PDA

View Full Version : LEO's monitor this site.

diginit
11-02-2009, 6:38 PM
Please be careful what you post here unless you want everything that is legal now to be illegal in the near future. This state already has enough stupid laws. I think even LEO's will agree. They have enough to deal with already.

rkt88edmo
11-02-2009, 6:43 PM
and even if it isn't being actively monitored, heaven forbid you end up having a bunch of questionable remarks dug up if you happen to have an extended LEO encounter.

However, there have been various groups monitoring calguns at all times. If you ever feel that anything is hinky is going on, don't do it, and report it.

sv_1
11-02-2009, 7:39 PM
I'll really be worried when the Capricorns are watching me:TFH:

Southpaw45
11-02-2009, 8:13 PM
First thing I would do is get rid of any photos of cats doing sniper work out of the 10th story window....:13::willy_nilly:

Seesm
11-02-2009, 8:15 PM
I think Calguns monitors it a fair bit too...

chickenfried
11-02-2009, 8:17 PM
I shouldn't post about illegal stuff because they might become illegal?:confused:

Please be careful what you post here unless you want everything that is legal now to be illegal in the near future.

yzernie
11-02-2009, 8:20 PM
Please be careful what you post here unless you want everything that is legal now to be illegal in the near future. This state already has enough stupid laws. I think even LEO's will agree. They have enough to deal with already.
I don't think the LEOs who are members here are the ones people need to worry about. I believe it is the uninformed (State and Fed) who make the rules who are the ones who are of concern.

diginit
11-02-2009, 8:38 PM
I don't think the LEOs who are members here are the ones people need to worry about. I believe it is the uninformed (State and Fed) who make the rules who are the ones who are of concern.

Good Point. The other posts, except for the Mod, I refuse to even take into consideration. Well. Maybe the cat, That was pretty good. This post is about legal items that will become illegal. Like most other fun stuff. It just takes one, And one just posted on #6....

Greg-Dawg
11-02-2009, 8:42 PM
I'm watching every one of you, since I'm the Glock Fo-Tay DEA guy.

five.five-six
11-02-2009, 8:43 PM

! have a sneaky way of subverting these dirty spy's

keep scrolling

SHHHHH! it's a secret

ready????

Obey the law!

Grumpyoldretiredcop
11-02-2009, 8:48 PM
:TFH: Time to loosen it. It's on a little too tight.

diginit
11-02-2009, 8:50 PM
Tannerite
Binary exploding target
LEGAL/ stable/patented
Fed license no, on request.
WTF?

chickenfried
11-02-2009, 8:54 PM
:confused:
So you're trying to say don't post about tannerite. Because some cop will see the post and try to make it illegal? What other legal but fun things should we avoid posting about? How's a cop going to make it illegal?

Tannerite
Binary exploding target
LEGAL/ stable/patented
Fed license no, on request.
WTF?

diginit
11-02-2009, 9:11 PM
A cop can't make it illegal, But they can sure give you a hard time. Being misinformed. Look in General discussions. But you are the one that made the comment in # 6 that I don't understand. You quoted legal but stated ILLEGAL..... I just don't get it. Could be a simple mistake, I guess.

Vinz
11-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I see what you are saying though. You are wary of a red light going off when certain topic is brought up. But trust me the authorities have thought of everything any of us have these days. Everything is being disected and examined.

I do see a bunch of strange fishing topics popping up then the OP doesn't show up again. Its almost like the site if being tested.

But cops have always been here. Hell they have their own section.
vinz

oaklander
11-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Folks - if you see something fishy:

1) report the post using the little icon on the upper right.

OR

2) if it appears to be someone who has gotten into trouble over LEGAL items, please copy the post and PM it to me, Gene, or Bill.

3) It goes without saying that we do not condone illegal activities here.

Black Majik
11-02-2009, 11:03 PM
LEOs monitor this site? So that means the posts in the LEO subforum are by non-LEOs? :D

NSR500
11-03-2009, 1:18 AM
That's funny because I'm monitoring the LEO's. :p

jmlivingston
11-03-2009, 5:45 AM
In all seriousness though, we do have people checking out Calguns from the ATF and the CA DoJ, as well as from various local agencies. Comments from this forum were found quoted in documents uncovered by FOIA requests several years ago, specifically in emails from a CA DoJ staffer to a member of the Brandy Bunch (or was it LCAV?). That's why BWiess frequently says - "Hi Allison!", she's the DoJ attorney who made the quote.

This is a part of why we will not tolerate illegal activity being blatantly discussed or displayed here. It protects us, protects the OP, and maintains our ability to be taken seriously as a grassroots organization.

John

Mitch
11-03-2009, 5:50 AM
In all seriousness though, we do have people checking out Calguns from the ATF and the CA DoJ, as well as from various local agencies.

Not to mention the press and others, which is why homophobic rants, partisan political tirades and immigrant bashing probably don't do us any favors.

dirtnap
11-03-2009, 5:56 AM
Not to mention the press and others, which is why homophobic rants, partisan political tirades and immigrant bashing probably don't do us any favors.

So you're saying they should close the OT section? :D

SJgunguy24
11-03-2009, 6:07 AM

So you're saying they should close the OT section? :D

No but sometimes it does get a bit over the top. Most of the time it's the stick and move items, and generally the mods slap those members down pretty hard if they get out of hand.

high_revs
11-03-2009, 6:35 AM
should i be worried about my posts here and cops will just be waiting to jump me when i walk out the door? seriously... why the paranoia? if you're not doing anything illegal, why worry. if you're not sure (before you do something of course!), that's why we have this sight to ask for help ya.

yah, i see lots of PDs in my area. I wave to them each time I pass by on my little yellow scooter (particularly the moto ones). :)

tenpercentfirearms
11-03-2009, 10:33 PM
If the underlying theme is we should be careful of what we say because the anti's might read it, I find that bunk. The anti's already hate us and nothing I say is going to make them hate me less. Plus what are they going to do? Run to the citizens of this state and say these gun people on a gun board said something naughty?

No one cares what you say on here. They either like you, they don't, or they simply don't care.

Scratch705
11-03-2009, 10:40 PM
I live on the moon, your earth laws don't affect me...... haha

retired
11-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I see what you are saying though. You are wary of a red light going off when certain topic is brought up. But trust me the authorities have thought of everything any of us have these days. Everything is being disected and examined.

I do see a bunch of strange fishing topics popping up then the OP doesn't show up again. Its almost like the site if being tested.

But cops have always been here. Hell they have their own section.
vinz

And they even have a mod who is a retired leo too.:eek::D

locosway
11-03-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm not sure what this thread is trying to do, but if someone is breaking the law, why do you care? Honestly, I could care less what someone on the internet is saying they do, so long as it doesn't affect me.

Was this thread in response to something recent, or just some general "I'm drunk and need to post" thread?

SJgunguy24
11-03-2009, 11:56 PM
And they even have a mod who is a retired leo too.:eek::D

Yeah but they only let you out twice a day for exercise:D

locosway
11-03-2009, 11:58 PM
A cop can't make it illegal, But they can sure give you a hard time. Being misinformed. Look in General discussions. But you are the one that made the comment in # 6 that I don't understand. You quoted legal but stated ILLEGAL..... I just don't get it. Could be a simple mistake, I guess.

We can't go around worrying about how legal activities may appear over the internet. Us talking about tannerite won't change anything, especially when people who're usually too lazy to read, just pop over to youtube and watch people blow up all kinds of things with tannerite and other explosives.

Honestly, grow a pair and stand your ground. It's legal, and they can shove it until the law changes. If you're really worried about them being misinformed then take some time and draft an official letter to all departments and make sure all officers sign off on their new training material about tannerite.

SJgunguy24
11-03-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure what this thread is trying to do, but if someone is breaking the law, why do you care? Honestly, I could care less what someone on the internet is saying they do, so long as it doesn't affect me.

Was this thread in response to something recent, or just some general "I'm drunk and need to post" thread?

Meh...who knows, baby keeping you up?
I've been trying to get back on a work schedule......up all night B.S. ing on calguns.....3-4 hours of shut eye and up at 0500.

locosway
11-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Meh...who knows, baby keeping you up?
I've been trying to get back on a work schedule......up all night B.S. ing on calguns.....3-4 hours of shut eye and up at 0500.

Baby is sleeping, but my wife has high blood pressure for some reason since giving birth (which is the opposite). So tonight she drove herself to the ER to get it looked at. She called once and they gave her some meds, but she was shaken up a bit. I want to run down there but I don't have a sitter for the kids at this hour. If anything happens I'll have to call my mom and see if she'll come over... /sigh

Hopefully the cops don't bust down my door and find my 100lbs. of TANNERITE under the baby crib. /sarcasm

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Baby is sleeping, but my wife has high blood pressure for some reason since giving birth (which is the opposite). So tonight she drove herself to the ER to get it looked at. She called once and they gave her some meds, but she was shaken up a bit. I want to run down there but I don't have a sitter for the kids at this hour. If anything happens I'll have to call my mom and see if she'll come over... /sigh

Hopefully the cops don't bust down my door and find my 100lbs. of TANNERITE under the baby crib. /sarcasm

Oh....your bad...thats funny though.

Hey man I sure hope your better half gets to feeling better soon. It's bad enough dealing with kids but when the wife is losing it too........patience is a must.

locosway
11-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah, she had a bad spinal headache from the epidural that "never happened" according to her chart. We spent Halloween in the ER at a different hospital so they could try and hydrate her enough to remove the headache. Unfortunately that didn't help, and they wouldn't treat her blood pressure. Tonight her pressure was high enough to where she needed to see someone. So she's there again...

Maybe it's all my TANNERITE that's causing the problems. Maybe I'll discharge my illegal firearms illegally in my backyard within city limits in order to detonate the explosive tannerite. Then again, I could just bury it next to the dead bodies under the willow.

SJgunguy24
11-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Yeah, she had a bad spinal headache from the epidural that "never happened" according to her chart. We spent Halloween in the ER at a different hospital so they could try and hydrate her enough to remove the headache. Unfortunately that didn't help, and they wouldn't treat her blood pressure. Tonight her pressure was high enough to where she needed to see someone. So she's there again...

Maybe it's all my TANNERITE that's causing the problems. Maybe I'll discharge my illegal firearms illegally in my backyard within city limits in order to detonate the explosive tannerite. Then again, I could just bury it next to the dead bodies under the willow.

:rofl2::rofl2: Locos, dude I gotta crash. Hey man PM me with her results. We've never met but anytime a calgunner has any family problem. It hits me too, we are kind of a family here. You know what i'm saying?
Oh well, i'm hoping for the best and i'll keep you guy's in my thoughts.

ChrisTKHarris
11-04-2009, 12:32 AM
http://fairimmigration.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/watching-you.png

Midian
11-04-2009, 5:01 AM
This site most certainly drizzles through some sort of DHS or NSA net filter, looking for wingnuts or other incriminating data.

When the Patriot becomes the enemy, you have a real problem.

Mitch
11-04-2009, 6:07 AM
No one cares what you say on here. They either like you, they don't, or they simply don't care.

I certainly agree with you with regard to firearms discussions. We should be as open and frank as possible, damn the torpedoes.

But if you also consider this very public forum as sort of a gun rights ambassador to a curious public, it would be beneficial if a lot of the angry hate speech was toned down.

I see the mods have been actively intervening when things have gotten out of hand, at least in the firearms-related forums. I never visit OT since the few times I looked it reminded me too much of Arfcom's sewer, GD. A kinder, gentler Arfcom GD, but sadly similar nonetheless.

diginit
11-05-2009, 6:42 PM
Don't bring your beef from another thread here, that is trolling. ~rkt

andrewj
11-05-2009, 6:50 PM
Maybe they'll actually learn something

bomb_on_bus
11-05-2009, 6:51 PM
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/dasulenski/bigbro-3.jpg

Steyrlp10
11-05-2009, 7:05 PM
Since we chatter away on here in spite of the various monitoring devices surrounding us, guess it's safe to say we're not going to run for public office and have our Calguns membership used against us :)

bomb_on_bus
11-05-2009, 7:14 PM
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/dasulenski/tinfoil.jpg

bubbapug1
11-05-2009, 7:19 PM
OBEY THE LAW, thats a very good idea. We don't need to do anything illegal because tanks to Calguns we can own any gun in the arsenal...almost.

And what a bullet button? Does it really take away that much from a gun? No!!

Does it provide a moment of safety for victims to flee should someone go nutzo like the cat in texas...no, because he was using psitols..

But it a feel good thing for lawmakers who really don't care about the public unless of course it invovles fleecing them for some cash...

B Strong
11-06-2009, 5:02 AM
The rule of thumb is that you should never post anything anywhere on the 'net that you wouldn't want to see on the front page of the newspaper, or on an arrest warrant.

nick007g
11-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey send me an e-mail to paranoid@yahoo.com, someone might be watching us here........

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds

:rofl2:

Mitch
11-06-2009, 11:16 AM
The rule of thumb is that you should never post anything anywhere on the 'net that you wouldn't want to see on the front page of the newspaper, or on an arrest warrant.

Or for your mother to see.

I think that covers everything.

till44
11-06-2009, 7:03 PM
I think the more LEOs that "monitor" the site the better. The more informed LEO the better.

locosway
11-06-2009, 9:07 PM
I think the more LEOs that "monitor" the site the better. The more informed LEO the better.

I'll second that...

ickbar
11-07-2009, 6:46 AM
Since we chatter away on here in spite of the various monitoring devices surrounding us, guess it's safe to say we're not going to run for public office and have our Calguns membership used against us :)

But even if all that conspiracy stuff was true, it's not like I'd give a **** unless I'm living in North Korea and forced to eat grass by certain state agencies.

I'm pretty sure there are ATF and DOJ agents on this board, they're human like all of us, the difference is they are getting a paycheck to watch this board while some of us are out of a job :(

edit: God I envy them so much, if the government was going to pay me to be on the internet, I'd go above and beyond monitoring and do the best job spouting big brother propaganda (affiliated agencie's political agenda) as a disguised troll.

geeknow
11-07-2009, 8:01 AM

Oh, how I wish that I could agree with this...Truly, it would give me hope...Sadly, I cannot...Much as the medical community will always circle the wagons around their own, I believe that Law Enforcement is the same.

Ask any LEO what his primary objective is, and the answer is always the same...officer safety...a noble goal, unless your Sworn primary objective is different...which it is...In that case, you have a serious conflict of interest in which the Citizen is always #2...

All LEO's need to be watched as carefully as we are...

GrizzlyGuy
11-07-2009, 9:22 AM
Oh, how I wish that I could agree with this...Truly, it would give me hope...Sadly, I cannot...Much as the medical community will always circle the wagons around their own, I believe that Law Enforcement is the same.

The video in this post sure seems to confirm your circle-the-wagons point: :(

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=238690

swerv512
11-07-2009, 5:31 PM
I dont mind one bit if LEOs montior here. It's the reckless gun owners who give all of us a bad name... Too many people posting stuff like " For Sale: Panther lower "Never Registered" for LEO not to hang out....
If people only :xeno: before they post, the board would be much safer...

G-Man WC
11-07-2009, 8:13 PM
Agreed. If your doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. -g