PDA

View Full Version : DSA FAL Hammer, Sear & Trigger Kits Available!

5hundo
11-03-2009, 12:20 PM
If you guys are anything like me, you've been waiting for these for a while, so I just wanted to give you guys a "heads up"...

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=348011

Get 'em fast! I wanted to buy a back-ordered scope too and it went from available, to back-ordered in 1 day.

gatdammit
11-03-2009, 1:00 PM
outta stock already!? It's only been 30 minutes... I guess that's eons in this gun craze climate... dang!

5hundo
11-03-2009, 1:34 PM
outta stock already!? It's only been 30 minutes... I guess that's eons in this gun craze climate... dang!

That's how I felt about the scope I wanted to get!!!

Well, I hope some of you got them, at least...

-hanko
11-03-2009, 4:34 PM
Hang out around the FAL Files marketplace forum for a day or so, you'll find some for sale. Falcon Arms makes a nice hts set for FAL's, not sure of availability.

-hanko

thedrickel
11-03-2009, 8:31 PM
I've had plenty of falcon sets and they were all pretty crappy, I would only use DSA or FSE (good luck finding one). Even the Century set is better than Falcon.

gatdammit
11-03-2009, 10:29 PM
btw... speaking of fals... anyone know what's the best way to file down the shoulder on the bbl? Mine's undertiming on DSA type 1. Tools?

5hundo
11-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Even the Century set is better than Falcon.

If that's true, it's downright scary... :eek:

There's a reason why I'm replacing my Century kit with the DSA...

-hanko
11-04-2009, 4:22 PM
I've had plenty of falcon sets and they were all pretty crappy, I would only use DSA or FSE (good luck finding one). Even the Century set is better than Falcon.
My mileage apparently does vary;)

-hanko

-hanko
11-04-2009, 4:27 PM
btw... speaking of fals... anyone know what's the best way to file down the shoulder on the bbl? Mine's undertiming on DSA type 1. Tools?
Lathe.

Without a lathe, buy a new file or 2 and some dykem (machinist's marking fluid). I use a flat file around 1/2 inch wide with the edges ground away so they won't cut. Apply the dykem (or permanent felt tip pen) to the barrel shoulder, file slowly and EVENLY around the shoulder.

.005" removed from the shoulder will give you 30 degrees (1 hour on the clock face) of movement. Remove about half of what you think you need, re-time the barrel and see what happens. Rule 1: FAR easier to file away metal than add some back if you cut too deep.;).

How far are you undertimed??

Also, check the build-it-yourself forum on the fal files...good info there.

hth

-hanko