PDA

View Full Version : Uzi 9mm AR mag

D53
11-02-2009, 7:23 AM
So this weekend I am going to modify some 9mm uzi rebuild kits to be 10/32 rounders to use in my 9mm AR, I looked round but couldn't find anyone posting their measurements on where they drilled and riveted the mag or what size block they used, any info would help. Thanks!

jchen76@gmail.com
11-02-2009, 9:08 AM
I have some the magazines modified. Didn't do it myself, will let you know later tonight where the rivet was installed and from what distance from floorplate, etc. Does your uzi rebuilds already have a magazine catch notch cut on the left side to lock it in the AR magazine well?

evollep3
11-02-2009, 9:39 AM
im still trying to find some uzi mags ;/

Steyr_223
11-02-2009, 9:52 AM
Hmm..

What don't you sell the Uzi mags as rebuild kits to Calgunners, going rate is $20 to $27..

Then buy an AR 15 9mm mag from here for $13.99 to $14.99:

http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CP9

They will ship the 10 round 9mm mags to Cali with no issues. Or you can order a 9mm 20rd and 30rd mags as rebuilt kits ($.99 per mag)...

9mm AR15 Magazines CProducts

CProducts 9mm AR15 magazines. Adopted as OEM magazine for Colt. Made from stainless steel with your choice of moly based Marlube finish or new CProducts Teflon finish. Bolt locks open on empty magazine. Guaranteed to fit, feed, and function perfectly in all brands of AR15 9mm rifles. Satisfaction guaranteed or money back.

Black and orange followers are identical except for color.

Click drop-down menu below to choose options.

Heavy_Grinder
11-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Sorry to thread jack but I just had to ask:

To my understanding the only mags available to us in Cali are...

1. Cproducts
2. RRA
3. and or modified UZI mags.

(METALFORMS are out of the question since they dont make 10 rounders and since no one sells 10/32 metalforms)

Since everyone seems to believe that Cproducts are unreliable as well as RRA......are UZI mags the only true reliable mags out there for a 9mm ar?

jchen76@gmail.com
11-02-2009, 10:09 AM
The first batch of C-products 9mm magazines made in Jan 2008 were pure crap. FTE, FTF, you name it. I bought 3 magazines, all 3 had issues. They were at the time, the only affordable 9mm AR magazines that were made in 10 rounders and bolt hold open feature. I returned them to C-products and they sent new magazines with 2nd gen followers. Since then, they've been 100%.

The uzi mags are great too, they were cheap to buy and modify. No bolt hold open feature on last shot, but it was 100% reliable.

Pro-mags also make a polymer version with BHO too. 32 rounder only, but I hear they are reliable and cheap.

D53
11-02-2009, 10:10 AM
I have some the magazines modified. Didn't do it myself, will let you know later tonight where the rivet was installed and from what distance from floorplate, etc. Does your uzi rebuilds already have a magazine catch notch cut on the left side to lock it in the AR magazine well?

Thanks, i will look forward to seeing the input. I would say measurement from florr plate up, pics always help too :D , and yes mine already have the cut on the left side to sit in the mag block.

im still trying to find some uzi mags ;/

I will keep an eye out for you.

Hmm..

What don't you sell the Uzi mags as rebuild kits to Calgunners, going rate is $20 to $27..

They will ship the 10 round 9mm mags to Cali with no issues. Or you can order a 9mm 20rd and 30rd mags as rebuilt kits ($.99 per mag)...

CProducts 9mm AR15 magazines. Adopted as OEM magazine for Colt. Made from stainless steel with your choice of moly based Marlube finish or new CProducts Teflon finish. Bolt locks open on empty magazine. Guaranteed to fit, feed, and function perfectly in all brands of AR15 9mm rifles. Satisfaction guaranteed or money back.

Honestly I will end up keeping my uzi mags and buying some RRA or Cproducts ones for fun later on, thank you for the link on those ones!

Sorry to thread jack but I just had to ask:

To my understanding the only mags available to us in Cali are...

1. Cproducts
2. RRA
3. and or modified UZI mags.

(METALFORMS are out of the question since they dont make 10 rounders and since no one sells 10/32 metalforms)

Since everyone seems to believe that Cproducts are unreliable as well as RRA......are UZI mags the only true reliable mags out there for a 9mm ar?

I am pretty sure that you can get Metalforms out here in CA if they are rebuild kits, that you modify to accept only 10 rounds. I am no 100% sure, but that sounds about right to me. I am sure someone else can chime in with all the correct legal info.

redcliff
11-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I don't think C-products magazines are bad at all, they just require your mag block to be repositioned if you're using a RRA mag block.

Personally I use a VM-Hytech mag block and unmodified Uzi Mags since both my AR15 and IMI Uzi are r.a.w. and I can use the magazines in both.

evollep3
11-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Hmm..

nope dont sell rebuilds anymore its a lot cheaper for people to buying from out of states these days than it is for me to get them and Cproduct 9 mags are not the best thats why i didnt get them from 44mag i prefer the uzi or meta ones

pwall
11-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Heres how to modify them for use in 9mm ar
HoSLgZIGxFA
Ive got a few kits for sale if anyone needs them!

D53
11-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Heres how to modify them for use in 9mm ar
HoSLgZIGxFA
Ive got a few kits for sale if anyone needs them!

thanks, I actually saw that the other day, but I was looking more on the measurements for a 10 round mag, where to drill the whole for the rivet, or how big of a block to make for it. :thumbsup:

jchen76@gmail.com
11-02-2009, 5:27 PM
Here's a pic of the riveted mag. Little shy of 11mm from bottom floor plate to rivet.

dachan
11-02-2009, 6:02 PM
Easy way of making a 10/32 Uzi mag is to insert a 3/8" dowel cut to 5 9/16" and riveting the floor plate.

Hoolpe
11-04-2009, 9:36 AM
Where can I find 9mm mags that fit into a standard lower (without the magwell adapter)? I looked at c-prodcuts site and couldn't find any.

Thanks.

Dirtbiker
11-04-2009, 9:43 AM
It depends on your upper. If you have a RRA, Colt, or Spikes you have to run a magwell adapter.

If you have a Alexander Arms upper you can use a modified Sten mag. The magwell adapter is welded to the mag.

Most prefer the Colt system.