PDA

View Full Version : Must....stop....buying....guns....and ammo!

sd_shooter
11-03-2009, 4:20 PM
All right, my wallet has reached the stage where I need to get a hold of myself. I'm spending waaayy more on guns & ammo than on my wife and kids.

I also need to stay away from Walmart, stop going to gun shops during lunch hour, stop going to gun shows, unsubscribe from my gun magazines, get off gun shop SPAM lists, stop getting all the cool C&R flyers, stop watching all the gun shows on Outdoor Channel...

*sigh* My wife says I should save enough for money for Christmas presents at least, I and suppose she's right.

JagerTroop
11-03-2009, 4:22 PM
*sigh* My wife says I should save enough for money for Christmas presents at least, I and suppose she's right.

Guns can be Christmas presents, can't they? :shifty:

00BuckShot
11-03-2009, 4:23 PM
Guns for Christmas??? Sounds good to me! Ammo can be your stocking stuffers!

Super Spy
11-03-2009, 4:26 PM
All I want for Christmas is a Gun Safe......

Black Majik
11-03-2009, 4:35 PM
Don't forget Black Friday.

"Honey, the local gunshop had a Black Friday deal, buy three get one gun free!"

DrediKnight
11-03-2009, 4:56 PM
All right, my wallet has reached the stage where I need to get a hold of myself. I'm spending waaayy more on guns & ammo than on my wife and kids.

I also need to stay away from Walmart, stop going to gun shops during lunch hour, stop going to gun shows, unsubscribe from my gun magazines, get off gun shop SPAM lists, stop getting all the cool C&R flyers, stop watching all the gun shows on Outdoor Channel...

:ban: It's for your own good....

Greg-Dawg
11-03-2009, 4:58 PM
What else is there to buy? Smoke the gun crack NOW!!!!

stphnman20
11-03-2009, 5:00 PM

LOL!!! Cant wait for Black Friday.. I need a new TV..

fed20
11-03-2009, 5:07 PM
:ban: It's for your own good....

LOL! How does that work? Do you have to PM a Mod and ask to be Banned for a couple weeks or whatever. Just long enough to save enough money for your next project. Or to save your wife, kids, house......

Good luck

B.D.Dubloon
11-03-2009, 5:20 PM

This and your avatar reminded me of when Homer bought Marge a bowling ball for her birthday and had "Homer" engraved on it.

joepamjohn
11-03-2009, 5:21 PM
LOL! How does that work? Do you have to PM a Mod and ask to be Banned for a couple weeks or whatever.
Good luck

No, just be an idiot enough times and you won't need to ask to be banned. The mods are nice enough to do that for you without even asking. ;)

For a few, it is a lot longer than a week. :eek:

shoushuninja
11-03-2009, 5:26 PM

how old are the kids?

DarkHorse
11-03-2009, 5:52 PM
LOL! How does that work? Do you have to PM a Mod and ask to be Banned for a couple weeks or whatever. Just long enough to save enough money for your next project. Or to save your wife, kids, house......

Good luck

Just start thread crapping about prices in the Commercial Sales & Deals, and all the Private Sales forums, and they should only block your access to those forums.

Unless just hearing other people talk about guns is enought to drain our wallet. In which case, start insulting folks when you correct their grammer, complain about your 1st Amendment rights on the internet, ask why nobody is concerned about FEMA Camps, start 3 Palin threads a day, and act incredulous anytimne anybody quotes one of your posts.

That should give you a little break.:D

SLYoteBoy
11-03-2009, 6:04 PM
I know the feeling

Biff...
11-03-2009, 6:06 PM
Oh man, I feel you bro. I just finish drossing a little darlin Glock 30, and a Fal just feel into my sight, looking very tempting.

mmartin
11-03-2009, 6:12 PM

gonna have to reinforce the stockings...
megan

timdps
11-03-2009, 6:12 PM
Check on Amazon one or two days BEFORE Black Friday. I bought a Sony Bravia 52" one the day before Thanksgiving and the price went UP $200 on Black Friday...

LOL!!! Cant wait for Black Friday.. I need a new TV..

psssniper
11-03-2009, 6:14 PM
Rookie;)

bsg
11-03-2009, 6:20 PM
your wife loves you; don't worry about it. just get her cookies for christmas and you'll see how understanding she really is. it's the thought that counts and you already shared that you wish you could do more for those that you love; i say that's good enough....

Chris M
11-03-2009, 6:34 PM

My wife and I don't celebrate Christmas, and she's been begging me to get a .44mag revolver. I guess I've got quite a different 'problem'. At least I know what to get her for our anniversary. Nothing says "I Love You" like a high power revolver.

Adrien
11-03-2009, 6:35 PM

And you save by doing them all one DROS!

Adrien

tonelar
11-03-2009, 7:26 PM
Buy less / Shoot more

Gio
11-03-2009, 7:30 PM
All I want for Christmas is a Gun Safe......

Just got my new and bigger 14 Gun Safe tonight :D I love it, sure it is Hunter Green but now it holds all my toys in one place. Still need to bolt down to the concrete in my secret hiding place :chris:

Well if you can afford it, and you are not cheating on your wife then you are gtg ;) But yeah, better listen to the wifey. Start shooting more which leads to more cleaning, cleaning equals more time with guns and less at the gun shops/shows :43:

-Gio

MikeR
11-03-2009, 9:21 PM
I hear you man, i went to wally world today because i needed some super glue and an ink cartridge. I walked out with 2 100 packs of 9mm and 4 boxes of 00. At least i remembered the items i went in for too.

sd_shooter
11-04-2009, 8:46 AM
The kids are 5 & 7 - a convenient age in terms of becoming accustomed to being around guns.

Ok, here's a list of impulse buys over the last year, related either to calguns or just browsing in the local gun shops here in SD:

"Cheap AK74 kits", got one:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=224697&highlight=cheap

The obligatory case of 5.45 to go with the AK74

Ruger Mk II Target (pawn shop find)

IAC 982 shotgun:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=164110&highlight=interstate

Ruger GP100:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=214911&highlight=gp100

Case of 7.62x39:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=233386&highlight=1000

Walmart : 18 boxes of ammo in one day :eek:
(...ammo bunkers are pretty full now... yeah I need to shoot more often, that's good advice!)

Adrien
11-04-2009, 8:55 AM
Walmart : 18 boxes of ammo in one day :eek:
(...ammo bunkers are pretty full now... yeah I need to shoot more often, that's good advice!)

Can't say I'm not guilty of that one myself. Walmart is a journey for me so I make the most of it. ;)

Adrien

Bigballaizm
11-04-2009, 8:56 AM
I hear you man, i went to wally world today because i needed some super glue and an ink cartridge. I walked out with 2 100 packs of 9mm and 4 boxes of 00. At least i remembered the items i went in for too.

Your fortunate that the ammo was in stock!! ;)
But I hear ya, I have had to cut back drastically since there is only one income now!!

Untamed1972
11-04-2009, 9:45 AM

Tell her: "Honey, don't think of it as buying ammo, think of it as hedging our dollars against inflation by investing in precious metal.