PDA

View Full Version : Proposal for "microscopic" serial numbers in guns

trempel_ry@yahoo.com
02-16-2005, 8:27 PM
Koretz is up to it again:

This bill would, commencing January 1, 2007, expand the definition of unsafe handgun to include semiautomatic pistols that are not
designed and equipped with a microscopic array of characters, that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol, etched into the interior surface or internal working parts of the pistol, and which are transferred by imprinting on each cartridge case when the firearm is fired.

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_0351-0400/ab_352_bill_20050210_introduced.html

trempel_ry@yahoo.com
02-16-2005, 8:27 PM
Koretz is up to it again:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This bill would, commencing January 1, 2007, expand the definition of unsafe handgun to include semiautomatic pistols that are not
designed and equipped with a microscopic array of characters, that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol, etched into the interior surface or internal working parts of the pistol, and which are transferred by imprinting on each cartridge case when the firearm is fired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_0351-0400/ab_352_bill_20050210_introduced.html

Technical Ted
02-16-2005, 8:34 PM
That'd be great for reloaders! We could identify our brass at the range http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

CraigC
02-16-2005, 9:00 PM
.....when will the madness end.....?

is an armed revolt the only way?

Mike Searson
02-16-2005, 10:58 PM
OK.

I am not joking. This is not me being a wiseguy like I am prone to be on occassion.

How can we have this man committed to a psychiatric ward?

He is clearly mentally deranged and I would not trust him with walking my neighbor's dog, let alone write legislation.

Can we call the LA County Sheriff's office and have him put in a straight jacket?

He's nuttier than Chinese Chicken Salad.

When a person is insane, like Koretz clearly is...do they know they are insane?

Do they look in the mirror and go, "Wow...it's amazing how phucked up I really am?"

RRangel
02-17-2005, 6:01 AM
This has gone to far. The insanity needs to stop. Everyone needs to contanct their reps. It would probably be a good idea if you contaced this law maker too. I know I am.

kalibear
02-17-2005, 7:54 AM
Totally asinine!

Mike Searson
02-17-2005, 9:17 AM
Next he's going to pass a law outlawing lightsabres with the blue exhaust.

http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

dwtt
02-17-2005, 9:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Admin:
This has gone to far. The insanity needs to stop. Everyone needs to contanct their reps. It would probably be a good idea if you contaced this law maker too. I know I am. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can stop the insanity only by getting people to vote him out of office. This guy has surely made enough people hate him by now that even an obscure Republican candidate has a chance of beating him at the polls.

Mike Searson
02-17-2005, 11:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dwtt:
We can stop the insanity only by getting people to vote him out of office. This guy has surely made enough people hate him by now that even an obscure Republican candidate has a chance of beating him at the polls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This pimple on the backside of humanity is the Assemblyman for Hollyweird.

Maybe some Green Party Moonbat might have a chance of unseating him, but you can count the number of Republicans in his district on the left hand of a really bad Shop teacher.

The only hope for getting rid of this miserable wretch is to have him unseated by another democrat that is not as mentally ill as he is.

dwtt
02-18-2005, 7:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Searson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dwtt:
We can stop the insanity only by getting people to vote him out of office. This guy has surely made enough people hate him by now that even an obscure Republican candidate has a chance of beating him at the polls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This pimple on the backside of humanity is the Assemblyman for Hollyweird.

Maybe some Green Party Moonbat might have a chance of unseating him, but you can count the number of Republicans in his district on the left hand of a really bad Shop teacher.

The only hope for getting rid of this miserable wretch is to have him unseated by another democrat that is not as mentally ill as he is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take back what I said. There's no way a republican can win in Hollywood. I'm beginning to like Ahrnold's proposal for districts to be drawn by a panel of judges rather than by the politicians themselves.

ivanimal
02-19-2005, 1:17 AM
Meanwhile the bad guys have anything they want because the blind eye of the law looks the other way. Have you ever heard of a metal file Mr.Koretz? They should use that microscope to find your brain!

MrTenX
02-19-2005, 5:35 PM
Hmmmm. My original response has disappeared. Guess I need to re-phase my response.

I note this only applies to semi-auto's.

Charliegone
02-20-2005, 10:12 PM
I believe the easiest way to disprove the gun control advocates is simple. Use statistics that aren't bias and use common sense. Obviously assemblyman Koretz does not have "normal" common sense, rather he has an extreme "common sense." Also Arnold will probably just veto it anyway. Do you think that gun manufacturers will actually comply with this? They would just say "the hell with that" and no longer sell guns in California. What we need to do so this doesn't happen is do what they have also done and that is intergrate ourselves in their organization. That is the only way to stop this madness. Also we need to vote Koretz out of office.

shooterx10
02-26-2005, 9:09 AM
A GOOBER like this anti-gun bigot Klortez does not need logic to justify his anti-gun bill proposals. He just want to BAN ALL GUNS FROM PRIVATE CITIZENS!

---------------------------------------

Guns would mark ID on shells

By Jim Sanders
Sacramento Bee

SACRAMENTO Hoping to find shooting suspects more quickly, California may become the first state to require semiautomatic pistols to stamp their make, model and serial number onto every cartridge they fire.

Proposed legislation would require semiautomatic models produced after January 2007 to carry the innovative microstamping technology.

When peace officers find empty cartridges shell casings at crime scenes, the identifying stamp could help determine what gun fired them and, through an existing database, who purchased the weapon.

"We expect that it will be a very valuable tool and will help solve hundreds of additional crimes, if it's implemented,' said Assemblyman Paul Koretz, a West Hollywood Democrat who proposed the bill.

But critics claim AB 352 would raise the price of handguns without having much practical effect, because criminals could simply buy old guns, replace firing pins, or alter firing pins to erase identifying markers.

Sam Paredes, executive director of Gun Owners of California, denounced Koretz's bill as the latest in a series of legislative bids to discourage gun ownership by raising costs, expanding registration requirements or making production more difficult.

No public hearings have yet been scheduled on the measure.

The value of matching bullets or cartridges with guns that fired them was demonstrated by the 2002 investigation into a series of sniper attacks that killed 10 people in the Washington, D.C., area.

Federal firearms experts were able to link a Bushmaster .223-caliber rifle found in the car of John Allen Muhammad with incidental markings on bullet fragments extracted from his victims.

AB 352 is designed to supplement the incidental markings on a bullet unique patterns created by the firing process with intentional information that could provide key crime leads.

But Paredes called microstamping a costly experiment that simply won't work.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has taken no position on the measure. Attorney General Bill Lockyer supports the concept but has not yet endorsed Koretz's bill, spokesman Nathan Barankin said.

Here is the link. (http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204%7E21474%7E2723208,00.html#)

Greg Beck
03-07-2005, 6:27 AM
Criminals will use a little sand paper and polishing remove the engraving. I thought real criminals use weapons that don't dump evidence.

tkimerer@aol.com
03-20-2005, 6:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Aside from the ease with which the identifiers can be removed, the reality is, most guns used by criminals committing crimes are STOLEN from lawful citizens. All this stupid imprinting BS is just gonna have cops asking people who have reported their firearms stolen where there gun is http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif