View Full Version : Anthony Bourdain & Ted Nugent

11-02-2009, 5:05 PM
For those with the Travel Channel famous food critic and New York City liberal Anthony Bourdain travels to the American southwest and best of all drops in to eat and shoot with Nugent. It's a repeat but the Nuge is always fun and it's all handled with respect for Ted and gun owners.

Airs today at 7 and 11 PM.

11-02-2009, 5:19 PM
Bourdain is socially liberal, but he's got a strong libertarian streak. Let's not have him so easily pegged.

11-02-2009, 5:37 PM
Actually having seen this before I'm just paraphrasing Bourdain. In the buildup to his visit to Ted he talks about being a NYC liberal on his way to meet and eat with a famously right wing Nugent. Outside of that I have no clue who or what he votes for or what his views are. He handles the visit and the shooting with great respect and obviously has no issues with hunting.

11-02-2009, 6:16 PM
Luv, Anthony and Ted.
Great show.

11-02-2009, 6:17 PM
I don't think a lot of cooks/chefs have any qualms about hunting, maybe guns, but not hunting. Of course, unless they're vegans. People who cook know where the meat is coming from and the fresher the better. I remember seeing Andrew Z from Bizarre Foods participating in a hunt and loving it!

I have a liberal, ACLU card carrying friend who can out shoot me with a revolver and encourages me to go hunting for a wild boar to put on his big freakin' BBQ. Liberals come in a lot of different flavors.

11-02-2009, 8:17 PM
Not all libs are BAD... Ok all libs ARE BAD... But some are worse than others... :)

11-02-2009, 8:22 PM
Yup, most chefs have no problems with hunting, especially when they can arrange the delivery of some fresh deer or pig meat via some hunters they know...

Michael Pollan, another guy who can be categorized as a liberal, also wrote a nice chapter about hunting and its virtues in his best-seller The Omnivore's Dilemma.

And I have some liberal friends who are very much interested in tagging along to hunt deer or birds, and thinking about taking hunting education classes. I think guys like Bourdain or Pollan have something to do with it. And let's not knock the ACLU either - they once sued a West Virginia county for not allowing citizens to hunt on private lands on Sundays.

11-02-2009, 9:02 PM
WOW! I never knew they were an item.....

Sorry Ted. Just kidding. Remember me? I was the one that held the door open for you at the archery store on Union Ave in Campbell. Sorry I didn't recognize you at the time. You were just another person.

11-03-2009, 7:18 AM
My favorite quote is. Tony "I envision your theme resturant."

Uncle Ted." Yes and at my resturant you have the option.........to shoot it yourself."

Another one. Uncle Ted. " I've personally planted over 100,00 trees, STFU Sting go plant some Effn' trees":D

I love Ted.

11-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Bourdain went to Vietnam to do a show, and ended up shooting a M16 full auto on his show......

11-03-2009, 1:06 PM
Bourdain says something to the effect of "I don't think anyone in their right mind needs one of these guns. Unless it's me" I can't recall the exact quote, but he does seem to come away with a positive experience.