PDA

View Full Version : Removing Prince Bullet Button?

bluetentacle
11-02-2009, 11:18 AM
I have a Prince 50 bullet button installed on one of my lowers. This is one of the earlier models with friction fit. I remember having to sand it down and gently hammer it into the lower. Now I want to remove it and replace it with a raddlock. Has anyone had big problems removing this bullet button? Thanks.

7222 Hawker
11-02-2009, 2:32 PM
Never had a problem but why dont you just yank it out with a pair of vice grips. Doesn't sound like you going to use it again anyway.

SLYoteBoy
11-02-2009, 3:40 PM
Thinking about doing the same thing. Mabye come in through the back , where the latch is , and tap it out with a punch and mallet. you do it first though ;)

rips31
11-02-2009, 3:59 PM
separate your upper from lower, remove any pistol grip or collapsible stock, grab bb with pliers and just pull hard. you can definitely unscrew the mag release and tap it out a bit and then just keep pulling. a couple of good tugs and you should have it out. at least it worked that way for me.

Blacktail 8541
11-02-2009, 4:02 PM
separate your upper from lower, remove any pistol grip or collapsible stock, grab bb with pliers and just pull hard. you can definitely unscrew the mag release and tap it out a bit and then just keep pulling. a couple of good tugs and you should have it out. at least it worked that way for me.

You do not need to remove the grip or collapsible stock once the lower and upper are separated as the lower is not considered a center fire rifle by itself.

rips31
11-03-2009, 3:47 PM
removal of grip and stock helps to minimize any sort of 'accident' that could twist/torque/warp/etc any parts (or to yourself) that happen to be protruding from the lower receiver. the receiver sits better on its little vise mount better without all the extra crap.

fwiw, when i first installed the original bb, wes (10%) separated the rifle halves and removed the pistol grip and stock. his reasoning...better to be safe than sorry. not a bad mantra to remember. don't bet that any cop/da will know the difference. 30 seconds of removal beats 30 days of confiscation or lawyers.

You do not need to remove the grip or collapsible stock once the lower and upper are separated as the lower is not considered a center fire rifle by itself.

bluetentacle
11-08-2009, 4:25 AM
An update: I successfully yanked the button without much fuss, or any damage to the receiver.

It turns out that the fit of the button is not flush all around and it actually has a little wiggle in the hole. After a couple of tries of pulling while wiggling, the button was out.

JTROKS
11-08-2009, 7:57 AM
An update: I successfully yanked the button without much fuss, or any damage to the receiver.

It turns out that the fit of the button is not flush all around and it actually has a little wiggle in the hole. After a couple of tries of pulling while wiggling, the button was out.

Hip hip! Hoorayyyy!!!

tenpercentfirearms
11-08-2009, 6:57 PM
It is much easier to use a punch from the other side and just hammer it out.

Someoneelseok
11-08-2009, 7:46 PM
It is much easier to use a punch from the other side and just hammer it out.

yes, did this once. I concur. Couple of tight taps with an 8oz ball peen hammer and a punch and it's out.