PDA

View Full Version : Out of state?

geeyoffthehook
11-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Are there any BLM type places where we could possibly shoot and camp outside of CA, particularly anywhere close to the I.E./SoCal area?

Also, any laws I should be aware of?

Scratch705
11-03-2009, 12:58 AM
wait, how can you be on BLM land that is out of state, but still near IE/Socal? that doesn't make any sense. any place out of state is already far from IE/Socal.

But to answer to what i think is your question, nevada would be closest. travel 1000ft from nearest highway or populated areas, aim towards a good backstop (Sierra Mountains should do fine) and blast away.

IIRC that is fine to do, and legal in NV. not sure they have the whole BLM thing we got here.

geeyoffthehook
11-03-2009, 10:41 AM
wait, how can you be on BLM land that is out of state, but still near IE/Socal? that doesn't make any sense. any place out of state is already far from IE/Socal.

But to answer to what i think is your question, nevada would be closest. travel 1000ft from nearest highway or populated areas, aim towards a good backstop (Sierra Mountains should do fine) and blast away.

IIRC that is fine to do, and legal in NV. not sure they have the whole BLM thing we got here.

Oh, sorry I didn't make that too clear. I meant close in the relative sense, as opposed to going all the way up north to find a place. ;)