View Full Version : Why you NEED to pay attention where you leave your LOADED Firearm!!!

05-20-2005, 5:43 AM

In California, I think the man would have been charged.

05-20-2005, 7:01 AM
You think the dead guy would have been charged? or the daughter?

05-20-2005, 7:37 AM
You think the dead guy would have been charged? or the daughter? The neighbor whose shotgun that was. The guy was accidentally shot by his own daughter who was in the neighbor's house.

VERY impressive hole in the wall. I can't imagine anyone living with a hole like that in their body.

05-21-2005, 7:51 AM
This is a very sad thing..

''Three dollars would have saved the man's life,'' he said.

No Eddy the Eagle programs in our schools would have saved this man. Basic firearms safety prevents these tragedies.

In CA the man absolutely would have been arrested for neglegent storeage of a firearm.

This shotgun was out for self protection. It would have been unlocked. I hope he's not dumb enough to lock a loaded shotgun.

I think I'll go offer to set up a firearms saffety program for my kids school again.

05-21-2005, 9:12 PM
that is a very very sad story.

05-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Three dollars would have save his life ?? How about one ounce of common sense. Leaving a loaded shotgun, or any gun for that matter, just laying around is begging for disaster. Although tragic for all involved, that "incident" was stupid and preventable.