PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg barely holding on in Mayoral election

RRangel
11-03-2009, 6:36 PM
A loss for this gun grabber couldn't be more deserved, but projections still put him ahead, barely. Cross your fingers, pray, poke your Bloomberg voodoo doll with a sharp pin, or whatever you have to so that this despicable gun grabber gets the boot.

He was supposed to be out this year, but this ultra wealthy grabber had the law changed to allow himself a third term.

"Mr. Bloomberg who persuaded the City Council to amend a law that would have restricted him to two terms and then spent some $90 million of his personal fortune on his campaign [...]"

"With 52 percent of precincts reporting, Mr. Bloomberg was narrowly leading Mr. Thompson, 48.6 percent to 48.1 percent. The mayor was projected to win by a much thinner margin than in 2005, when he thoroughly trounced Fernando Ferrer."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/04/nyregion/04mayor.html?_r=1&hp

Did you read that? He is "narrowly leading" his opponent after spending big bucks. Bloomberg spends his own 90 million on this mayoral campaign and still can't manage more than a possible marginal win.

kf6tac
11-03-2009, 6:44 PM
I doubt that his opponent is any less of a grabber. It's a lose-lose situation for NYC.

RRangel
11-03-2009, 6:46 PM
I doubt that his opponent is any less of a grabber. It's a lose-lose situation for NYC.

Yes, but is his opponent going to spend funding on sending agents to set people up out of state? His methods stink and a loss for him is a possibly a big loss for MAIG.

Dr Rockso
11-03-2009, 6:51 PM
On one hand I'd love to see Bloomberg lose his job. On the other hand I kind of like the idea of him being preoccupied as mayor of a city 3000 miles away rather than spending all his time and money against us.

dfletcher
11-03-2009, 6:52 PM

Probably not, but if Bloomberg loses perhaps it's in part because he's seen as spending time running around the country instead of taking care of his city. And his successor may understand that message.

Then again, free from playing Mayor perhaps Bloomberg becomes a complete pain in the butt.

RRangel
11-03-2009, 6:55 PM
A win for the grabber by at least 50%. Close, but no cigar.

As a former mayor he wouldn't be able to send people out to harass gun owners under color of law. He still has the money mayor or not, and time to harass us regardless.

VW*Mike
11-03-2009, 7:09 PM
he is going to win. Unfortunately. Like it was said earlier, better him ^&*$ up the lost cause that is NYC (sorry to any NYC natives, I love Manhattan, really, I do, but it is what it is) and stay there then find a new hobby for his time and money.

BroncoBob
11-03-2009, 7:34 PM
I just wish he had spent 1 Billion on his re-election. That way it would hit him a little harder in the pocket book.

bodger
11-03-2009, 8:19 PM
A loss for this gun grabber couldn't be more deserved, but projections still put him ahead, barely. Cross your fingers, pray, poke your Bloomberg voodoo doll with a sharp pin, or whatever you have to so that this despicable gun grabber gets the boot.

He was supposed to be out this year, but this ultra wealthy grabber had the law changed to allow himself a third term.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/04/nyregion/04mayor.html?_r=1&hp

Did you read that? He is "narrowly leading" his opponent after spending big bucks. Bloomberg spends his own 90 million on this mayoral campaign and still can't manage more than a possible marginal win.

Yeah, and if I remember correctly, Bloomberg was a big proponent of term limits for the mayoral post of NYC.
Until HE got elected of course.

What a putz.

Super Spy
11-03-2009, 8:30 PM
I think the Putz has done it. As least the poor SOB's in NYC get to deal with him and he's not our problem for a few more years. Hopefully by then we have new precedents in our quiver anyway.....

Digital_Boy
11-03-2009, 8:45 PM
Yeah, Scumberg gets to buy his way into a 3rd term, but at least Corzine got the boot from the NJ governor's seat.