PDA

View Full Version : why are these being advertised on Calguns.net????

luckystrike
11-03-2009, 1:47 AM
seems like the right place to post this.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=2&idproduct=1040

thefifthspeed
11-03-2009, 2:18 AM
I guess for the select few that can buy them and the out-of-staters that frequent the boards?

RobG
11-03-2009, 2:32 AM
Any advertising brings in $$. That and there are those that can own suppressors in CA.

Maybe they know something we don't:TFH:

luckystrike
11-03-2009, 2:38 AM
Any advertising brings in $$. That and there are those that can own suppressors in CA.

Maybe they know something we don't:TFH:

ah not very many people though:/

NSR500
11-03-2009, 2:50 AM
I can buy them as well as many other Calgunners who are Dual State folks, or have moved entirely out of California.

luckystrike
11-03-2009, 4:35 AM
I can buy them as well as many other Calgunners who are Dual State folks, or have moved entirely out of California.

so what is the legality of them in other states?

jmlivingston
11-03-2009, 6:23 AM
Where is that item being advertised at? I haven't seen a thread about it.

tunder
11-03-2009, 7:35 AM
They were made "not illegal" in Missouri a bit over a year ago.

First you will need a FFL. Any FFL will do and a C&R is the cheapest and easiest. This is exactly the same as owning any NFA items: MGs, SBRs, SBSs, or DDs and now "silencers" as they are known to BATFE) that are legal in Missouri.

Next, you will need to determine if your Sheriff or other CLEO will sign off on the forms for you unless you are exempt (Class III, Class VII, SOT etc.)

If he/she will, then it is a "simple" Federal colonoscopy (Form 4), fingerprints, passport photos, pay the taxes and a lot of waiting in anticipation.

If he/she will not, then you have the corporation route. You can establish a corporation to own the silencers/suppressors and not need the photos, fingerprints, and signoffs. You still have to pay the taxes. The corporation would own the silencers so you must get a FFL for the corporation first. You must also keep up the corporation and FFL as long as you wish to possess the NFA items.

A trust will not work in Missouri like it does in some states as a trust cannot have a FFL.

Lastly, you will need another good paying job as NFA is more addictive than crack and a lot more expensive. But think of the money you will save not needing those foam ear plugs anymore. :D

Volia!

dantodd
11-03-2009, 7:42 AM
seems like the right place to post this.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=2&idproduct=1040

Perhaps they are advertising because they want to support the fight for the recovery of 2A rights in California. CalGuns is the leading force in this battle and helping them open the most populace state in the union to their products makes perfect sense to me.

Of course you could always send the company an email and ask why they choose to advertise here.

Spyder
11-03-2009, 7:47 AM
Imagine how much money they'll make if suppressors become legal in California!!!

DarkHorse
11-03-2009, 9:11 AM
I don't know if you ar referring to a specific thread, where suppressors are advertised, or are generally referring to the company as a sponsor of this site, but they sell more than suppressors. Lots of the other stuff is legal.

xxdabroxx
11-03-2009, 9:26 AM
Lots of good 10/22 parts.

wildhawker
11-03-2009, 9:55 AM
Relax, it simply happens to be TacSols banner ad.

ETA: Obviously it's working for them.

chickenfried
11-03-2009, 10:00 AM
If 100% of a retailer's items aren't CA legal they shouldn't be a sponsor?:confused:
I've had my eye on this one...
http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=29

Timberwolf
11-03-2009, 10:16 AM
It is rather odd - kinda like advertising steaks on a vegan forum

luckystrike
11-03-2009, 1:57 PM
Where is that item being advertised at? I haven't seen a thread about it.

its one of the sponsors thats at the top of the forum.

thanks for you input and clearing everything up!

freakshow10mm
11-03-2009, 2:02 PM
I bet they have one single banner ad code for every forum they advertise on and just submit the single banner to save time customizing it for every single forum.

Bullseye and many others that advertise here have the same ones on GT and other forums.

Full Clip
11-03-2009, 2:08 PM
What, you don't own a vacation home in a "free" state?

jmlivingston
11-03-2009, 7:03 PM
its one of the sponsors thats at the top of the forum.

thanks for you input and clearing everything up!

Their banner just links to their storefront, they aren't advertising that particular item on CGN. I'm sure they have plenty of customers in other states where it's possible to acquire that item.

John

luckystrike
11-03-2009, 7:32 PM
Their banner just links to their storefront, they aren't advertising that particular item on CGN. I'm sure they have plenty of customers in other states where it's possible to acquire that item.

John

again thanks for clearing it up for me....kinda had my hopes upp....:/

NSR500
11-03-2009, 7:56 PM

There is something like 30+ States in the United States of America that allow ownership of Silencers.

bobcatmech
11-03-2009, 7:58 PM
if pot can be legal-legalize us california people to enjoy our firearms-we are not felons we are people that are trying to enjoy our rights!!!

M. Sage
11-03-2009, 9:06 PM
I deleted a couple of posts... if people want to get in a pissing match, I suggest you do it elsewhere. And don't take "suggest" too literally, as you're not being asked but told. Got it?

Varies from state to state. Some are suppressor friendly, others aren't.

Texas is, and I actually got to partake at a recent TGT shoot. It was awesome! :43:

BRANCHER
11-03-2009, 9:42 PM
Imagine how much money they'll make if suppressors become legal in California!!!

Let me fix this for you.... Imagine how much money they'll make WHEN suppressors become legal in California!!!

14th amendment will incorporate 2nd next year.
9th Circuit and Jerry Brown even know it.

Now as long as we keep congress and senate from setting new restrictive laws...

MikeR
11-05-2009, 11:31 PM
It is rather odd - kinda like advertising steaks on a vegan forum

I would say more like advertising crack on a rehab forum. :D

MP301
11-06-2009, 1:25 AM
Actually there is nothing preventing you from owning a suppressor as a Ca resident. Its just that the suppressor itself can never enter the state. You can own one and store it elsewhere. There is at least one Calgunner that said he got his tax stamp and is the legal owner and he doesnt have dual rsidency either. He stores it at his dads in Nv IIRC.