PDA

View Full Version : More on Meg

Doug L
11-02-2009, 3:30 PM
Found an article on Meg Whitman---based on an interview---by the San Francisco Chronicle from February 13, 2009. This was before the spotlight was shining on her as brightly as it is now, so contains answers possibly a little more honest than what well get from her now-a-days.
Its not encouraging. Here are some excerpts.

"Meg Whitman Makes Case On How She's Different"

...Guns: She said she supports Second Amendment rights, but that an assault weapon ban and handgun restrictions are "probably the right thing in California." She does not own a gun...

...Asked if she would favor cutting benefits such as welfare or health care to illegal immigrants, Whitman said that although border enforcement is important she would not support such cuts, because "whether they're legal or illegal (immigrants), those benefits go to children...and we have to protect the children."...

...Abortion rights: "I am pro-choice, and while I would like...to bring down the number of abortions in America, I don't think we can take choice away from women and their partners and doctors." Whitman says she supports government funding for abortions, saying, "As long as abortion is legal, it has to be made available to women of all means."...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/12/MNCU15SUDJ.DTL

kf6tac
11-02-2009, 3:37 PM
I think that excerpt on her stance on guns has been thrown around quite a bit lately. It's basically the only thing that's been said (and probably known) about her position.

ImpliedConsent
11-02-2009, 4:13 PM
...Guns: She said she supports Second Amendment rights, but that an assault weapon ban and handgun restrictions are "probably the right thing in California." She does not own a gun...

...Asked if she would favor cutting benefits such as welfare or health care to illegal immigrants, Whitman said that although border enforcement is important she would not support such cuts, because "whether they're legal or illegal (immigrants), those benefits go to children...and we have to protect the children."...

...Abortion rights: "I am pro-choice, and while I would like...to bring down the number of abortions in America, I don't think we can take choice away from women and their partners and doctors." Whitman says she supports government funding for abortions, saying, "As long as abortion is legal, it has to be made available to women of all means."...

Why oh why, oh why must we lump these themes together? If we stay on target with the gun rights topic, we make a better sales pitch to our peers with less risk of internal division along other political lines.

It doesn't do the gun rights movement any favors to combine it with the topics of immigration and abortion, both of which are quite divisive.

Mstrty
11-02-2009, 4:28 PM
Yuck Yuck and more Yuck. California doesn't need Meg:helpsmilie:

Glock22Fan
11-02-2009, 4:30 PM
...Abortion rights: "I am pro-choice, and while I would like...to bring down the number of abortions in America, I don't think we can take choice away from women and their partners and doctors."

Since when have the fathers had a say?

Roadrunner
11-02-2009, 7:57 PM
Since when have the fathers had a say?

She means that so long as everyone has the right to say kill the child, she's okay with that.

Mayhem
11-02-2009, 8:25 PM
These are the 3 most hotly Debated subjects In U.S. Politics.

1) Abortion
2) Illegal Immigration
3) Gun control

You can almost decide on who to vote for on these 3 alone and thats why most Candidates either avoid them or double talk there way out of them.

I would never vote for Meg Whitman for her answer to #2 and #3 Abortion by adults does not concern me much. As far as I'm concerned they can jump off a bridge and you can't stop them So #1 Rarely concerns me unless it involves parental rights vs child Rights.

Me I'm Pro 2a to the core I believe the only thing that gun control can possibly accomplish is to keep a Known prohibited person from walking into a gun store and legitimately walking out with a Gun.

I'm a Moderate on the Illegal Immigration issue. I believe illegals should not receive any assistance other then emergency medical assistance just before we deport them. I however believe that Immigration system needs to be over hauled. We need to lock down the borders and I do believe we need a form of amnesty program. A grace period to allow all illegals to turn them selves in. any illegal that does not turn them selves in gets deported. Take the people that turn them selves in find out who is worth keeping and wants to stay. kick the rest out. The keepers should have to go into a 3 year program. Pay a small quarterly fee to help pay back some of there back taxes and pay for the amnesty program. Learn english and stay out of trouble. Then they can work to become a US citizen alternately they can stay out of trouble learn english and serve 4 years in the armed forces if they qualify for service they should be given there citizenship without repayments or going threw a program Heck we can even get the military to teach them english (ok bad chopped up english, with acronym speak, but english).

Abortion by adults really isn't something I care much about one way or the other. I feel if your over 18 its between you and your faith. However I feel we need to stop pushing abortion like its condoms or BC pills or candy bars during Halloween. While I feel insurance programs even State medical aid programs should cover it I feel no other government money should be spent on the issue. No grants to family planing clinics for abortions. What I am touchy about is a parents rights. Our Right to know and Our right to at least have a voice. California feels your 12 year old little girl should be able to get knocked up leave school and have an abortion not only without your consent but but without your knowledge ... God forbid she wants a tat, a piercing or even a dental filling which requires parental consent.

Cokebottle
11-03-2009, 1:08 AM
She's Arnold II

No big surprise... the Republican party keeps doing their best to run people who will appeal to the moderates and the left, operating under the assumption that:
A - Their base will never vote for a democrat.
B - The Libertarian party doesn't have a chance.

Did they learn from McCain?
Did they learn from W's narrow victories?
No... they think they aren't "moderate" enough and need to show more "bipartisanship"

NSR500
11-03-2009, 1:52 AM
She's done... Stick a fork in her already... Just another RINO!!!