PDA

View Full Version : Vltor vs CAA ak to ar15 stock conversion

rare
11-02-2009, 3:41 AM
Wondering which of these stock conversions is best for my ak . Please any pros or cons appreciated and also some pics of rifles with them on. Thanks

duraglock
11-02-2009, 7:33 AM
Rare im running the vltor on a coule of aks and also a s12 that has a fixed stock. Counts as a US part and has storage were an ar15 buffer would be. Has adapters for different thickness receivers and is a quality part.
Need to loctite the screws and sometimes the angle of the stock slants up which can be fixed with a washer. Overall very happy with it.

C_1
11-02-2009, 11:12 AM
The VLTOR one is better. It has a mil-spec extension/buffer tube and its a little cheaper in price than the CAA.

rare
11-02-2009, 6:41 PM
duraglock do you carry this product or know of calgun vendor that does? Thanx for the info Vltor it is.

supermario
11-02-2009, 7:48 PM
Rare im running the vltor on a coule of aks and also a s12 that has a fixed stock. Counts as a US part and has storage were an ar15 buffer would be. Has adapters for different thickness receivers and is a quality part.
Need to loctite the screws and sometimes the angle of the stock slants up which can be fixed with a washer. Overall very happy with it.

Do you have pictures of this tilt? Also it doesnt tilt downward like the tapco one does it. I hate that downward tilt. Looks cheesy. I would like to know if you will sell the vltor ones also. I will buy one from you.