PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Beck, LAPD Chief

CharlieK
11-03-2009, 8:54 AM
Anyone know if this guy is a gun grabber or a really nasty gun grabber? I can't image Villaretardo would appoint anyone else.

jello2594
11-03-2009, 9:00 AM
I like the fact that he worked so many years in the field and that two of his three children are officers...
His LATimes biography... (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/11/who-is-charlie-beck-a-look-at-mayors-choice-for-lapd-chief.html)

Liberty1
11-03-2009, 9:03 AM
He'll toe the company line...you don't get to that position any other way. :( I really hope I'm proved wrong.

Dirtbiker
11-03-2009, 9:38 AM
Charlie Beck is an expert level AHRMA vintage motocross racer. He raced Maico bikes for years.

His 2A stance I don't know but usually they don't stray too from from the Mayor's.

bodger
11-03-2009, 11:52 AM
He'll toe the company line...you don't get to that position any other way. :( I really hope I'm proved wrong.

Roger that. If he was willing to publicly be pro-gun, he wouldn't have made the short list.

I hope to proved wrong as well, but I'm not optimistic about it.

Beck once made the following comment about the Los Angeles city ordinance which requires fingerprint and FTF ammo purchases:

"It would be ten times more effective if it was a statewide law".

I'll assume that means he was in favor of AB962.

GuyW
11-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Beck once made the following comment about the Los Angeles city ordinance which requires fingerprint and FTF ammo purchases:

"It would be ten times more effective if it was a statewide law".

10 times nothing is still....

bodger
11-03-2009, 12:11 PM
10 times nothing is still....

Sacramento Police Captain James Maccoun commented on his city's FTF ammo laws, and their respective record-keeping:

"The dilemma for L.A, Sacramento, and other cities is that when the criminals learn about the law, they drive into other communities and stock up. We don't catch the smart ones."

So, AB962 only made the drive a little longer for some of us. I guess we're all going to be "smart ones" too.

These LEOs and legislators are unspeakably stupid.

laguns
11-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Make no mistake, Beck will be more of the same as far as 2A rights are concerned.