well hell, THAT helps....:chris:

bombadillo
11-25-2009, 8:09 AM
I have a JP15 and LOVE the thing. 18" barrel Bennie Cooley large brake, stainless medcon barrel, VTAC handguards with the LMOS carrier and upgraded extractor. Best group at 100 yards was .424" 5 shot group. Again its a 5 shot not a 3 shot group. And that was with winchester white box 55gr FMJ's too.

Money no option, I would buy a complete JP CTR-02 in 20" Those things are beautiful and machining top notch. Complete rifle going for $2500 smackers. Guarantee it WILL shoot better than you.
http://www.jprifles.com/photos_new/CTR02C2_556.jpg

Thado
11-25-2009, 8:13 AM
Get a colt 6940

Venice Will
11-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Noveske VTAC with the PWS FSC-556 compensator... ordered :D

now the wait begins....

thanks for all the input...it helped

now grab some brews and kill that turkey tomorrow!

oni
11-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Congrats.

I own two Noveske Uppers and love them both. I can't decide which one I like better.

norcal-ar
11-25-2009, 4:27 PM
got a jp 18" v-tac rifle and love it. its a tack driver also have a noveske N4 Light Recce Low-Profile 16" i havent had a chance to shoot yet. if you love close by i might be able to set something up for the following weekend if you want to try out the jp.

norcal-ar
11-25-2009, 4:28 PM
Noveske VTAC with the PWS FSC-556 compensator... ordered :D

now the wait begins....

thanks for all the input...it helped

now grab some brews and kill that turkey tomorrow!

where did you order from?

esskay
11-25-2009, 4:32 PM
I have a JP15 and LOVE the thing. 18" barrel Bennie Cooley large brake, stainless medcon barrel, VTAC handguards with the LMOS carrier and upgraded extractor. Best group at 100 yards was .424" 5 shot group. Again its a 5 shot not a 3 shot group. And that was with winchester white box 55gr FMJ's too.

Money no option, I would buy a complete JP CTR-02 in 20" Those things are beautiful and machining top notch. Complete rifle going for $2500 smackers. Guarantee it WILL shoot better than you.

I know the OP already placed his order but wanted to follow with a couple comments.

I run a JP upper w/ the JP/Cooley brake for 3-gun. It is awesome. However, I probably would shy away from that brake for a defensive gun. Hit the deck with it and whether in regular prone or even worse urban or roll over prone positions and you'll be creating monster dust/dirt clouds with that brake. At night, you get fireballs coming out of that brake. This weekend during a night match, the brake was literally affecting my night vision while looking THROUGH my optic (at 4X)! I even closed my off eye (I usually shoot both eyes open) and after breaking the shot, it would still take a moment for my dominant eye to readjust! Also, I'd stick with standard BCGs for a defensive gun. All that being said, the tactical JP-15Vtac build does come with a flash hider instead of the brake and a standard-style BCG.

Venice Will
11-26-2009, 4:59 AM
I'm pickin' 'er up from LAN World....

bombadillo
11-26-2009, 9:06 AM
I know the OP already placed his order but wanted to follow with a couple comments.

I run a JP upper w/ the JP/Cooley brake for 3-gun. It is awesome. However, I probably would shy away from that brake for a defensive gun. Hit the deck with it and whether in regular prone or even worse urban or roll over prone positions and you'll be creating monster dust/dirt clouds with that brake. At night, you get fireballs coming out of that brake. This weekend during a night match, the brake was literally affecting my night vision while looking THROUGH my optic (at 4X)! I even closed my off eye (I usually shoot both eyes open) and after breaking the shot, it would still take a moment for my dominant eye to readjust! Also, I'd stick with standard BCGs for a defensive gun. All that being said, the tactical JP-15Vtac build does come with a flash hider instead of the brake and a standard-style BCG.

True true and true! :D There is the standard JP15 VTAC that is a great gun with a YHM hider and standard BCG for reliability's sake and a little more standardized. I'm never one to be normal though!

Venice Will
12-01-2009, 3:19 PM
Now I have to pick my barrel termination -

Smith Vortex

OR

Advanced Armament Backout...

(Other suggestions welcome... it would really be nice to have a good flash-hider that does some muzzle flip damping....)

bwiese
12-01-2009, 3:29 PM
Hearing from many that the new gas piston technology extends barrel life considerably

Who fed you that pile of steaming cr*p?

Gas piston presence or absence has little or nothing to do with barrel wear.

Gas piston presence or absence has little or nothing to do with chamber erosion. [And chamber erosion usually limits bbl life before rest of barrel wears!]

A chrome-lined barrel is more valuable in real terms for wear limitation than any perceived advantages offered by gas pistons.

Yes, a piston rifle stays a bit cleaner in the upper receiver area. But it's irrelevant for regular folk like us and those not in heavy combat.

ARs are easy to clean, and can be cleaned to max operational status in under 3 minutes using basic supplies. Wiping the upper receiver out with baby wipes after a thousand round session suffices nicely.

BTW: with gas piston AR flavor rifles, will you be able to get spare parts in 15 years from now given there's a half-dozen variant designs from small companies that may not be in business down the road, despite their best intentions?

The only gas piston AR rifle I know that will stand the test of production longevity is the new Ruger piston AR rifle. You know they'll have parts 20 years from now given the company's size, reputation for service, and their ability to market their rifles.

aplinker
12-01-2009, 7:43 PM
KAC SR-15E3 would've been my choice, hands down... the finest AR-platform combat upper in production.

jawcn
12-01-2009, 9:15 PM
take the noveske, LWRC is over marketed...

Bowser
12-01-2009, 9:20 PM
KAC SR-15E3 would've been my choice, hands down... the finest AR-platform combat upper in production.

Doesn't it use a proprietary bolt system?