PDA

View Full Version : Riflegear.com

Vanguard
11-03-2009, 2:13 PM
I had an order in with these guys but saw that it was right down the street from where I work so I decided to drop by to pick up my stuff. I'm glad I did. The guys working there were very friendly and knowledgable. For a small place, they had quite a lot of inventory, including everything I asked for. I bought about 5 items from them.

They had quite a few completed rifles on the wall as well as many uppers and lowers. They even had a couple of .308 AR lowers.

+1 to the Rifle Gear staff. They weren't condescending like other gun store employees I've seen. I'll shop there again. :D

MasterYong
11-03-2009, 2:19 PM
Yeah riflegear rocks.

I've never been in their store (too far away) but the CS from the website is GREAT.

Everyone should buy at least one thing from Riflegear. :D

fliparch
11-03-2009, 2:20 PM
Riflegear is at the top of my list. Great place...great people.

Low-Pressure
11-03-2009, 2:22 PM
+1 great guys working there and great service.

JerryM
11-03-2009, 2:26 PM
I rather drive an hour and deal with Riflegear than walk down the street and deal with some other "professionals".

Riflegear is in my top three.

Black Majik
11-03-2009, 2:29 PM
It's tough to beat riflegear.

*ahem* Needs real gift cards *ahem* :D

pwall
11-03-2009, 2:31 PM
Another A+ for riflegear! Great guys, great products.

Booshanky
11-03-2009, 2:34 PM
Super great. Love em.

stphnman20
11-03-2009, 2:35 PM
Yea they dope!! lol

Real cool peeps..

The Director
11-03-2009, 2:35 PM
They rule.

shark92651
11-03-2009, 2:53 PM
Thanks for the props!

*ahem* Needs real gift cards *ahem*

We have gift cards, it's just done via email though - no need to have an actual piece of plastic. You just enter the coupon code at checkout to use the credit. We are working on actual physical gift cards but we do not have a system in place yet to deal with them.

wish they were more informed about rebuild kits though. AHEM...

We are well informed of the laws regarding magazine replacement parts, but we are not convinced it is in our best interest to sell rebuild kits. If customers want them to be able to reassemble into high-caps then that is nothing we want to facilitate. On the other hand, if the customer wants to use them to build 10 rounders, well we already offer 10 round PMag conversions and we fully back them with a warranty. Since the DOJ could take our high-cap permit away on a whim (not really sure if that would actually happen, but I would rather not find out) we have decided (for now at least) to leave the "rebuild kit" business for others. We have already lowered the prices on our PMag conversions twice now and don't be surprised if you see another price reduction in the near future ;)

If "the right people" convince me it is perfectly OK for us to sell rebuild kits I may change my mind. I think I'll start another thread in the 2A forum to explore this...

hit-man
11-03-2009, 2:58 PM
Great guys, knowledgable, fair prices and good inventory. Anyone shooting a black rifle needs to pay them a visit. It's like being in a toy store when you're a kid!

ddimick
11-03-2009, 3:08 PM
Those guy cost me a ton of money by infecting me with BRD! :D

I had no idea that CA-legal ARs could be built at all, before I saw their excellent write-up. Great shop, very helpful in answering questions, and the Hello Kitty rifle is legendary.

DREADNOUGHT78
11-03-2009, 3:08 PM
Always happy to order from a CA website that has fair prices and super fast shipping. Always within 2-3 days. On my top 3 list for sure!

kf6tac
11-03-2009, 3:18 PM
Always happy to order from a CA website that has fair prices and super fast shipping. Always within 2-3 days. On my top 3 list for sure!

If UPS ground took more than 2-3 business days to get from one location in CA to another, I'd say there was a problem ;)

Vanguard
11-03-2009, 3:27 PM
If UPS ground took more than 2-3 business days to get from one location in CA to another, I'd say there was a problem ;)

Yeah, but some places take a day to process your order before shipping. Riflegear shipped a previous order of mine within an hour of me ordering. Maybe the UPS guy just happened to be standing in their store when I ordered but I don't care. It got to me the next day.

I won't be ordering anything online from them anymore though because I figured out their right down the street from me. :D

Jyruiz
11-03-2009, 3:39 PM
Yeah, but some places take a day to process your order before shipping. Riflegear shipped a previous order of mine within an hour of me ordering. Maybe the UPS guy just happened to be standing in their store when I ordered but I don't care. It got to me the next day.

I won't be ordering anything online from them anymore though because I figured out their right down the street from me. :D

Let me know if you are going to go back this week, I want another PMAG.

Jeffu
11-03-2009, 3:44 PM
thanks to Riflegear, my safe is full and my wallet is empty :D

Vanguard
11-03-2009, 3:45 PM
Let me know if you are going to go back this week, I want another PMAG.

I'm not going back this week. I bought all the tools and parts I need for shooting this weekend.

Hey, post up some pics of your rifle when you get a chance. I think the guys here would like it. It's a nice, clean, KISS setup.

IMC87
11-03-2009, 3:47 PM
I dont like them! I went there, and i looked at an acog and got to look through it, now i want to spend over 1k on an ACOG :rolleyes:

Cool people there :D

stormy_clothing
11-03-2009, 3:47 PM
I think you should just sell mag parts instead of kits, and ammo too. Good place to go been there a few times and bought a bunch too.

Jyruiz
11-03-2009, 3:48 PM
I'm not going back this week. I bought all the tools and parts I need for shooting this weekend.

Hey, post up some pics of your rifle when you get a chance. I think the guys here would like it. It's a nice, clean, KISS setup.

No worries and I have, Link. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=236525)

BroncoBob
11-03-2009, 5:06 PM
Dave and his staff are first rate! Great group of people to do business with.

rudeboyrc
11-03-2009, 5:21 PM
They are the best!

hlcarbine
11-03-2009, 5:28 PM
i hate going there cause its so far and every time i go i spend money i dont have. they gave me BRD and you will get it if you go. dont do it.

alain209
11-03-2009, 5:41 PM
one happy customer here. shipping is fast!!!
keep it up guys.

Bruce3
11-03-2009, 8:13 PM
OP your preaching to the choir! I bought a lower from out of state and had it shipped to RG. The lower had some bad blemishes on it, the place i bought it from wouldn't exchange it for me but RG swapped me with one from their own stock! Above and beyond!

kf6tac
11-03-2009, 8:21 PM
I'm glad I don't live closer to RifleGear, or I'd be there every payday spending myself broke. Then again, they ship (and just shipped some stuff out to me this week), so maybe that's going to happen anyway.

HK Dave
11-03-2009, 9:45 PM
Riflegear +1

johnrunner89
11-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Rifle gear is always my first choice when I need stuff for my AR. Even though the drive is 30min further than my local black rifle shop, I don't mind because I know I get great prices with great service.

Crusader
11-03-2009, 11:34 PM
RifleGear is definitely in my top 3 favorite shops. I have never had a bad experience with them.

hkdad
11-03-2009, 11:57 PM
can't go wrong with them! awesome calgunners!! highly recommended!

plankowner
11-04-2009, 7:51 AM
they are great people bought my upper from them and a few other goodies and still need more

IDPA4U
11-04-2009, 7:57 AM
Great place to do FFL transfers too! Can't recommend them enough:D
May have to by an AR pistol from them one of these days...

reidnez
11-04-2009, 7:59 AM
RG is the first place I look for parts. I've placed several orders from them and they all shipped the same day. :thumbsup:

I've never been there in person, but will definitely check it out the next time I am in La-La land.

wkd4496
11-04-2009, 8:39 AM
The people at riflegear are awesome!! I have tons of stuff from them including 10/30 mags and my cmmg .22 kit. I look for any reason to stop by the store! Thanks riflegear!!:)

etaon
11-04-2009, 11:39 AM
I've had great experiences with Riflegear (only through the website). Fast shipping, good prices and customer service.

JerryM
11-04-2009, 1:30 PM
Them dogs on the other hand. LOL. Where is Cesar Milan? They're cute.

stix213
11-04-2009, 3:04 PM
Can no one say anything bad about Riflegear???? No one???

Apparently I need to buy something from them :)

fcr
11-04-2009, 4:31 PM
Can no one say anything bad about Riflegear???? No one???

Apparently I need to buy something from them :)

Yeah ...... they are not open on Sunday .

potentate
11-06-2009, 8:08 PM
Riflegear is awesome. Their customer service is top notch. Has anyone had issues w/ their c-products 10/30 mags purchased from riflegear.

I have tried 2 different mags that fit too tight. They have to be forced in the mag well. I bought one from gunrunners which fits flawlessly.

STROLLER
11-06-2009, 9:21 PM
Started my first AR build at riflegear. Super cool guys and the prices are great.

Connor P Price
11-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Depending on traffic it can take me nearly 2.5 hours to get there. That being said, I bought my DD M4 there and will not hesitate to go again thanks to the great service.

nic
11-06-2009, 10:15 PM
I love Riflegear. One of the best shops, run by some of the friendliest, most awesomest people around.

bplvr
11-06-2009, 10:27 PM
I keep telling them that they need to franchise in San Diego.....I even know someone who will volunteer to be the manager of the store. ;)

doodoostain
11-06-2009, 10:46 PM
seriously coincidental . . . but i was planning to pay them a visit tomorrow. i wanted to buy my first stripped lower tomorrow and get the process started. glad i came across this thread. now i am definitely going.

series8217
11-06-2009, 10:49 PM
I love going down to Riflegear even though it often takes over two hours round trip due to traffic. The staff are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. I picked up another lower from them earlier this week and am now almost convinced to get one of those new MPA MAC clones ;-)

Steve O
11-06-2009, 11:34 PM
I've had some late packages, and a few times the wrong items.

capntroy
11-07-2009, 2:57 AM
Riflegear is like AM/PM; too much good stuff!

Nice guys too, no "counter commandos."

Fortunately, I live about two miles from them and my wife is now "trained" and no longer whines when I swing in there as she's dragging me to Ikea for yet another piece of fine Swedish furniture :D

Snaps
11-07-2009, 5:57 AM
I'm glad I saw this thread this morning just to put that extra little bit of emphasis on going down to Costa Mesa. I originally viewed their website and was presently surprised with all the options available to buy.

I plan on going down there today to get my first AR :)

Quiet
11-07-2009, 6:27 AM
Riflegear is excellent.

I got my AK pistol (Romanian Draco) through them. :thumbsup:
When I went to pick it up, I had to resist buying the LWRC REPR that they just got in.

FYI.
They got a bunch of MAC9 clones in stock for around $500. ;)

savageevo
11-07-2009, 6:27 AM
Im glad riflegear got the best people out of J&j. Riflegear has an awesome crew. I wish they were closer but when I am working around the area I try to stop by. Hey guys, have you thought of expanding your business, say around riverside area, hint hint.

Twystd1
11-07-2009, 7:16 AM
I went tp RifleGear yesterday for some AR parts
Great guys that take the time to chat and teach. I HIGHLY recommend them.

The best part is... They are 2 miles from my house.. Yea..!!!!

Twystd1

bplvr
11-07-2009, 10:35 AM
seriously coincidental . . . but i was planning to pay them a visit tomorrow. i wanted to buy my first stripped lower tomorrow and get the process started. glad i came across this thread. now i am definitely going.

They have CalGuns lowers in stock. Buying one helps to support the site you are on. Very nice product too !

doodoostain
11-07-2009, 3:58 PM
I just went to riflegear today. They were really cool. Turns out I went to high school with Brian. Went with a spikes lower. Get to get started in 10 days.