PDA

View Full Version : Will powder be available at the Ventura show?

rjf
11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
anyone know?

Jicko
11-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Likely, but be there like 2-3 hrs BEFORE the door opens.... if you want to pick up some....

EBR Works
11-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Powder was not available at the show due to fire marshal restrictions.

ETD1010
11-08-2009, 2:30 PM
fire marshall restrictions?? When did that go into effect? there used to be powder there all the time.

EBR Works
11-08-2009, 4:16 PM
No powder for the last two shows.

PonchoTA
11-08-2009, 4:25 PM
Why can't they give them an outdoor booth then?

:confused:

Fire in the Hole
11-08-2009, 4:39 PM
Why can't they give them an outdoor booth then?

:confused:

Can't even find powder/primers at the big Reno shows. And BTW, kindly stop injecting common-sense into the equation.:cool:

bruce_ventura
11-08-2009, 5:26 PM
But they had lots of primers at Miwals. I picked up 2,000 Win LR.

It took only 30 minutes for them to sell of pistol primers.

PonchoTA
11-08-2009, 6:29 PM
Can't even find powder/primers at the big Reno shows. And BTW, kindly stop injecting common-sense into the equation.:cool:

Oh, soooooorrrrrryyyyy! Geez!

:D

CSACANNONEER
11-08-2009, 6:43 PM

Really? I was at the Big Reno Show in August and there were primers there. I watched a lot of people walking out with cases of them. Powder was no where to be seen though.

Fire in the Hole
11-08-2009, 6:56 PM
Really? I was at the Big Reno Show in August and there were primers there. I watched a lot of people walking out with cases of them. Powder was no where to be seen though.

Gosh, I was there early. The only primers I could find,, even at Miwalls was shotgun and pistol. I was looking for large rifle. Nada.

GrayWolf09
11-08-2009, 7:40 PM
Lots of powder and primers at the Miwall booth at the Cow Palace this weekend.

Fairly decent prices too. Other booths had powder but the prices were inflated.

CSACANNONEER
11-08-2009, 7:51 PM
Gosh, I was there early. The only primers I could find,, even at Miwalls was shotgun and pistol. I was looking for large rifle. Nada.

You're right. IIRC, LRPs were non-existant there. Your last post just said that you could not find primers. It did not specify the type of primers you were looking for. I was surprised to see that there were any primers there let alone, the amount of primers that I saw. pistol primers were there in quantity and SRPs were around but way too expensive for me.

Fire in the Hole
11-08-2009, 8:29 PM
I should have specified as well. I'm in my infancy of learning about reloading. I currently load .30-06, .280, and .257 Roberts. I can't afford a whole shotgun or hand gun ammo set up right now.

CSACANNONEER
11-08-2009, 8:36 PM
If you have a single stage press, you can use it to reload handgun ammo. You can buy a cheap Lee shotgun press for next to nothing too. I'd suggest finding a used MEC for shotshells though. You should still be able to find an used 12g MEC for less than $100.

Fire in the Hole
11-08-2009, 8:48 PM
If you have a single stage press, you can use it to reload handgun ammo. You can buy a cheap Lee shotgun press for next to nothing too. I'd suggest finding a used MEC for shotshells though. You should still be able to find an used 12g MEC for less than $100.

I don't do e-bay anymore. Got burned 3 times. I keep going to the shows, but I have not been able to find any used reloading equipment. Lots of Sham Wows, beef jerkey, and Black Hills Jewlery, old pocket watches, Nazi insignia, etc. I've been going to both Reno Shows for 6 years now in search of reloading presses. So far, nope. I can't understand why they aren't there.