PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to transport?

RedStripes
11-03-2009, 1:39 PM
What is the proper way to carry my shotgun in and out from my vehicle into the house. Can I just carry it or should I get a case I really don't want to scare my neighbors. Also when I walk into the range is it a bad idea to not have a case for my gun. Can I use a guitar case, that would seem to be ideal. I just purchased my first firearm 9 days left on the DROS

Turo
11-03-2009, 1:47 PM
I don't like my neighbors seeing me put all my guns into my trunk, so I got a cheap double rifle case from Big 5 and I throw a few guns in there. There's nothing unlawful about carrying your shotgun, unloaded, from your house to your car. (as long as you don't live within 1000 feet of a school) You may not want to, but it would be considered open carrying.

RedStripes
11-03-2009, 2:31 PM
thanks, nice knowing I can just carry it, but am probably going to get a cheap case

U2BassAce
11-03-2009, 8:22 PM
Unless you live within a 1,000 feet of a school then you are good to just walk in. But a cheap soft case is what I would go with.

Seesm
11-03-2009, 9:36 PM
I use a big golf box and I can fit 10-12 rifles in it...

bambam8d1
11-03-2009, 9:48 PM
I usually go out on my front porch and have a fake argument on the phone first... makin sure to scream really loud and get all my neighbors attention. then i start making my trips to the truck carrying a plethora of weaponry. all the while still screaming and yelling to myself... after filling the truck with all the firearms i make one last run inside to grab the rug and some duct tape and scream "oh i got somethin for ya" on my way back to the truck.... thats pretty much how i load up. it will help if you kick around empty beer cans while doing this as well... just to let your neighbors know u mean business

hunteran
11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Is it 1000 feet as the crow flies?

Henry Hill
11-04-2009, 3:09 PM
I usually go out on my front porch and have a fake argument on the phone first... makin sure to scream really loud and get all my neighbors attention. then i start making my trips to the truck carrying a plethora of weaponry. all the while still screaming and yelling to myself... after filling the truck with all the firearms i make one last run inside to grab the rug and some duct tape and scream "oh i got somethin for ya" on my way back to the truck.... thats pretty much how i load up. it will help if you kick around empty beer cans while doing this as well... just to let your neighbors know u mean business

LOL!